Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    StellaMagic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Me too, it's sad and a little scary that an adorable little turtle who's the beloved pet of a mutant ninja turtle, turns into a powerful evil pyschopath.
    What do you expect being raised by Raph? Besides you saw how psycho the mutagen made Rahzer. I think Spike thought he was helping his master because of how he gets treated.

Vaporleaf is offline POed panda fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, Slash was pretty much an embodiment of Raph's bitterness and violent temper, sort of a warning of what he could've been. At least that's one way I see it.

And sure, just leave a canister of mutagen in your room with your pet turtle... What could happen? *facepalm*
    Come along with me
    To a cliff under a tre
    FREDERATOR

StellaMagic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporleaf View Post
    Yeah, Slash was pretty much an embodiment of Raph's bitterness and violent temper, sort of a warning of what he could've been. At least that's one way I see it.

And sure, just leave a canister of mutagen in your room with your pet turtle... What could happen? *facepalm*
    You got that right about Raph. Every time he makes a careless mistake, it ends up with disaster. Also, Spike is actually a tortoise. I can tell be his feet. A Russian Tortoise to be exact.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kind of feel bad that Raph lost his pet. But I did like how they set up Spike to eventually become this show's version of Slash.

And thus we have our Goonies reunion with Sean Astin and Corey Feldman, himself a Turtles franchise alum. I'm happy to see it looks like Slash will be a recurring heavy for the Turtles this season. I can see him becoming this season's Leatherhead basically.

The fights were really good. I liked Slash's design because he resembled a kaiju. I also liked the way he took the other turtles' headband masks and wore them like trophies. Like he was collecting their "scalps."
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

David Lucas is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    You know with the mutagon storyline, if they wanted to, they could make the little girl the Nina Tucker of the show. Yeah I know a Nickelodeon show, besides who wants to see that, that is terrible.
    You, sir, are evil.

Second of all, I really only stopped by to see whether or not there was a talkback for a new episode so that I could then, in turn, "find it to watch". However, since I'm here I might as well mention that this episode was pretty friggin' gangster.

On top of the BRUTAL beatings some of the turtles took, the last fight scene where Slash does the Godzilla yell and his eyes turn white as he charges Raph was pretty damn terrifying. Feldman's squeakyish Slash voice was not what I expected coming out of such a behemoth, but they made it work.

I hate that I'm such an adult that I always have to nitpick everything though, when Slash first got his mace and started spinning it around, all I could think was "Physics doesn't work that way."

But by far my favorite part of the episode was one I didn't even catch the first two times around somehow. Donatello just got the ever living crap kicked out of him and he still finds time to insult Raph.

"He was like Raph, but bigger....and angrier....and stronger...and meaner....not quite as ugly, though."

Rob Paulsen NAILED that delivery.

"In an universe where nothing that we do matters, the only thing that matters is what we do."

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought that this was a really good episode. While I was surprised that they would mutate Spike, Raph leaving the case of mutagen in his room was pretty stupid. I like Slash's design and the fights were pretty brutal. They all got bruises and Mikey and Donnie lost their masks. It seemed kind of odd that Slash would think that Raph would be okay with killing off his brothers. He basically has Raph's anger to a more extreme level and he wasn't thinking clearly obviously, but it still felt a bit strange. Leo having the off night and especially the tea scene with the little girl was pretty funny. I wonder how her father will handle seeing the damages to her room.

I did feel bad for Raph losing his pet. He did clearly care about him and even at the end, he was calling him Spike and trying to save him. At least the ending with the brothers spending some time together was nice. Overall, it was a good episode and I'm looking forward to the next new episode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is one of those eps where the more I understand what's going on behind the scenes and what it may be leading to the more I watch it. Which has the counter effects of me seeing things that make this way darker than they probably were intended to be.

As peope have pointed out every time Raph was mad we saw him go talk to Spike, he vented his anger, rage and fustration to him. He was raised on Raph's dark side, and after his mutation he basically became it. He's a living embodiment of what Raph would be without his family there to pull him back.

Then you have Splinter, and 'oh it's funny, Raph's throwing a tantrum and Splinter nerve stuck him to stop him' laugh. And I did, it was funny, the first dozen times then I realized, that wasn't training, that was Raph throwing a teenage tantrum (a semi-justified one given Spikes near injury if not death) and his dad paralized him for it because he didn't want to deal with it. That's text book parental abuse. That is dark.

Of course the little girl that's going to be dead soon because she thought dringing the inside of a 'lava lap' was a good idea.

I love this ep, but it is an onion of nightmare fuel. Once you start peeling back the layers it just gets more and more twisted, and the ebst thing you can do is not think about it.

Granted the awesome is still there, from what I understand Corey Feldman was considered for the role of Raph because once they decided to have Rob be Don, they loved the behind the scene logic of switching Raph and Don's voice actors from other versions. But he lost to his Goonies co-start. So they got him back for Slash, teaming him with his old friend, and in a way he is Raph, his living darkside anyway. And if the theories are right about him taking over Tokka's role with Razar are right, well we have Corey Feldman taking over a role of a characetr introduced in the second live action film, the only one he wasn't in. I don't know what that means but it's cool.

This ep is equal parts, great story, raging darkness, and franchise history leason. I love it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2