Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    zarius is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Hey Arnold Movie Discussion [SPOILERS]

Like This Thread!

Who here is syched up for the Hey Arnold! Movie?

Finally!

After Five-Six years, one of Nick's most popular shows finally gets a feature-length outing.

What makes Arnold a great Nicktoon was that it came to our screens at a time where a truckolad of zany, out of control, controversial, off-the wall toons like "Ren and stimpy".."Rocko's Modern Life", "2 stupid dogs", and...er..."Ren and Stimpy" , were running rampant. It was nice to see a show that was a little more closer to Reality and still contain that same kind of Nicktoon humour.

The film will be the culimination of evey H.A fan's dreams and anticipations. This film's gonna have it all..

And the minuet Arnold and Helga finallyl do what I KNOW there gonna do, I swear to god I will scream "yes" at the top of my voice Inside that damn multiplex!

[If you hav'nt seen the trailer, you won't know that Helga CONFESSES her love for Arnold near the trailer's end. I also heard that the two KISS at the end of the film.]

Who else can't wait for this film to be released?

Elven Moon is offline hiya, toonsters
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen the trailor, and they put the kissing scene in (maybe there's more than one, but that's what I saw). Arnold looks downright terrified, because it's kind of a forced kiss. The expression on his face... but I wonder what he says afterwards. I want to know

Yes, although it looks a bit corny, I will see the movie eventually, probably not in the theaters.
    "You look like an ugly sister's... ugly sister's... ugly doll... thing" - Victor Volt, The Secret Show
    ° Cels of Sugar: Megan's Cel Gallery °
    ° Retro Shoujo °

zarius is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

re: Hey Arnold Movie Discussion [SPOILERS]

Hmm..Maybye Helga gives him the kiss just as he's about to embark on a mission he may not return from..

[save a life, maybye? come, on, the film WILL have him saving someone's hide from a dangerous predicament, what kind of Nicktoon would it be without THAT factor?]

Man This is gonna be sooooooooooo cute

GO ARNOLD

Elven Moon is offline hiya, toonsters
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought Helga's crush on Arnold would not be revealed at all during the course of the show (sort of a thing that would take another few years, more than a few years, or not at all), and I was really surprised to learn that she would be confessing in the movie. Really surprised.

But, it's just as well. I'm sort of a Helga-Arnold fan myself, and want to see it
    "You look like an ugly sister's... ugly sister's... ugly doll... thing" - Victor Volt, The Secret Show
    ° Cels of Sugar: Megan's Cel Gallery °
    ° Retro Shoujo °

Rei
    Rei is offline Playing BG&E
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a pretty big Hey Arnold fan. I've been watching since it's beginning and although I like that it's finally getting a movie I'm not crazy about the plot to it. Not so much Arnold saving the neighborhood but from what I've seen in commercials it looks like they trying to make it more action oriented. Arnold and Gerald going in as agents, a bus jumping over a bridge, and other things that I can't remember right now. HA has never really been about action but focused mainly on characters and their problems. I'm just hoping these commercials are just to bring in viewers looking for action when there won't be much.

I just hope we get "The Journal" where Arnold finds out the identity of his parents after because that sounds much more interesting to long time fans.
    "Doesn't that just beat all..."

Sora Takenouchi is offline Star Stealer!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, the plot to this movie sounds like the plot to a normal episode that could be wrapped up in 14 minutes.

And who wants to bet that by the end of the movie Arnold or Helga gets hit on the head and forget the entire "love confession" or something.

J.C. is offline Citizen of Cobra-La
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sora Takenouchi
    Yeah, the plot to this movie sounds like the plot to a normal episode that could be wrapped up in 14 minutes.
    That's what I've been thinking. So I'm looking at it more as a chance to see a really long episode of Hey Arnold! on the big screen. After I see Mr. Deeds, of course.
    "I want to hurt this movie, but I can never hurt it like it's hurt me." - Crow T. Robot

Ren
    Ren is offline Look! A cute little hobbit!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I loved the movie

I personally adored the movie. But then, I'm a Hey Arnold (obsessed) fan, who wore a shirt that said "Hey Arnold!" and brought my Arnold and Gerald keychains and considered taking the Arnold beanie I found in some discount store.
    But my friends, who came with me liked it, too. I suppose it does have more action than the normal HA episode, but it doesn't seem out of place.

And as my spoiler for the day: Arnold actually gives Helga a "way out" of her confession. It's sweet. "You actually hate me, don't you?"

Anyway, I liked the movie.
    My Blog http://www.littlebluehat.blogspot.com
    "You need people of intelligence on this sort of mission... quest... Thing!"

Nickdisk is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the Hey Arnold! movie sounds really cool i cant wait until its released over here in the UK

its a shame that most of the reviews i've seen so far having been putting the movie down

mbaker is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What's wrong with "zany, out of control, off-the wall, controversial" cartoons anyway? You can never have too many of those. (It helps the industry grow.) I'm not saying it's wrong to use A little reality, but don't exclude the other side. I know I'm in the wrong movie, but I just thought I'd weigh in on this.

zarius is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A Way OUT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god, I'm having a heart attack, can't we just close ONE chapter on arnold's life happily?

