Quantcast
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    alfa9delta is offline Hey, Where's Perry ?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbfoolkid5 View Post
    The only time Butch's style of comedy was tolerable was in TUFF Puppy I actually miss the show a little.
    I agree with everything Lord Beckett said. About the quote above, I must say that, TUFF Puppy's sense of humor is VERY close to what we've been seeing in post-Poof episodes of FOP, and those are the ones everyone hates. I'd say the only time Butch's style of comedy was tolerable was during FOP season 1-4, which were truly great.
    Follow: @alfa9_delta
    Visit The Fairly OddParents Wiki

Lord Beckett is offline Skepticals.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfa9delta View Post
    I agree with everything Lord Beckett said. About the quote above, I must say that, TUFF Puppy's sense of humor is VERY close to what we've been seeing in post-Poof episodes of FOP, and those are the ones everyone hates. I'd say the only time Butch's style of comedy was tolerable was during FOP season 1-4, which were truly great.
    Yes... TUFF Puppy in my opinion was a show that was ruined from the onset by its writing. It had a great universe and characters, exceptional animation as well, but it never evolved beyond the experience we got from its pilot episode, and its formulaic plots quickly drove away viewers. It was dead on arrival, all because of one weakness in its production. Oh, what do you know, the same hacks I talked about last post were the main writers of TUFF!

I will retract something I said earlier now that I was able to get a full viewing of The Past and the Furious. Megan Bacon, the new girl, was actually funny, reminded me of an evil Kitty Katswell almost. The ten year old version was funnier for the brief two minutes she showed up than Missy Sue, and actually had more romantic chemistry it seemed with the approximately three lines she shared with Timmy in the past than Lila Sawy- I mean Missy.

I guess it was only a matter of time with all the CRAP new characters they been spamming us with this season they'd manage to make one that was halfway decent and funny. And we'll likely never see her again.

ToonFan83 is online now I'll grow old, but never up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What happened to Poof? He's been absent lately.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan83 View Post
    What happened to Poof? He's been absent lately.
    THAT my friend, is the right question.

While it was nice to see these guys acknowledge that Poof has been all of useless these last episodes, not including him at ALL with no explanation with these recent ones comes off as pure laziness. But again, his disappearance may be the actual joke that Poof has done nothing but float around.

Also, I feel the need to acknowledge the loss of the well known Head Gag. I didn't notice it until now, but in the post Sparky openings instead of Vicky's head turning into some kind of object, it's now ALWAYS Sparky. It's kind of ironic too. Back then, many episodes had to do with Vicky, but nowadays, it's all Sparky.
    "The Pen is your Sword, the Page is the Monster. Stories are the Blood that comes out."

stephane dumas is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darissa Townes View Post
    Also, I feel the need to acknowledge the loss of the well known Head Gag. I didn't notice it until now, but in the post Sparky openings instead of Vicky's head turning into some kind of object, it's now ALWAYS Sparky. It's kind of ironic too. Back then, many episodes had to do with Vicky, but nowadays, it's all Sparky.
    That bring us another question, the absence of Vicky. Could be possible then a) Grey Delisle couldn't voice Vicky (and Tootie) this season due to a schedule problems since she's also voice acting in other projects or b) there was some tension between Grey Delisle and Butch Hartman for some financial reasons (Grey asking for a salary raise) or other factors?

alfa9delta is offline Hey, Where's Perry ?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephane dumas View Post
    That bring us another question, the absence of Vicky. Could be possible then a) Grey Delisle couldn't voice Vicky (and Tootie) this season due to a schedule problems since she's also voice acting in other projects or b) there was some tension between Grey Delisle and Butch Hartman for some financial reasons (Grey asking for a salary raise) or other factors?
    Vicky (like the majority of non-Timmy and fairies characters) has not appeared much, but she's not gone from the show. She has already shown up in the season premiere episode, and there's an episode coming in which the synopsis involve Vicky trying to become an actress.
    Follow: @alfa9_delta
    Visit The Fairly OddParents Wiki

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234