Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should Nick be divided into blocks?

Like This Thread!

I came up with the idea a few weeks ago suggesting Nickelodeon should be divided into four blocks: Preschool, Kids, Family and Adult. Sort of like Teletoon (which is a Canadian animation network, for those who don't know) did back in its heyday.

The preschool block (which already exist on the channel) should contain shows like Dora the Explorer, Bubble Guppies, PAW Patrol, etc. running from 9 a.m to 2 p.m.

The kids block should have SpongeBob SquarePants, Rabbids Invasion, Sanjay & Craig, etc., running from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.

The family/tween/teen block should contain shows like Sam & Cat, The Haunted Hathaways, The Thundemans and even NaN shows like Full House and See Dad Run seem family-ish enough to fit in well. Heck, I would also consider SBSP to air at that block since it's popular with kids, teens and adults. I think it would be better if this block runs from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.

Finally, the adult block should have shows like Friends, Old Christie and George Lopez. Nick at Nite will still exist, but will rebrand into a less-raunchy adult block. Animated shows like Ren & Stimpy, Futurama and Duckman would fit. This block should run from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m.

On Fridays, the kids block will last up to 9 p.m. with the family block shortened to start at 9 p.m.

On weekends, the kids block will air from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., with the family and adult blocks airing in their same time as the weekdays.

Does anybody agree with this idea? I think this would help Nick's marketing.

Go visit my new blog, Cartoon Central for reviews, games, fun and more!

CoolEric158 is offline Sibling Rivalry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Isn't it already? Last time I checked there was Nick Jr. in the morning, older kids shows after, and then Nick at Nite; the only different thing here is that Nick expands to 11 p.m. with live-action repeats, which is somewhat problematic; it's rather late for a kids channel. At most I'd go with 10 p.m.
    Thinking of something to write down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolEric158 View Post
    Isn't it already? Last time I checked there was Nick Jr. in the morning, older kids shows after, and then Nick at Nite.
    I already know about Nick's daytime schedule and I know they're still doing that strategy, but I was trying to get to the point of its nighttime lineup, which is the main point of this thread.

the only different thing here is that Nick expands to 11 p.m. with live-action repeats, which is somewhat problematic; it's rather late for a kids channel. At most I'd go with 10 p.m.
    I was actually trying to say that Nick could create a family block in the bridge of Nick and NaN ang give it a name (NickFamily or something similar). At 7 and 8 p.m. could have Nickelodeon's live action and SBSP and at 9 and 10 p.m. could have less edgy NaN shows like FH, SDR an IM. At 11 p.m., NaN would officially start with broadcasting more adult-ish shows like Friends and Old Christie. I was also trying to suggest NaN picking up a few adult sitcoms (Futurama, Duckman, That 70s' Show, etc.). Sorta like Adult Swim, but lighter.
    Last edited by Cartoon Ruler; 12-26-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Go visit my new blog, Cartoon Central for reviews, games, fun and more!

Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't watched Nick in a coot's age, but isn't kind of all ready like that? The only difference I see is that there was not really a "family" block (unless you count the earlier hours of N@N).
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors