• Truth Of Consequences

2 40.00%
  • Tweenage Tycoons

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Rover_Wow is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All Grown Up! premiere weekend poll and talkback (spoilage)

Like This Thread!

The poll asks which of the 5 eps that aired (or, as I'm posting this, are about to air) over the weekend in the US was (in your opinion) the best. Also, give your opinions on the eps. Thank you.
    BTW, if you're from another country (*cough Canada cough UK cough*) and have seen these eps, you're entitled to post your opinions on them in this thread as well.
    What would you like to do today?
    * Help Hey Arnold! fans get closure to their series: Go here and/or here (preferably, both).
    * Get Road Rovers another season: Go here, then.

Skeeter is offline Roving Wanderer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover_Wow
    The poll asks which of the 5 eps that aired (or, as I'm posting this, are about to air) over the weekend in the US was (in your opinion) the best. Also, give your opinions on the eps. Thank you.
    BTW, if you're from another country (*cough Canada cough UK cough*) and have seen these eps, you're entitled to post your opinions on them in this thread as well.
    I thought it was only four episodes of AGU that were airing.

-Skeeter
    Sometimes everything that you try isn't enough to change the world. Sometimes your greatest triumphs lead directly to your downfall. But when you open your heart to someone else, and you change each other, then whatever may come, you are unlimited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter
    I thought it was only four episodes of AGU that were airing.

-Skeeter
    The 4 new eps that are airing, plus the ep that aired in April as a preview. Checked Yahoo's scheds myself, and these eps will be airing over the premiere weekend (which in the eastern US starts in just over an hour).
    * Help Hey Arnold! fans get closure to their series: Go here and/or here (preferably, both).

Tash is offline Senior Member Daymare Invaders Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen that first episode before...

only the one I saw had Hilary Duff

Pokejedservo is offline Mega Man 3 is Classic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've seen just about all the episodes so far...

And its going pretty good so far, it does have the potential to be a good series.

*Picturing the show with the kind of "Adult Humor" that the 91-93 episodes of the original series had.*

That certainly could be intresting....
    Behind the Voice: The First Visual Guide to Voice Actors

www.behindthevoiceactors.com

Animelee is offline Pokeymans Nerd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw a few episodes on YTV a few weeks back, and let me say, it's like they just took the characters from Rugrats and inserted them into Rocket Power and As Told By Ginger.

Nick K. is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Its a nice change, but i like Rugrats better. I just think the image is too selloutish. I would like more connections from the past, tahts why i liked the first ep! Whis is Dil Pickles and Carl Foutley the same person? lol, i hope/ think the episodes will get better!

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Pretty entertaining show. I like it a lot better than the past few years of Rugrats.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Iamthafacts is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A little better than the past years of Rugrats, but making Dil act like Carl Foutley already squeezes out the originality of this series

loyalheart is offline It's Not TV. It's Cliche
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, he's not exactly like carl.

Iamthafacts is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    we know that, but some of his actions so far do resemble Carl, just without a friend by his side or a mother watchin his every move.

oh and the kim possible movie was fun, just to show respect

anime_guru is offline show me your as-sets
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    can;t say it was a nitzy episodes of the rugrats, however it was better than what we were given since 97...
    I think I can totally agree with the statement
    it's like they just took the characters from Rugrats and inserted them into Rocket Power and As Told By Ginger
    I totally agree with the statement...it was awkward to say the least...but it was a lot more impressive than the april special, that was natic...very bad job klasky/csupo
    in a sense I thought I was going to see some of the humor that made me love the rugrats in the early days (91-93), I must admit, there were some funny bars in the series, however I think that it is kinda a half ass attempt. the premise is good, to show some progression within the characters, however my biggest beef with the show goes to the animation
    would it kill you to have some characters that were proportionate!? I mean I remember duckman, the characters were kinda proportionate, aah real monsters did it, for once, just draw the characters with body proportions! it was good when they were children, however now...give me proportion since the age...
    all in all the special was...meh...no highs, lots of lows, but might work, if done properly
    so my rating
    5/10
    average episodes of rocket power without the skates...
    w00t! my hundredth post!

Pokejedservo is offline Mega Man 3 is Classic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well...

As for bringing in the "Adult Humor" like how the 91-93 episodes of the original series did. Its actually possible, why? Cause I heard that the creators once said in a interview that they'll try to bring in the concept of puberty sometime later in the series. And overall I must say that this should be intresting...

Pokejedservo
    Behind the Voice: The First Visual Guide to Voice Actors

www.behindthevoiceactors.com

PC!
    PC! is offline lolwut?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Huh. I must say, I'm impressed. Definitely better than most of Rugrats post-95. This show's humor seems to be more like the old Rugrats episodes rather than the new. A nice breath of fresh air. I think I'll actually enjoy this series.

Fine with me if Dil acts like Carl. At least I don't have to put up with ATBG to see a cool character like him.

My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien

Mysterious Saturn is offline Caught a Lite Sneeze
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think a big problem with the show is that the creators seem to forget that the characters are only ten years old, not 16.

Other than that, it's decent. It's a show I'll watch if I'm bored, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.
    ""Sit in the chair and be good now" and become all that they told you"- Tori Amos "Girl"

"She's convinced she could hold back a glacier, but she couldn't keep baby alive"- Tori Amos "Spark"

JusSonic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One thing for sure...

I enjoyed the Truth of Consequences episode where Tommy's friendships with his pals is on the line because he filmed them without them knowing. After that, his friends started to hated him especially Kimi. I don't know if anyone except those I told before but I am a Tommy/Kimi fan myself. Oh, I also like all the other episodes especially Bad Kimi when it turns out (spoiler!!! Do not read until you seen episode) Z wasn't stealing but giving away to charity and the cops show up just before the truth was revealed. A "As Told By Ginger" moment? Maybe...
    "HISTERIA!"-Loud Kiddington

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JusSonic
    (spoiler!!! Do not read until you seen episode)
    Uh, there's this thing called the spoiler box... use it.

Slagar is offline Lord of Light and Dark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow... Spike has certainly seen better days. The parents, too, which is a shame because their exchanges were one of the reasons why I liked "Rugrats" early on.

Anyways, it could use a little work, but the new show is definately an improvement over most of the post-'97 Rugrats episodes.
    -§!ågä®-
    The fall of the Roman Empire, the sinking of the Titanic, and the 1958 Edsel. Now, we don't want to say that Rocko caused all these things. But it does make you think... - Rocko's Modern Life

Eddie G. is offline Former Wolf/Writer.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't say I enjoyed it, can't say I hated it. Honestly I laughed when Suzie said, "Where you gonna get it?" in that whole music episode.

Anyway, the show isn't as bad as the recent Rugrats episodes, but no where near the level of the early Rugrats episodes. Hell, at times the babies seemed more adult than their pre-teen counterparts. But I don't know, I think they really need to be more simplistic with the storylines, make it like a teenage Rugrats; take a simple issue or idea and than expand on it.

Dealing with puberty would be cool, maybe they can manage to be the classic Pepper Anne/Bra episode.

Nick K. is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover_Wow
    Uh, there's this thing called the spoiler box... use it.
    Wow, you just keep telling people to use spoiler boxes!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast