toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Peter Paltridge is online now Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mulberry "Year Six" Talkback

Like This Thread!

This is the talkback thread for the newest feature cartoon on the site, "Year Six." "New" being the relative term as it's been up there an obscenely long time.

My original plan was to do a few more one or two-part stories and then retire for the summer, but then I got an idea SO good (and so within a certain time period) that it had to be drawn NOW before it was too late. This is Mulberry's first real "adventure" plot; it's very different from her previous stories but it's the kind of thing I've wanted to do for a while, as I think Mulberry is the kind of character that can carry it well.

The truth is, though, right now it's up in the air whether I'll finish the story now or take the vacation from the features that is long overdue for me. It's in a real cliffhanger of a spot, so I'm worried such a move would tick you off, but I think it'd be better for the story if I don't become weary and halfass the climax. What do you think--do you want it finished now, or later?

Whatever I choose, one thing's for certain: it'll be done before the Chaps actually update H*R again....
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mulberry "Year Six" Talkback

This is the talkback thread for the newest feature cartoon on the site, "Year Six." "New" being the relative term as it's been up there an obscenely long time.

My original plan was to do a few more one or two-part stories and then retire for the summer, but then I got an idea SO good (and so within a certain time period) that it had to be drawn NOW before it was too late. This is Mulberry's first real "adventure" plot; it's very different from her previous stories but it's the kind of thing I've wanted to do for a while, as I think Mulberry is the kind of character that can carry it well.

The truth is, though, right now it's up in the air whether I'll finish the story now or take the vacation from the features that is long overdue for me. It's in a real cliffhanger of a spot, so I'm worried such a move would tick you off, but I think it'd be better for the story if I don't become weary and halfass the climax. What do you think--do you want it finished now, or later?

Whatever I choose, one thing's for certain: it'll be done before the Chaps actually update H*R again....
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

An Eskimo is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't really mind, but who won the coloring contest?

Agent S7 is offline Destined to Rock
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by An Eskimo
    I don't really mind, but who won the coloring contest?
    Whoever it was, it wasn't me. I had no idea WHAT I drew. While I colored and edited I thought of it as satire...but...er...

On the subject of Year Six: That comic rules. It's your choice whether you want to finish it now or later, but I like it a lot. It's a good, well-written adventure with plenty of humor mixed in. So...izkewl.

~s7
    Agent S7, Supreme Overlord of...Stuff! He has returned!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Agent S7 entered George W. Bush on Yoshi's body in a field full of Teletubbies. He was also the only person to send anything in, so I quietly shut the contest off.

I was hoping there were some real artists around, or at least a few who'd be willing to show how bad they are in the name of good humor.
    www.platypuscomix.net

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Agent S7 entered George W. Bush on Yoshi's body in a field full of Teletubbies. He was also the only person to send anything in, so I quietly shut the contest off.

I was hoping there were some real artists around, or at least a few who'd be willing to show how bad they are in the name of good humor.
    www.platypuscomix.net

Supermitto is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You always run to the risk of losing reader interest when you break something up... even with a particularly good story with momentum like this one. I'd say if you only have one more update planned, it might be best to wrap it up, but if it's snowballing in your head and you can imagine this getting quite a bit crazier over several more updates...may as well take a break until the creativity is really flowing and you're inspired to do justice with a great conclusion.

I5Spiders is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Man

Aww, If I knew about it I would have done something for it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    UPLOADED: 18 MORE PAGES FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF 60!

Yes, it's finally over. This final portion is twice as long as a normal update, and boyyy was it a bear to tackle--I worked on meeting this deadine for several hours a day for over a week and still barely made it. Yet I DID, and there it is, finally in its entirety. I didn't want to split this in half--it goes into surprising and emotional places that I didn't want interrupted.

Let me know what you think. As I said previously, this is quite a different story and I wanted the climax to be the best part. In my opinion I succeeded, but you have the final word on that.
    www.platypuscomix.net

Mulberry is offline Resident Heiress
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly, people, if I had to go through all this, the least you can do is read it.

Don't get me wrong--I don't care about Peter either--I just don't want that night to go to waste.
    Signed, Mulberry Sharona

Dynamite XI is offline Whoa, where have I been?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I read the whole thing...Whoa, simply whoa.

(Good whoa.)
    Last edited by Dynamite XI; 10-01-2006 at 06:48 PM.

nakak is offline Don't break a Pinkie Promise.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, it looks like there's a real life "year 6" scandal going on right now, with the Foley thing and all (okay, it's not exactly a Dubya thing, but his party is screwed).