toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Chris,

Yeah, that store was, of course, in Salem. It opened sometime after 1984 but before 1989. I do know the Lancaster Mall location was listed in the March 1989 TRU ad circular (which is here at the FPO group), alongside, of course, the three Portland-area stores. I would think that from its first day in business to when it was remodeled on the outside, I envision it to have the same brown roof and rainbow-striped paneling as the three Portland-area stores, but the lettering for "TOYS 'R' US" would've most likely been the 1986-style color scheme.

I do know the Lloyd Center TRU was definitely a '90s store (because on the outside there was that rainbow tiling). I actually set foot inside of Lloyd Center for the first time back in 1997, going in there once or twice or so for Game Boy Color games, and that store closed in early 2005. Ironically, TRU recently rose from the dead at LC, in the form of the "Toys 'R' Us Express" store, where a former electronics store was.

http://thecaldorrainbow.blogspot.com/2007/03/toys-r-us-design-timeline-part-i-1978.html
    (This is a site everyone a fan of the old Toys "R" Us should visit so as to get an idea as to what the buildings originally had looked like in terms of exterior.)

~Ben

Chris is offline Corn is good and good for you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm surprised this isn't in the videos section, Pete, it's pretty historic. The worst commercial EVER to come out of Oregon. You know, I have to side with the tobacco industry in this case. I don't want to hear it, either.
    Last edited by Chris; 07-19-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: fixed link.
    My comic! Now updated daily!

See Thelma and Franklin This and more in the KWVT Video Zone! Ringing in 2014!

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow, 1998? I didn't remember it going that far back. They were running that horrible thing as late as last year.

And I agree fully with your title there. Since it looks like it's your recording, I may add it later if you're fine with that.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: At long last, site updates are resuming! And We Bought A Retrode!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, that's fine. You can add it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it's time to add "It's not too late to sleep like a baby, Mattress World!" on the site. I haven't seen it in a while. That stupid lady in bed that tells me to go to BedMart has been dominating the airwaves lately. "Repeat after me: BedMart has the lowest prices in the area." or something.

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I think it's time to add "It's not too late to sleep like a baby, Mattress World!" on the site. I haven't seen it in a while. That stupid lady in bed that tells me to go to BedMart has been dominating the airwaves lately. "Repeat after me: BedMart has the lowest prices in the area." or something.
    Nah, I've seen it lately. And I prefer the lady in bed. Look closely at her coffee cup. It says "BABIES DON'T SLEEP" on it. Awesome.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: At long last, site updates are resuming! And We Bought A Retrode!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really? It's true. They don't sleep. Now you got me wanting to tape local ads again just to see that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Ramblin' Rod Cartoon Show (1970-1997)

This thread would not be complete here unless I give mention to KPTV-12's "The Ramblin' Rod Cartoon Show."

http://home.comcast.net/~kptv/programs/ramblinrod.htm

This, of course, was hosted by the late Rodney C. Andersen (1933-2002), aka "Ramblin' Rod Anders," and had evolved in 1970 from "Popeye's Pier 12" which he took over as host from Bob Adkins aka "Addie Bobkins" during the summer of 1964.

The familiar 7:30 AM morning timeslot and 60-minute running time debuted together on September 8, 1975. Prior to this point, the series was just a half-hour long and originally aired late in the afternoon (between 4 and 5 PM, times vary between seasons). In the 1975-97 period, kids could be seen on this show the morning after if they had his/her parents schedule a meeting in advance.

In the late 1980s and early 1990s, when such cable channels as Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network began broadcasting a majority of the Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry and Popeye shorts, the output of the Ramblin' Rod series declined, and from 1994-96, the series once again was cut back 30 minutes.

For its last season on the air of 1996-97, the show was moved to Saturday mornings at 8 AM, and once again reinstated to a full hour. The series finally ended on March 29, 1997.

~Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pete already mentioned it, it has its own page http://www.platypuscomix.net/fpo/his...amblinrod.html By the way, I have made a much better DVD of that episode, if you want it, just tell me.

carlaspirit is offline I'm coming home
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Look, there's Kite Man!

Last edited by carlaspirit; 10-11-2011 at 04:11 AM. Reason: fixed link