Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    rockorockorocko is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    1. Nick probably nixed the iCarly and Victorious episodes because SaC already has major ratings momentum and they don't need to air "old shows" to get viewership. No point in airing either show if SaC and the reunion buzz is as strong as they are.

2. I bet Nick realized that their movies are getting lost at that 9 p.m. Sunday nights. They aired The Spiderwick Chronicles, which is much closer to their Nick demo. Maybe we'll see Nick nab more Paramount movies and air them during weeknight scheduling. Makes sense to me. Versus airing movies that could potentially score good ratings during the Sunday night deathslots.

3. I'd say ATV has a 10 percent chance of getting renewed. I think Nick is trying to see how ATV repeats do after TTM repeats. If they do well, they might renewed and add to the Saturday night lineup. But generally, I'm sure its over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And it's OFFICIAL - KFP has a premiere on Sunday, Jan. 26, at 11:30 a.m. after TMNT. MvA is back at 12 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 25, and will be done by Feb. 8.

Nick will have (FOP/SBSP)/SJC/BW/RI Saturdays and (SBSP)/TMNT/KFP Sundays. With shorter premiere lineups, the viewership is more likely to stick with the whole block.

It's a little risky moving TMNT/KFP to Sundays, which have unpredictable ratings for Nick. But with NFL Football done Feb. 2, and with proper advertising/promotions, there's no reason the TMNT/KFP can't succeed. This is as good of a pairing that Nick could put out. Action/comedy/CGI/animation and two very popular franchises. I hope the two shows do well together. Great move by Nick.

Tommy Lawson is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    From TV Guide, Power Rangers Super Megaforce is premiering on the expected date of Saturday, February 15, but at the unexpected time of 12pm, up one hour, and into the space where 2011 Samurai mostly aired. I get the feeling Saban Brands is paying a premium to Nickelodeon to have it moved up one hour, possibly a result of the 2016 extension agreement.

However, I also noticed the TMNT premieres are moving to Sundays in this thread. I can think of a very big reason why Nickelodeon would move the show there, and not place it close to PR premieres on Saturdays: merchandising. Nickelodeon can make more off TMNT merchandise than they could ever hope to with PR, and they probably also are reluctant to air a show featuring another company's products, like Bandai for PR toys versus Playmates for TMNT toys. That's why I feel Nickelodeon management will try to keep TMNT and PR premieres as separated as possible. Also, TMNT will occupy a half-hour that once had Marvel Universe on Disney XD airing against it, but since that has moved, there's more incentive for Nickelodeon to try mid-morning Sunday premieres now.

kanc is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One thing I noticed I forgot. Was Fairly OddParents at 7AM aired this morning? Was The Thundermans airing 7AM yesterday? And next week is FOP at 7AM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's surprising. Basically begins the week after MvA is done. The 12 p.m. is gonna help ratings a lot as it premieres alongside the morning Nicktoons instead of on its own at 1 p.m. But thats if Nick decides to advertise it in block, or advertise it at all. You would think there would be a lot of hype surrounding the Power Rangers war. Might be worth investing more in this season.

Your theory on TMNT and PR airing apart makes sense. Either way, TMNT/KFP should do well paired together.

TheUnderMiner is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The new promo for TMNT this morning made the move to Sunday seem like a long term thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My only fear in the TMNT move is it only having its premiere and no other reruns on the network. All of January, it's basically had 11 a.m. reruns weekends. For the sake of the franchise, I hope Nick gives it Friday nights AT LEAST. But it SHOULD bet getting the same treatment as SJC and RI. No reason for TMNT to get the short end of the stick if it loses its Saturday slot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    https://www.jccsf.org/arts-ideas/per...nd-craig-live/
    Just something I found. Nothing official yet, but this event is happening on Saturday, Feb.8 @ 11am, and it apparently includes a new SJC episode. Considering the way Nick has conserved episodes recently, I doubt they'd allow a new episode to be aired before it is released on TV. So I expect SJC to return then. I think it'll premiere on the 8th and 22nd.

As for TMNT, the lack of repeats continues to boggle my mind. It repeats well, and is regularly over 2M a week no matter how hard Nick is countered or how low its lead-in is, it almost always delivers. It has over 30 episodes, which is more than it needs to keep viewers interested. TTTF was doing really well, if they aren't going to give it a consistent slot, that would've been at least nice to keep, as opposed to just having live-action take over the 8pm hour. I mean I know live-action needs consistent airings too, but are viewers really going to die without an hour of TTM/THH, neither of which do as well as TMNT. Hope fully find something for thes show in Feburary, because if they want the Sunday move to succeed, they need to throw TMNT a bone.

J21697 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I don't know what's been going on with the whole lack of repeats thing for TMNT. I think Nick should rotate Rabbids/TMNT in that 4:30pm slot. Also, it would be a smart idea if Nick scheduled TTF on January 31. EWW will be finished by then, plus it would be the perfect time to schedule the block since the show returns two days after that date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As of right now TTM is scheduled for the Friday night before TMNTs Sunday premiere. Granted, it'll likely keep its Saturday slot until BW but it would be foolish to not at least give TMNT its Friday block before it's premiere. But seriously, it should get a weekday slot. Even if it's 2 p.m. Just get it on already.

In any case, that trailer for the next set of previews is amazing, so hopefully Nick will shift gears to TMNT now that it "should" be the next big premiere for Nick.