Search the Site:
Follow Us:

View Poll Results: Rate Fairly Oddparents!

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 Faires

1 20.00%
  • 9 Faires

0 0%
  • 8 Faires

1 20.00%
  • 7 Faires

2 40.00%
  • 6 Faires

0 0%
  • 5 Faires

0 0%
  • 4 Faires

1 20.00%
  • 3 Faires

0 0%
  • 2 Faires

0 0%
  • 1 Fairy

0 0%
    DianaGohan is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Fairly Oddparents "Where's Wanda? / Imaginary Gary" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Yeah that's right, there's a new episode on Nickelodeon saturday morning actually worth talking about. It's the New Episode Of Fairly Oddparents at 10:30 a.m Eastern Standard Time. Based on the ads and titles, in the first one, Wanda was Fairy napped and Timmy and Cosmo break out the Black and White Crime Noir to try and find her. And in the next one, Timmy will probably do something with karate. Anyway, rate and review it here.

EDIT: Nevermind that "Kung Fu Fairy" stuff. I made a mistake. It was "Imaginary Gary" instead. Oh well, happens to everyone, right?
    Last edited by DianaGohan; 10-18-2003 at 06:28 PM.

Corrado is offline ...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Crap.

I'm going to miss it.

Perhaps they'll repeat this week some time. Does anybody know?
    Last edited by Corrado; 10-18-2003 at 07:43 AM.

Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First episode:

PLOT: On the night of a school movie festival, Wanda disappears before she and Cosmo are supposed to meet with Jorden Von Strangle, the head fairy, for an important meeting---prompting Timmy to turn himself into a private eye a la Sam Spade to try to find her.

COMMENTS:
    An OK episode....

REFERENCES:
    "Casablanca" is the classic 40's Humphrey Bogart movie, of course.

"Jaws" was Spielberg's first big blockbuster hit (back in 1975).

Second episode:
    PLOT: After feeling dejected, Timmy wishes he could bring his old imaginary friend to life---but it doesn't turn out the way he expected (natch).

COMMENTS:
    Another OK (but not great) episode. Amusing to see Timmy's pre-Godparents past...

The episode felt strongly reminiscient of the plot for TTA's "Pigment of His Imagination" (where Hamton wishes for an imaginary friend).

Apparently, Timmy's been babysat by Vicky since he was 8 (two years with "Icky with a V"---*shudder*).

"Surgeon General" = "Operation", the classic board game.

-B.
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog, covering technology, comics, and animation, plus my weekly
    minorities in cartoons feature!
    Twitter
    Facebook

Yuss is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The second episode was "Imaginary Gary", where Timmy brings his imaginary friend from age 5 back to life, and he ends up being too cool for Timmy (I'm pretty sure this plot's been used a million times, wasn't it on Tiny Toons or something?).

I'm really getting tired of FOP's writing, especially with Cosmo. So much of the humor now is based on using the same extra-long joke four or five times throughout the episode. It was funny in season 1, when it was just something like "Internet?", but the jokes are getting longer and more forced and it's really gotten annoying. They need to not... do that. I think NICK should let go of FOP soon, now that Danny Phantom and Crash Nebula are in the making. I love FOP, but it really is getting stale.

~B+:

Bubblegum Girl is offline Magic User Wannabe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm upset because I thought a new episode would air last night. I didn't know that a new episode would appear today! At least I was able to see that Gary episode.

HomeMoviesFan is offline I have a nemesis!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What the hell? What's wrong with FOP this episode?! It just...was unfunny. Plain unfunny. And the imaginary friend one is soooooo recycled from Tiny Toon Adventures! Even Jorden Von Strangle was unfunny! What gives??...

Lonestarr is offline Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainatra
    Second episode:
    PLOT: After feeling dejected, Timmy wishes he could bring his old imaginary friend to life---but it doesn't turn out the way he expected (natch).

COMMENTS:
    The episode felt strongly reminiscient of the plot for TTA's "Pigment of His Imagination" (where Hamton wishes for an imaginary friend).

-B.
    That's what I thought here; I didn't care very much for that one. In fact, with the whole "everyone likes the imaginary friend better than the character" bit, the two episodes were uncomfortably similar for a while, but then the writers managed to bring the funny.

BTW, did anyone else notice Dennis Miller in Jason Marsden's performance as Gary? (That's probably how he was written.)

The first one was all right. The funniest moments were when Timmy was remembering different stuff that reminded him of other things ("Then it hit me...-montage of Timmy getting hit-...like a bunch of stuff!"). I kinda got tired of Cosmo's constant "riiiiiiiight"'s.
    I feel that a big problem with today's society is that we don't listen to our fellow man -- especially when I'm talking.
    "Never be afraid to borrow from those wiser than yourself." - Mr. Jimmy (voice of David Arquette) on "Pelswick"
    "What do I care what some yahoo like Lonestarr posts on the internet?" - President Skroob (voice of Mel Brooks) on "Spaceballs: the Series"
    Links in a chain: DeviantArt | Fanfiction.net | Mr. Cellophane

PC!
    PC! is offline lolwut?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where's Wanda?- Yeah, the "riiiight" line is this episode's constantly-repeated-until-it's-no-longer-funny joke. Most of the episodes have one or two of them. Darran Norris's voice sounded kinda raspy when he said the line the 2nd time. A mediocre episode.

Imaginary Gary- Another mediocre episode. Favorite part was Timmy's freakishly long line to Trixie. The sheer length of that line made it hilarous.

I give both episodes a 2 out of 5.
    Last edited by PC!; 10-18-2003 at 08:01 PM.

My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien

DianaGohan is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Crime Noir Parody/ Imaginary Friend Returns In The Fairly Oddparents "Where's Wanda"/"Imaginary Gary" Episode Review.

"Where's Wanda?"- The better of the two shorts in my opinion. I've always like Crime Noirs, and there's nothing like a good parody of one to get my attention. (Rugrats also had a Crime Noir parody, but that was just very... well, what's an adjective for "monkeys can write better Crime Noir peices then that?"). Highlights had to be Timmy's Jaws like show and Tell project, interrogating the witness (espically Dad wanting to be one and attempting to be bad), Cosmo being the culprit and Wanda getting sent to Fairy Summer School (run by Mama Cosmo) while Timmy and Cosmo fished at the end. An A- for sure.

"Imaginary Gary"- Hmmm, you know Gary Conrad did direct this episode. And everyone kept saying how cool Gary was, so you think this is a bit of a homage to Conrad? I think it would be nice. This episode wasn't though. Outside of the operation game and Gary's cool actions, nothing that good here. Kinda boring though, and pretty preditcable. I hope that if Gary does come back (as indicated in the ending of this episode), he does so in a better episode. C+

Overall: B

Corrado is offline ...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally saw this today.

Highlights of "Where's Wanda" included Timmy's Dad wanting to be a suspect and the sofa in the garage. Out of 5, I give it 3.

Only Highlight of "Imaginary Gary" was Jason Marsden as Gary.

Out of 5, I give it 3.5.