Quantcast
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSponge View Post
    If Ren and Stimpy did come back they should just use the original format from The Ren and Stimpy Show so it's not like the new SpongeBob or Odd Parents.
    New SpongeBob and Odd Parents try to be like the old eps.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    First off "try" is a key word because they aren't really succeeding on that front. Also even if they did, those are still their original shows so it'd make sense they'd try to reach for that similar tone. Not so much Ren and Stimpy since as others have pointed out, it's quite different in tones.

But yeah this isn't going to happen for a variety of reasons. Ren and Stimpy not being relevant for now over a decade, their last attempt being universally loathed and not even suited for children, Nickelodeon having no interest in reviving any of their own old series much less ones that jumped network, and so on and on. Also even if all of that wasn't true and for some reason Butch Hartman's team wanted to do more Ren and Stimpy (something they've never shown an interest or talked about so it seems honestly random to bring them up as the ones who'd do it) Nick still wouldn't air. Really even though FOP is still going on Nick that's mostly because of it sort of establshing itself on a franchise level below Spongebob, but that hasn't stopped Hartman's other works from finding that level of success. Both Tuff Puppy and Danny Phantom were cut down without a terrible load of fanfare which implies to me Nick really interested in more of Hartman's work that isn't the original. So they wouldn't be interested in this so again... feels rather pointless to speculate about it honestly.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Jazz1000 is offline Playing it Cool, bro!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i really don't say about it...
    i would say no becuase if adult party was bad then how would this be better?
    i also like John Kricfalusi drawing that he did for yogi bear, the jack black movie and this show

Dr. Daedalus is offline Souter made us do it!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This will never happen. John K. won't allow any other artist to touch Ren & Stimpy, not after what happened in the '90s when Games made episodes without his involvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaneMan
    em I the only one who enjoyed some of the APC episodes?
    You're not; there are other fans who insist it's just as good as the original series, if not better. That said, most (though not all) of these fans are also the same ones who claim John K. can do no wrong.

I personally don't fall into that line of thinking. None of the APC episodes are nearly as funny as the early Spumco or (some) Games episodes.

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Honestly, I personally think Johnny K. is a nutjob (alto I do like quoting him, just to mess with people)

however, I did like some of the APC episodes
    most notably Ren Needs Help, and Altruists

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    CGI style would be better.

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I don't think so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic Speedy View Post
    This will never happen. John K. won't allow any other artist to touch Ren & Stimpy, not after what happened in the '90s when Games made episodes without his involvement.
    Bob Camp actually tried to revive Ren and Stimpy in 2011 by setting up a Facebook group to show Nickelodeon that there's interest, though according to him Nickelodeon didn't want to do it because they're "fed up with it and a certain other person" so I wouldn't count on a second Ren and Stimpy revival/comeback on Nickelodeon, that is.

Anyway I for some reason don't think that will happen for the aforementioned reason.

Silverstar is offline Comfortably Dumb
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dth1971 View Post
    CGI style would be better.
    No, it really wouldn't.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Frank is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In all honesty, I wouldn't mind Ren and Stimpy returning, though I would want it to be Hartman style. I have to tell you honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of Hartman's work. FOP can be funny sometimes but is often sadistic, Danny Phantom was rather good, but it got cancelled pretty soon. T.U.F.F. puppy is amusing but it suffers from the same problems FOP has. I'm also not a fan of the drawing style. It's too flat the outlines are too thick as well. I don't think Hartman's cartoons have aged very well, although early episodes of FOP and DP were good.

Now getting on subject of Ren and Stimpy, I do think that R&S Adult Party Cartoon was flawed (uneven animation in spots, slow timing, and some of the gags were downright disgusting) it wasn't the worst thing I ever seen. Granted there are other cartoon out there which offend me more. Putting R&S into a Hartman style cartoon while it probably would be faster paced than APC still, I wouldn't want the thick-outlined to be applied to R&S. Many cartoons today sport this and honestly, I'm pretty tired of it. Some of the artwork in the later Games episode are quite simplified to the point of looking not too far away from a Butch Hartman cartoon.

Now if R&S was revived today, I don't think its going to be alot like APC, John Kricfalusi said he is out of that phase and wants to concentrate more on character. I wouldn't want R&S to be in anyone else's hands. If John does revive R&S, I wish him well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123