View Poll Results: Will Steve Hillenberg return?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

1 33.33%
  • No.

2 66.67%
    Jinbo71 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Stephen Hillenburg Returning

Like This Thread!
    So, there have been rumors that SpongeBob creator Stephen Hillenberg will return as a full-time cast member after the second SpongeBob movie.

Do you believe the rumors? Would you like it to be true? Would Spongebob regain his former glory?
    Slowly going away.

CoolEric158 is offline Kidnapping before it was cool
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeeaaaaahhh...no. Hillenburg has moved on to new things, like his own short film. Creators often have little interest in returning back to their old work, and if he did, he hasn't been a significant crew member in years, so the show probably wouldn't be significantly better, since he's out of practice.
    I'm that guy who looked at you funny yesterday! In case you were curious.
    My Twitter
    My Tumblr
    My Youtube Channel
    Also, head over to Cartoon Nation

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolEric158 View Post
    Yeeaaaaahhh...no. Hillenburg has moved on to new things, like his own short film. Creators often have little interest in returning back to their old work, and if he did, he hasn't been a significant crew member in years, so the show probably wouldn't be significantly better, since he's out of practice.
    I thought he hasn't been working on anything else since 2005, aside from being the executive producer of the show, and 2nd movie. Not to mention writing the story of the 2nd movie.

When did he start working on this short film? When will it be released?
    Slowly going away.

CoolEric158 is offline Kidnapping before it was cool
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For the short film, his movie Hollywood Blvd.USA has been in development since 2010 and is painted and written by himself, and is still in development, but might not see the light of day anytime soon. And again, speaking as someone who enjoys the series, I'd much rather him work on the movie and any other projects he has than focus on a show that's long overstayed its welcome. After all, he left Spongebob after Nick execs got greedy and wanted another season after he intended the Spongebob movie to be the finale.
    I'm that guy who looked at you funny yesterday! In case you were curious.
    My Twitter
    My Tumblr
    My Youtube Channel
    Also, head over to Cartoon Nation

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolEric158 View Post
    For the short film, his movie Hollywood Blvd.USA has been in development since 2010 and is painted and written by himself, and is still in development, but might not see the light of day anytime soon. And again, speaking as someone who enjoys the series, I'd much rather him work on the movie and any other projects he has than focus on a show that's long overstayed its welcome. After all, he left Spongebob after Nick execs got greedy and wanted another season after he intended the Spongebob movie to be the finale.
    But why is he writing the story for the second movie? Sure, he could have simply been hired by Nick, but maybe it was by choice.
    Slowly going away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hillenburg never left the show, but according to the current creative director he might be more involved after the movie. (Source.)
    And of course, he has been involved with the new movie.

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hail-the-Whale View Post
    Hillenburg never left the show
    Not really, anyway. As someone mentioned, he's still the executive producer, but has no real direct involvement with the show.
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandouga View Post
    Not really, anyway. As someone mentioned, he's still the executive producer, but has no real direct involvement with the show.
    Sigh... No wonder said show has gone so downhill. To think he had the power to end this madness at some point. And he likely still won't have it, even after this movie biz is over and done with...
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png

A better future for everyone (who loves their animation like family) lies in not invoking this triforce in any way, shape, or form....

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do like SpongeBob, still do, but if Hillenburg is returning full time, than that would be fantastic news!

Wan
    Wan is offline The First Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I stopped watching Spongebob many years ago except for random episodes I bump into from time to time. His return would peak my interest but I don't know if I will ever become a full time viewer again. The show has been on the air for 15 years. I feel like it already ran its course.