Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    PapaGreg is offline Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    So he'll be on a smartphone, what's the big deal?
    Thank you, seriously some people think all kids do is play on tablets and don't go outside despite the fact I do see kids go outside and play sports and not everybody in the world is gonna own a tablet

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    So he'll be on a smartphone, what's the big deal?
    Simple... People will call it out for not being cartoon-y enough, or being too realistic, or some other noise anime has been known for doing, like... forever, trust me. Personally, IMHO - such pickiness ain't completely justifiable (unless the show really is bad or worth forgetting) anymore...
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

Getouttamylab! is offline The ride of a lifetime
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    Simple... People will call it out for not being cartoon-y enough, or being too realistic, or some other noise anime has been known for doing, like... forever, trust me. Personally, IMHO - such pickiness ain't completely justifiable (unless the show really is bad or worth forgetting) anymore...
    And the unpleasable Nostalgia Brat fanbase will nitpick the new parts to the bone and ultimately say: "The old seasons were better!" "What have you done!?" "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!". Because that's EXACTLY what they said about PPG: Dance Pantsed.
    And then my post was finished.

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    fans just don't know what the hell they want

Jave is offline So Smashing... In Space! Magma Champion Robots and Aliens: Reactor Twist 3D Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I find it ridiculous that people complain about kids using smartphones in Hey Arnold when Arnold's own bedroom was incredibly high-tech. It was definitely something your average family couldn't afford.
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

GolfDude is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    he could simply mean bringing the "finale movie" back into light.. where arnold finally learns his last name, and tries to find his parents... it doesnt have to be rebooting a full season of the show, just making the series finale movie..

PapaGreg is offline Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    I find it ridiculous that people complain about kids using smartphones in Hey Arnold when Arnold's own bedroom was incredibly high-tech. It was definitely something your average family couldn't afford.
    After two decades of technoligacal innovation I still want that room, still if they made this show in the present I would't be surprised if he had a bloody iron man suit

Jazz1000 is offline The One and Only...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I honestly don't think this need be remade into a new season
    I'm worried is how are they gonna work on the show right from where it end? i can;t really see this returning, ill have my wait and see for hey arnold, if they have this right ill watch this reboot of it and sometime old shows get rebooted isnt a good idea unless they get everyone that work on hay arnold before back then maybe it be find reboot IMO
    Last edited by Jazz1000; 02-12-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Silverstar is online now Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfDude View Post
    he could simply mean bringing the "finale movie" back into light.. where arnold finally learns his last name, and tries to find his parents... it doesnt have to be rebooting a full season of the show, just making the series finale movie..
    I'm pretty sure Arnold was already aware of his own surname; after all he wasn't an amnesiac. It was just never revealed to the audience.

Spoiler:
    BTW, it's Shortman. Bartlett confirmed this in an interview.

But yeah, beyond tying up those loose ends, a new series really isn't necessary. Just do it as a one-and-done TV movie, DTV or comic book.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Getouttamylab! View Post
    And the unpleasable Nostalgia Brat fanbase will nitpick the new parts to the bone and ultimately say: "The old seasons were better!" "What have you done!?" "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!".
    None of that would matter as long as it gets high ratings.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3