Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    J21697 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Hopefully the April 26 showing of all three shows is MUCH better. What Nick should be doing is promoting these premieres 1 week ahead. They have no major premieres this week, so why waste air time on unnecessary promos?

Can May come any faster? Haha.

rockorockorocko is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J21697 View Post
    Hopefully the April 26 showing of all three shows is MUCH better. What Nick should be doing is promoting these premieres 1 week ahead. They have no major premieres this week, so why waste air time on unnecessary promos?

Can May come any faster? Haha.
    Well, FIRST, you gotta hope Nick can get out of the funk it's in. If not, May could be just as nasty IMO.

What's encouraging is EVERYTHING is down on cable right now and Nick's top competition isn't blowing up the ratings either. Plus, Nick is still in a much better shape overall this year with proven hits across all genres versus last year's mess, so like I said, as long as Nick retains K2-11, K2-5 and overall, I'm not sure they or Viacom will care too much. Especially when their animation lineup - Nick's proven winner - is on a hiatus and preschool posting a dominating Monday as well.

What's interesting is if you look at the PR, even though Nick is down versus other weeks this year, they seem to be UP versus last year. I'm not interested in looking at everything Nick had last year, but perhaps April is just a crap month for TV in general. Shoot, Disney is done with premieres this month and Nick is on a hiatus until the last week where there's RI, TMNT, SaC/THH/TTM (at least right now).

Agreed though, Nick needs to get the advertising out NOW and make them engaging - at least for the live action. Then again, it'll be interesting to see if any of the three even premiere or not.

kanc is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    04/16/14: New Cupcake/iStorytime biz model lets parents earn points viewing ads; another study on kids TV viewing and sleep; Lori MacPherson exits Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment – Cynopsis Media

Here's breakdown from Apr 7-13, 2014
    K2-11 is Disney: #1 Bolt movie aired on Sat, #2 and #4 are Friday night premieres of Jessie and Dog with a Blog, #3 and rest of top 10 are SpongeBob repeats with few on weekend mornings/weekday afternoons. None of the live action made in this demo. Seems most younger kids like watchin SpongeBob.

Top 10 K6-11 is mostly Disneys, as mentioned on disney press release, there were top 11 in K6-11. Mostly Friday and Sunday premieres, Bolt movie, repeat live action after movie topped demos.

Disney press release also mentions that top 6 most watched telecast is top 6, and though no longer released, I can guess that Sam & Cat made that tweens demo.

When summer comes and if there were new episodes of Nick's live action or animated programs, there should hit at least 3 mil in total viewers and should top that demos as well. April is a quiet month and some struggles due to Cable One pulled viacom channels.

Tommy Lawson is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's two days late this week, but Saturday Cable Ratings are up at TVbytheNumbers. Unfortunately, for Power Rangers Super Megaforce, it decreased to 1,465,000 total viewers, and is not good news for a show currently going into a five month hiatus.

Jinbo71 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "Clarence" Is Cartoon Network's Most-Watched Series Premiere to Date in 2014.

Hm... looks like the CN has a head up on Nickelodeon this time. I wonder how they're gonna retaliate.

aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Its a high rated premiere FOR CARTOON NETWORK. Its not enough to actually be a threat to Nickelodeon.

kanc is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rabbids Invasion new episode dropped to 1.713 viewers, last week had 2.0 viewers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think CN still looks a little high in comparison to many Nick's and Disney's shows at the moment. At least as total viewers is concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Regarding Clarence, notice that it doubled-tripled in it's TIME PERIOD, not overall. CN likes to compare its premieres to its competition based on time periods, because CN shows don't factor in overall or in demos when head-to-head with Nick or Disney's top airings of it's shows. I love CN, but KFP and RI typically premiere higher than most CN shows. I think the SBSP episode that aired opposite Clarence only got a 2.0, and it doesn't hurt Clarence was paired with RS, which hit 2.7M - now that's a fantastic number for CN. I'd say equivalent to a Nick show hitting 3.8M-4.0M. Clarence has had fantastic reviews and that was a big night for CN, but even RS has struggled to hit 2.0M at times. For CN, it's about longevity, and the test will be sustaining these numbers. New shows like Stephen Universe and Uncle Grandpa are non-factors compared to AT and RS.

----

"Seems" like SBSP is back on the rebound posting 2.4M-2.7M Tuesday and Wednesday in it's primetime slots. That's encouraging, as everything suffers (reruns/premieres) when SBSP is down. Despite the drop SBSP has had, Nick Jr. continues to post solid numbers. And surprisingly, FOP is doing great in it's three slots, hitting 2.0M a handful of times this week. I don't know if Nick reverted back to SBSP-FOP because of April being a slow month/lack of premieres/regrouping from KCAs/or losing Cable One viewers, but I hope RI/SJC/BW/TTM/THH/TMNT can make it back to the weekday schedule sooner or later...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thursday Cable Ratings: ‘Vikings’ & ’30 for 30: Bad Boys’ Win Night, ‘Pawn Stars’, ‘Sirens’ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

SBSP - 2.1, 2.3, 2.4, 2.6, 2.6, 2.7
    Paw Patrol - 2.0, 1.9
    Bubble Guppies - 1.8, 1.8
    Umizoomi - 1.8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great to see Nick's ratings bump back to just under normal again, which bodes well with RI/SaC/THH/TTM/TMNT all airing next week. Preschool block continues to pull major weight in the morning.

J21697 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nick and More posted an interesting thought:

Looking at Nick's ratings each wk (thx @SonOfTheBronx) the only Nick show able to draw in more vwrs w/o a SpongeBob lead-in is #OddParents. Other shows seems to either (a) need a SpongeBob lead-in to help or (b) just don't measure up. 2014 and #SpongeBob & #FOP still rule Nick.
    EDIT: I have to disagree with the last sentence. Nick really wasn't all that reliant on Spongebob in Q1, IMO. Other shows such as Rabbids, SJC, and even BW proved that they can hold their own ground. Also, BW, and Rabbids managed to BULD ON their Spongebob/FOP lead ins in repeat ratings.

I think the only reason Nick became so heavily reliant on SB/FOP this month is because of the Cable One incident. I see it as a precautionary measure. No way the network would just simply decide to switch back to a SB/FOP schedule when shows like Rabbids, SJC, and BW were pulling in excellent repeat ratings.

BW returns to the schedule next week, so HOPEFULLY that motivates the network to return to the schedule they had in Q1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J21697 View Post
    the only Nick show able to draw in more vwrs w/o a SpongeBob lead-in is #OddParents
    Read this through a bunch of times and I still don't understand what it means ... maybe I'm just having a dumb moment.
    More viewers than what? Is he saying that, apart from SBSP, FOP is the only show that gains viewers when played after a non-SBSP show?

J21697 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hail-the-Whale View Post
    Read this through a bunch of times and I still don't understand what it means ... maybe I'm just having a dumb moment.
    More viewers than what? Is he saying that, apart from SBSP, FOP is the only show that gains viewers when played after a non-SBSP show?
    Kinda confused too. Looking at the current SOTB, the top show that didn't have a SB lead-in was SaC with 2.1M, the week before was Breadwinners, and when he says each week, I don't know if he means all this month, or...

EDIT: LOL...Butch Hartman retweeted the tweets. He must be ecstatic.
    Last edited by J21697; 04-19-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I don't agree with Bryan's statement. The only premieres that have SBSP lead ins are SJC on Saturdays and TMNT on Sundays.

I know he says he looks at the ratings week after week (and I'm sure he does), but all Nick shows have posted strong premiere AND repeat numbers at some point this year, with or without a SBSP lead in. I still remember the week BW and SJC beat SBSP in K2-11. This past week was just a particularly ugly ratings week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think FOP was after Spongebob that one time for a Halloween episode and then last time around spring/summertime I don't remember. It did beat Spongebob in total viewers on several occasions. TMNT did so with both total viewers and kids in premiere week and with the movie. Breadwinners was just #1 in kids in that one week. Rabbids was #1 in kids another week. I believe Sanjay and Craig outdid Spongebob in kids too, the same week Breadwinners did. So far I've only seen FOP and TMNT outdo Spongebob in total viewers otherwise a lot of shows beat Spongebob in reruns with kids.

J21697 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He tried to clarify his statement:

You're missing the point. I'm talking show-by-show, day-by-day. FOP can grow on itself, whereas other shows tend to fall
    I think he's wrong. Breadwinners and Sanjay & Craig have managed to dethrone Spongebob's reign in K2-11. Not to mention Breadwinners' & Rabbids repeats have managed to BUILD ON their Spongebob/FOP lead-ins. I'm assuming he's talking about this whole year since he put "Spongebob and FOP still rule 2014."

...and when there was a drop off premieres, they weren't that bad. Sanjay & Craig has managed to retain A VERY good amount of Spongebob's K2-11 audience. Breadwinners doesn't do a great job at retaining SJC's total viewer audience, but it still pulls in a good K2-11 audience, and its repeat ratings are fine, so no worries.

kanc is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thefutoncritic didn't list thursday cable ratings since IM/SDR didnt top 100 cable ratings in tvbythenumbers, due to overpromting same promos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He might be going about by total viewers not the kids demos. All Nick shows have dropped from their premiere in total viewers. I'm not denying that. TMNT has at least returned to high ratings. I doubt BW or SjC can outdo a Spongebob premiere lead-in even with kids, but at least they've gained from the average Spongebob rerun. I believe FOP beats both in total viewers. The series regularly gets 3 million on SatAM premieres. Weekday premieres were lower though.

kanc is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ratings - Thursday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: "Scandal" Goes Out on Top for ABC | TheFutonCritic.com
    Thursday cable ratings thefutoncritic: (from last Thursday) NOTE: * = Network's primetime average, not exact numbers
    8PM IM - 1.463
    8:30PM SDR - 1.140*

Friday cable ratings
    Friday Cable Ratings: ‘Friday Night SmackDown’ Leads Night + ‘Sons of Guns’, ‘ESPN Original Documentary’ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers
    9AM Paw Patrol 2.317 --- is this the highest viewers in morning for preschool block?, when was this the last time preschoolers had above at least 2.5 viewers only morning/afternoon, NOT counting the specials airing in evening slots
    7PM Monster High: 2.086

Sunday cable ratings:
    Sunday Cable Ratings: ‘Game of Thrones’ Wins Night, + NBA Playoffs, ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’, ‘Naked and Afraid’ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers
    Monsters Inc 8PM 2.41 viewers aired on Disney channel
    3 morning SpongeBobs scoring 2.3-2.6 viewers

Cable Top 25: ‘Game of Thrones’ Tops Cable Viewership for the Week Ending April 20, 2014 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers
    2 Toy Story 3/1 Toy Story Short Toons scored 2.9 viewers and ranked #16, #18, #21; Monday's Regular Show scored 2.724 viewers ranked #25; none of any Nickelodeon programming; NOT EVEN SPONGEBOB topped chart.

Due to Nickelodeon declining, it may have something to do with Easter holiday.
    Despite Nickelodeon's total viewers dropped, preschool continues to do well as already mentioned in previous posts.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29
    Nickelodeon's total viewers continue to beat Disney in the week of Apr 14th

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast