Follow Us:
    trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nick Talback - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Mutagen Man Unleashed"

Like This Thread!

A new episode aired on 11/9 @ 11/10c

Plot: While agonizing over April's new relationship with a student she's tutoring called Casey Jones, Donatello has to also contend with his now mutated former hero worshiper The Pulverizer's recent escape from the lab.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well that was awesome. Casey has almost no front teeth, can't afford good dental work? Ironicly giving who is in the voice cast, I get a Kevin Levin vibe from him, He looks like younger Kevin, but the personality of older Kevin.

How much longer is Donnie crush on April going to last, I am sicked of it, either go some where with it, or let him move on.

I thought Splinter advice at the end was good, I thought Splinter in reguards to the estrange relationship with his daughter as much as he was talking to Donnie, maybe Splinter tell him about his daughter, that might cheer him up, he might realise things could be worse.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After this episode I don't feel too bad about The Pulverizer / Mutagen Man anymore. His entire fate was caused by his actions.
    Nice to see Casey Jones. Can't wait for him to meet the turtles.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still feel kinda bad for the kid since he was so naive and dumb that he couldn't comprehend the severity of the mutagen no matter how much he was told. I feel bad for him in the same way I would for a dodo. I'm actually surprised he made it this far in life. You'd think nature would have taken it's course with him

Donny still feeling bad and responsible for him though is a nice arc for him and hopefully will continue and have a resolution where he can cure him and April's dad. I find it kind of surprising that April didn't even talk to the boys or make eye contact. I was half expecting them to get that angsty bit out of the way but this feels more genuine where she's hurt so much she doesn't want to have anything to do with them. Casey had a decent debut, not too annoying but just abrasive enough. I remember not being sold on his voice in the preview during the summer but I didn't mind him in the actual episode.

The last fight with Mutagen Man was cool. I like it when they remember that the boys are ninjas and should technically use stealth a little more often. I love whenever they get serious and their pupils disappear. Really cool visuals with them being in the darkness.

Edit: The new anime show the boys were watching was fun and hopefully makes returns in future episodes.

SaneMan is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ok, I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this version of Casey

he's a brat, but not annoying

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting new version for Casey Jones. I think I will enjoy this sort of love triangle with April/Donnie/Casey. It was nice to see what April was up to as well.

I feel bad for Mutagen Man, but I just chalk it up to Darwinism.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought that this was a pretty good episode. Casey's design kind of works for me, but his voice in this episode felt a bit off to me. I did feel bad for Mutagen Man. Even though he caused his situation by not listening to the turtles in the first place and being pretty stupid, he's basically become living mutagen and by the end of this episode, frozen living mutagen. I like that they still have Donnie feeling guilty about what happened to him and that will add more motivation for him to find a cure. Setting up the love triangle between Donnie, April and Casey was good and that could be used later on for some interesting moments for the characters. Overall, I thought that it was a pretty good episode.