I LIED on tv.tome.com thinking what I suspected in the film was going to happen! I'm gonna look like an idiot

Ah, what the heck, I'll see it in 2 days anyway, sounds great all the same.

Rumours that the 2nd movie will focus on the quest for Arnold's Parents.

zarius is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wait..wait..calm down Zarius..

I may have exaggerated there a bit.

Mad Scientist is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Hey Arnold Movie Discussion [SPOILERS]

Originally posted by zarius

What makes Arnold a great Nicktoon was that it came to our screens at a time where a truckolad of zany, out of control, controversial, off-the wall toons like "Ren and stimpy".."Rocko's Modern Life", "2 stupid dogs", and...er..."Ren and Stimpy" , were running rampant. It was nice to see a show that was a little more closer to Reality and still contain that same kind of Nicktoon humour.
    2 Stupid Dogs wasn't on Nickelodeon. It's a Cartoon Network show.

Rei
    Rei is offline Playing BG&E
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A really good cartoon too.
    "Doesn't that just beat all..."

Andy Mancini is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That kicked ass. It's a nice capper to the show. I liked the "little things" they put in for fans to pick up on, like Eugene wearing an Abdacator costume and Monkeyman running through the crowd, as well as the movies references ("Shawshank Redemption", "Blazing Saddles", "All the President's Men", etc). I'd like to see it again. As for the fans who can't wait to see what happens with Arnold and Helga, here's a spoiler:

Spoiler:
    It all starts when Arnold finally finds out that the mysterious "deep voice" is actually Helga, who is calling him on a cell phone from the top of the Future Tech Industries building. He asks her why she would help him, considering the proposed plan would (supposedly) make her family really rich After a little bit of prodding by Arnold however, she finally spills her guts and kisses him. Needless to say, Arnold is very thrown off at this point. After a minute or two of Arnold coping with the situation and Helga's come-ons (Arnold says "I need to lie down", to which Helga replies "I'll join you"), the duo repel down the wall of the building and meet up with Gerald. Once the neighborhood is finally saved, both Arnold and Helga convice themselves that it was a "heat of the moment" thing, and that Helga actually hates him. Arnold leaves still trying to convice himself that that didn't happen.

zarius is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

re: Hey Arnold Movie Discussion [Spoilers]

Thanks for the spoiler, I actually managed to get a pirate copy of the movie last night, and saw the outcome just a few hours ago.

Arnold trying to CONVINCE himself he did'nt happen?

Helga still saying she hates him? My Butt!

Do you know what that spoiler spells out in big bold capitol letters?

DENIAL! DENIAL! DENIAL! DENIAL!

Denial=PROGRESS!

Finally, Arnodl and Helga know the truth, but they can't accept it just yet! Fianlly, the fans can go home happy.

Arnold-Finally the football's been kicked in love's right direction!

==========================

I AM A FAN OF YESTERDAYLAND.COM MEMBER TRIPLE H

Curt is offline Brawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As Sid might put it...

This movie was so wicked-awesome!
    "Dames are like mustard; they taste great on a sandwich. But when you're not eating a sandwich, it just sits there... in a jar... on a shelf... in the refridgerator... labled... mustard..." ~Space Ghost

"Hand over your sweets, in the name of the queen!" ~Tino("Super Constable")

Lonestarr is offline Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First of all, I wanted to see this film in its initial release (same as PPG Movie, but more on that in the proper thread), but when the opening numbers turned up...not good, (for both films, funnily enough), it was all but a forgone conclusion that I'd end up seeing them in a second-run theater...which I did this afternoon.

Now, on to the review.

Sure, it felt like an extended version of an episode, but so what? It was still entertaining. For me, such details like animation and voice acting (both good, BTW) were secondary to the plot. Arnold and Gerald's attempts to save the neighborhood were fairly entertaning, but the film really picked up when they got into the spy game. There were the expected bits of humor, particularly in Grandma's escape(s) from prison and the plan to stop the bulldozers with dynamite (long story). The pop-culture references were pretty hit (Speed) or miss (The Incredible Hulk). A minor quibble: Helga's confession to Arnold. For reasons why I am against the whole prospect of those two ending up together, go here. All told, a great film for fans, a moderately good one for everyone else.

**** (out of 5)
    I feel that a big problem with today's society is that we don't listen to our fellow man -- especially when I'm talking.
    "Never be afraid to borrow from those wiser than yourself." - Mr. Jimmy (voice of David Arquette) on "Pelswick"
    "What do I care what some yahoo like Lonestarr posts on the internet?" - President Skroob (voice of Mel Brooks) on "Spaceballs: the Series"
    Links in a chain: DeviantArt | Fanfiction.net | Mr. Cellophane