Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Kind of light on plot in this one but a cool intro for Slash...well sorta since he's been Spike since episode 1. Still he has a cool look and made an impression quick. Corey Feldman did alright for himself, there weren't too many times where I could hear Donatello in his voice. Donny and Mikey really took a pounding in this one, the boards looked pretty brutal but the finished product really hit out of the park. I see Slash learned his moves not unlike SPlinter in the comics, movies, and 2k3 show. I suppose if Splinter can't use it here they might as well use it for someone else.

Leo had a somewhat "off" night. He couldn't really get anything right but his tea time with that girl was funny and cute. I wonder how she'll explain that to her dad? I suppose he might actually buy giant turtles considering the damage

langden alger is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporleaf View Post
    Boy did I call this ep. Except, why the name Slash and not Tokka?
    They're basing him off the cool action figure/ 80's TMNT toon character Slash-also know as the 'evil turtle from Dimension X'....which I believe was based on early concept sketches for the fourth live action movie that never happened....I'm guessing that Xever/Fishface will end up becoming the Tokka of this series.....and maybe even eventualy Bebop lol....
    'the past becomes settled in the present. the only place it truly exists.'

"There are two kinds of men in this world. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

"in a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane."

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well if Bebop and Rocksteady are not Bradford and Xavier, I have other ideas of who they can be.

1) A couple of dumb thugs from the Dragons, remember them, we haven't seen them in a while

2) A couple of dumb bullies from the high school, maybe have a run in with Casey in their debut episode, dumb bullies like those two dumb bullies from Power Rangers.
    Last edited by zoombie; 12-01-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Goldstar Neo is offline I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Well if Bebop and Rocksteady are not Bradford and Xavier, I have other ideas of who they can be.

1) A couple of dumb thugs from the Dragons, remember them, we haven't seen them in a while

2) A couple of dumb bullies from the high school, maybe have a run in with Casey in their debut episode, dumb bullies those two dumb bullies from Power Rangers.
    Bulk and Skull.

This was a pretty good episode, if a little light on plot. Slash being voiced by Corey Feldman was a nice in-joke to the franchise, since Corey Feldman voiced Donatello in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies 1 and 3. Having Spike mutate into Slash was unexpected, and I didn't expect him to be restored at the end of the episode, but it's kind of sad how Raphael's gentle, loyal pet is lost forever and now he and his brothers now have to fight him.

The bit with Leo and the little made for a cute comic relief moment. My only nitpick is that the girl seemed to live with just her dad. Does anyone have a mother on this show?
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

CoolEric158 is offline Remember who you are...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar Neo View Post
    The bit with Leo and the little made for a cute comic relief moment. My only nitpick is that the girl seemed to live with just her dad. Does anyone have a mother on this show?
    Silly Goldstar; mothers don't exist in cartoons anymore.

Anyway, that was a great episode. I loved Slash's voice in this, and how intense they made the idea of him breaking the brothers down truly is.
    Thinking of something to write down.

Chaotix12345 is offline Told ya...the name's "Slash."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Absolutely FANTASTIC episode. Did not disappoint one bit. Slash was freaking PSYCHOTIC and I loved every minute of it.

I loved just how big of a threat he was. Not only could the Turtles only barely come close to tiring him out, but he destroyed each of them in a matter of seconds. Plus, the whole thing of him being Spike made Raph hesitate and try to reason with him in a situation where he just wasn't getting anywhere. Slash truly had complete control of the fight until Raph lured him with his rage. THIS is the animated Slash that I've always dreamed of after seeing his awesome old action figure and being disappointed by his weak appearance in the original toon, so I very much look forward to seeing more of our spiky friend in the future.

To sum it up, it gave Raph some good development while introducing an awesome new version of a classic character with plenty of action and drama thrown in. This is why I love this series.

Quote Originally Posted by langden alger View Post
    They're basing him off the cool action figure/ 80's TMNT toon character Slash-also know as the 'evil turtle from Dimension X'....which I believe was based on early concept sketches for the fourth live action movie that never happened....
    Nope. Slash's character was conceived before even the second movie hit theaters. 1990 saw the release of both his toy and original cartoon debut. He also appeared a year later in the Adventures comic to great effect.
    Official Reporter for Herotaku, home of the latest tokusatsu news!

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar Neo View Post
    Korra from Legend Of Korra might one of the rare character with a mother. Between this and Littlest Pet Shop, mother are an endangered species.

CyberCubed is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tokka probably won't be in this show, he's just too similar to Slash. The only difference was Tokka is a snapping turtle and had spikes coming out of the back of his shell.

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha, in animation mothers are either doting or off in the background because honestly, dads make for better comedy and drama and it isn't viewed as bad when the kid defies them. Like the mom would be heartbroken if the brat talked to her like they do Pops.

Goldstar Neo is offline I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trance2009 View Post
    Haha, in animation mothers are either doting or off in the background because honestly, dads make for better comedy and drama and it isn't viewed as bad when the kid defies them. Like the mom would be heartbroken if the brat talked to her like they do Pops.
    Respectfully, I have to disagree. There are no uninteresting characters, only characters that the writers and directors choose not to make interesting. Anyone who thinks that moms don't make good action heroes should re-watch The Incredibles or The Secret Saturdays, and anyone who thinks that moms don't make for good comedy should watch Nicole on The Amazing World of Gumball.

Sorry to go off topic, but I felt that needed to be said.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast