Like This Thread!
    That's nostalgia for you
    choking all the hope for the future

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar Neo View Post
    Most of the casts and crews of both Rugrats and Hey, Arnold! have moved on to other things, so the shows wouldn't be as good as they once were even if they were to be revived. Quite frankly, I wish that fans would stop trying to bring back the past and learn to appreciate the present and look forward to the future instead of trying to revive canceled/ended TV shows through online petitions, Facebook, Kickstarter or whatever. Sometimes, I just think that it's best to just let shows end. I say leave it alone and enjoy what we had.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Shows that are brought back after they originally ended are rarely ever as good as they once were. Then everyone online will be saying things like "the older seasons/original series was better" or "this show should've ended a long time ago".
    IMO, the only thing I want from Hey Arnold now is the movie where he meets his parents again.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

Nel_Annette is offline Go green!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, as I said in another thread a few weeks back, I've been rewatching the series for the first time in over a decade, and while I am enjoying it, I don't think the show needs an all-out revival. Though closure would be nice, considering they ended on a cliffhanger for that jungle movie.

Kind of would have liked to see the Helga series he was planning as well.

John Pannozzi is offline 30 Years of Turtle Power
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    IMO, the only thing I want from Hey Arnold now is the movie where he meets his parents again.
    Agreed. I also really want to see the Samurai jack movie in which he finally defeats Aku (even if Mako isn't alive to do new dialogue for Aku anymore). Other than that, no other animation revivals really seem necessary unless they were one-off specials or comic books (like new Gargoyles comics under Greg Weisman's supervision).

CoolEric158 is offline Remember who you are...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    Please don't do it, Craig - You'll never win. Hey Arnold ended when it did and I'd rather that this new show of yours, I don't know - try to be as good, if not better than your "magnum opus", if you will... Though knowing its negative reception BEFORE this show even aired one episode... Internet *shakes fist at Internet*!
    What negative reception? I don't know where you are, but on Toonzone, most of the people were excited for it. (Though keep in mind that I believe the show is only in its pilot phase.)

Anyway, if Hey Arnold comes back, I'd probably be against that. If it did, there would have to be new actors (they all are too old for their roles, and those who aren't might not be interested in returning.), new artists, new writers, etc. It can be downright impossible to get the entire crew together when they are busy with other things. There's also the fact that Bartlett hasn't done the show in years. Sometimes, because it has been dormant, creators tend to not understand why their show was so strong. After all, look at how Family Guy's revival is considered inferior to the original, despite the same creator. Now, a revival can be done well; I heard Arrested Development's new season is very impressive, but in many cases fans will always consider the old ones to be better, and wonder why it was revived in the first place. So minus the Jungle Movie just to give closure, I think the series should be over and stay over.
    Thinking of something to write down.

ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just do it as a comic book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolEric158 View Post
    What negative reception? I don't know where you are, but on Toonzone, most of the people were excited for it. (Though keep in mind that I believe the show is only in its pilot phase.)

Anyway, if Hey Arnold comes back, I'd probably be against that. If it did, there would have to be new actors (they all are too old for their roles, and those who aren't might not be interested in returning.), new artists, new writers, etc. It can be downright impossible to get the entire crew together when they are busy with other things. There's also the fact that Bartlett hasn't done the show in years. Sometimes, because it has been dormant, creators tend to not understand why their show was so strong. After all, look at how Family Guy's revival is considered inferior to the original, despite the same creator. Now, a revival can be done well; I heard Arrested Development's new season is very impressive, but in many cases fans will always consider the old ones to be better, and wonder why it was revived in the first place. So minus the Jungle Movie just to give closure, I think the series should be over and stay over.
    Actually the case with Family Guy is that most of it's old writers left after it's two cancellations, so Seth had to hire mostly new ones with a few old writers here and there. He was never the showrunner (the creative force behind the original Family Guy was David Zuckerman and he left after it was revived) and I believe the showrunner does have some control over what a show is like.

I never really said I wanted the football head back permanently, but I think it would be nice if they made The Jungle Movie to complete the saga. I have seen Craig at times (I am friends with the man himself on Facebook) state that he wouldn't mind doing 2 more seasons of Hey Arnold and that's what the Facebook group partially intends to do. It would for me depend on the quality if the show actually ever does come back. Futurama and Beavis and Butt-Head were two revivals that I can think of that were consistent in quality (Especially surprising, considering the length of times those shows were off the air for prior to their comebacks).

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDC View Post
    Just do it as a comic book.
    They SHOULD do that instead.
    Comics are a much cheaper to make than an animated cartoon. I think if any cartoon has a story it wants to tell after it's been canceled, making comics are the way to go.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

John Pannozzi is offline 30 Years of Turtle Power
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Comics are a much cheaper to make than an animated cartoon. I think if any cartoon has a story it wants to tell after it's been canceled, making comics are the way to go.
    I agree 100%. That's what Gargoyles did (and God willing will do again).

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Seconded - that way, it's likely done by people who have seen the show and hopefully know how to do it justice!
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast