Quantcast

View Poll Results: Does Nickelodeon Deserve the Hate it gets?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

18 42.86%
  • Yes

24 57.14%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
    Jinbo71 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessuKenny View Post
    God, you act like he insulted your mother when all he did was critique a CHILDREN'S NETWORK! Does that REALLY offend you that much?
    And by "critique" you mean unfairly and hypocritically attack shows all the while sending insults to the people who made them? People who probably have friends and loved ones and some jerk on the internet calls you worthless simply for making a show for a demographic he isn't a part of? Yeah, I was wrong, he is such a saint!

EDIT: Oh, and I almost forgot, he called Nickelodeon "one of the worst companies in existence".

Silverstar is offline Doin' the Banana Split
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I've read far, far worse comments on YouTube and IMDb, that's why I don't read the comments on those sites anymore.

The internet is full of people who snark about things which don't (or shouldn't) really affect them just because they can. That's going to be the case as long as the internet and free speech exist and people have the internet's anonymity to hide behind. But this guy's words aren't causing you to lose money, property or health, and one guy on the internet carping about Nick isn't costing the people who work at Nick their jobs, homes or salaries, so why let him get to you? He's just one guy with an opinion; who cares what he has to say about Nick? If you like what the channel has to offer, then that's all that matters. Who really cares if one adult doesn't like a kids' cable channel? His opinion doesn't carry the weight of sunlight. I'm pretty sure nobody at Nick is losing any sleep over this guy, and you shouldn't either.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

CoolEric158 is online now The future is now
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinbo71 View Post
    And by "critique" you mean unfairly and hypocritically attack shows all the while sending insults to the people who made them? People who probably have friends and loved ones and some jerk on the internet calls you worthless simply for making a show for a demographic he isn't a part of? Yeah, I was wrong, he is such a saint!

EDIT: Oh, and I almost forgot, he called Nickelodeon "one of the worst companies in existence".
    Look, this thread is close to being locked up, so might as well say some final statements. And I'm sure Jinbo that you might not be pay any attention to what I have to say, but I sincerely wish for you to take note with what I have to say, and for any insults I might accidentally create, I apologize in advance. Yes, I do think Nickelodeon is overhated. However, that doesn't mean you have some faults here.

First off: this is about Mr. Enter and your conflicts with him. Now, I have seen few of his videos, and while I don't think he's the best, at least he's able to have decent presentation and tries to make his stuff entertaining. And a lot of people do enjoy his work, and there's nothing wrong with that. Now, him insulting the man behind the curtain is something I strongly disagree with...HOWEVER, I think the people who make Sanjay and Craig are big kids. As an artist, I know that not everyone is going to like your work. An artist is going to get a lot of hate whether it be harsh or not, whether it be threats or harassments. And really, I don't think the people who work on Breadwinners care about what some 20-year old thinks about his show. And as for him hating on the people behind the scenes...aren't you doing the same thing? You're calling Mr. Enter a mean bully jerk and a couple posts back, you fought against a guy on Facebook calling him a "Nostalgia***". Now I've gathered you haven't met either of these people in person, and also have friends and loved ones, so what makes you have the right to shout vile, crude insults to people you've never met before, and others can't do the same? I'm sure both of them are very nice people that just have different opinions.

Second: all the "haters" being obsessive nostalgics. Now that is true, but it doesn't equate to everyone. It is possible to be a fan of modern cartoons, or even fans of Nickelodeon, and not be a fan of certain shows. Not everything the channel touches turns to gold, and all critics have their own tastes, much like how no snowflake is the same. And again, generalizing people is one of the worst things to possibly do. And yes, some people prefer their nostalgia and cling on to it tightly, but that's been the case for generations and generations. It's no big deal.

Third: if people hating something you like really makes your blood boil, then, I hate to say this...get off the Internet. I know this sounds a little silly, but if you can't handle people being harsh and negative, you're in the wrong place.

And so, I close with this. Yes, there are rude haters on the Internet. Yes, they will attack you. And yes, people hating what you like can be tiresome or agitating. I've been prone to having the unpopular opinion all the time. Is it annoying? Yes. Can it be ignored? Yes. On the Internet, you need a thick skin over situations like this. The point I'm saying is, people are rough on art, but you just got to deal with it. Hopefully, you'll take what I say and take it to heart. And that's my little soapbox speech.
    I'm that guy who looked at you funny yesterday! In case you were curious.
    My Twitter
    My Tumblr
    My Youtube Channel
    Ask Me Anything
    Also, head over to Cartoon Nation

Neo Yi is offline Time, the everlasting fool
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Everybody CALM DOWN.

We're getting dangerously off-topic and close to flame baiting other members in this thread. If you guys have any problem, you can use the report button and let the mods handle it. That way, the thread doesn't get derailed by pointless debacles. This is the final in-thread warning. Any further deviation and I WILL start handing out infractions. This thread is about whether you guys think Nickelodeon is hated or not. Now get back on-topic, treat each other with respect, and do not bring this up again.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    Whimsically Tedious, I review Wakfu, season one.

acquah is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry for bumping up an old thread.

But anyways I do believe that this network (though deserving some hate for several stupid decisions) gets too much of it.

The most recent Nicktoons really have some of their redeeming qualities:
    Breadwinners: A rhythm-focusing duck cartoon retrospective to video games and Rocko
    Sanjay and Craig: Adventures of an Indian boy and his snake with a major reliance on clever gross-out humor
    Korra: Animesque animation of benders spun off on one of the most highly acclaimed Nicktoons out there
    TMNT: Action-comedy franchise cartoon that makes the turtles actually look like teenagers
    Spongebob: 15-year old jolly and exuberant sponge enjoyed by many ever since
    Rabbids Invasion: Annoying Rayman characters (that are not so annoying there) following an old school, 7-minute Looney Tunes format

I didn't put Fairly Oddparents in this list because, let's just face it, that show already jumped the shark one too many times.
    Personally from the list, I would watch Sanjay and Craig, Breadwinners and somewhat of Spongebob (although this show had some jumping the shark moments, too). I'll try to watch more of Korra and TMNT if I can.

And guys, just because some dipwad writes about how much s/he hates Nickelodeon with a passion, doesn't mean we have to follow suit in what s/he's trying to say. Though we should still call him/her out on their bullroar in some occasions, we shouldn't just simply insult that person for disagreeing with us. We should at least write thoroughly on how some of their facts (or claims) are dumb because, for the most part, s/he would misinterpret the whole idea on what Nicktoonists are trying to do.

In fact, what Mr. Enter (I'd personally call him John E.) said upon one of my favorite shows Breadwinners (regardless if you like it or not) made me turn away from him even further. Not because he just doesn't like it but of how he talks about it. For the short he acts like Nickelodeon is desperate for a hit, though they picked it up at the right time of people asking for it (and they're still #1 in viewership). He basically said that the jokes weren't funny as they're either a pop culture ref, a gross-out joke (I couldn't find any.) and "painfully obvious", although many back then have begged to differ. And at the time of writing a journal on the short, he said the short barely reached 100K views, even though it already surpassed that mark.
    As for an episode for the actual show, like "Love Loaf", he indirectly (and I guess blindly, too) took the word of some dipwad and claimed it as a rape plot, but the episode basically focused around the boy-following-girl-with-a-love-potion plot and the boy would have done much kinder things beyond raping her (in Sway's mind he would use the Love Loaf to "get married, and have little baby ducklings, and live happily quackily ever after").
    And in the case of Breadwinners' success in its fourth week--and just for that week--he lost his crud that the show he hates so much had actually once took the top spot for Kids 2-11 and (excluding this) 6-11.

Some cases the hatred like what you see above would be out of control, but in other cases Nickelodeon would deserve some hatred. This network's not really perfect, you know. It launched an afternoon block Nick Studio 10 that basically interrupted shows with lame clips. (And its behavior on social media is obnoxious). It scrambled its shows across the schedule, once leaving Korra on the Friday Night Deathslot with 1.1 million viewers. AAAAND... It placed an unwarranted Spongebob marathon on a Saturday, discouraging any other show to be broadcasted!

But despite those mistakes, Nickelodeon shows us that it's not really infallible for perfect broadcasting, and it would be forgiven when it's still able to program our favorite shows. And guys, let's not pretend that Cartoon Network, the Hub Network, or even the Disney Channel wouldn't make mistakes that would grind our gears.

To put it simply, Nickelodeon doesn't really deserve the extreme hate, for it's basically like the other kids' networks (who would also have extreme hate as well). We shouldn't insult those who don't like Nickelodeon's input, but we should call them out on their stupid reasons from time to time. And though it deserves several scorn for several styles of stupidity, its mistakes may not be permanent and we could turn the other cheek when it showcases something many would enjoy. Frankly, it's not that bad.

Oh, and by the way, I was the one who wrote this essay.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Hey, Acquah - always keep on being AWESOME. Because everything you just said there was, even if I don't care to watch that show all that much, either. Peace.

acquah is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    Hey, Acquah - always keep on being AWESOME. Because everything you just said there was, even if I don't care to watch that show all that much, either. Peace.
    Thanks, Shop Soldier.

Jinbo71 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Really, Mr. Enter seems like the guy who takes animation way too seriously. Not everything has to be like Up or Toy Story 3.

There's also how he attacked Nick's "putting kids first" slogan. It's just a cool way to say how it makes entertainment that is targeted at kids, not aims for their well-being.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617