Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    CoolEric158 is online now Sibling Rivalry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NIck Talkback: Digimon Fusion: "Island Zone in Chaos" (10/13)

Like This Thread!

Multiple armies are fighting for dominance of the Digital World. Xros Heart, Blue Flare, Twilight, and the Bagra Army are each searching for the 108 Code Crowns that grant control of Zones, fractured pieces of the Digital World, and whoever gathers each of the Code Crowns will be able to combine them into their original form and become the "Digimon King", able to bend the entire Digital World to their will. The Bagra Army's goal is to transform the Digital World into a hellish realm of suffering, and Xros Heart, led by Mikey Kudo, must stop them.
    This Week:
    Island Zone in Chaos

Mikey and his friends transfer to the Island Zone in search of the Code Crown and the protection it offers.

Thinking of something to write down.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome episode, I really like Melissa Fahn as Nene, she does a great job, it is a very challenging role, her personality changes throughout the season or what her personality appears to be. I know she can pull it off.

I thought the voice of Neptunemon. Was that Kyle Herbert?

No surprise they moved the opening from the middle of the episode to the beginning. A very good episode, I wish they kept in the episode recap.

I am glad they finally out of the Forrest Zone and now it starts to get good as they jump from zone to zone

Divinenega is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Awesome episode, I really like Melissa Fahn as Nene, she does a great job, it is a very challenging role, her personality changes throughout the season or what her personality appears to be. I know she can pull it off.

I thought the voice of Neptunemon. Was that Kyle Herbert?

No surprise they moved the opening from the middle of the episode to the beginning. A very good episode, I wish they kept in the episode recap.

I am glad they finally out of the Forrest Zone and now it starts to get good as they jump from zone to zone
    Neptunemon was Liam O' Brien.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinenega View Post
    Neptunemon was Liam O' Brien.
    Thanks for clearing that up. All I knew it was the guy that voiced Ukitake in Bleach.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode wasn't bad, but nothing great, although Neptunemon seems like a cool villain.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

veemonjosh is online now The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's my in-depth edit guide for Fusion episode 4:

Spoiler:

General Changes:
    Spoiler:

- All music (the opening, BGM, and insert songs) is changed
    - The dubs seems to be using a DVD version of the animation, so there are some changes from the original Japanese airing that aren't necessarily done by Saban. I'll only bring up these changes if they're noteworthy.
    - Eyecatchers are removed
    - Names and terms are Americanized/changed
    - On-Screen text for names and attacks have been translated to their respective dub terms
    - The script is very loose, not going to mention any significent changes to the script unless it's blatant censorship
    - SFX is kept the same for the most part, but there's occasional changes to the SFX for certain reasons. I'll mention these if they tie in with another edit.
    - The episode previews at the end use the Japanese version's next episode preview as a basis, but typically use different clips

Note
    One of the oddest things about Xros Wars that starts this episode (and it shares this with its predecessor Savers) is that the opening often doesn't show up until halfway through the episode. IIRC, this has to do with the way the commercial breaks during the show were structured. Obviously there's no reason to do this here, so the dub opening is moved to the start of the episode.

Altered: 30 seconds

Spoiler:

Completely new recap here, though it's roughly the same length as the original.

Cut: 3 seconds
    Title card is the same, but it's shorter in the dub.

Change?: Multiple instances

Spoiler:

MORE ISLANDS. DVD CHANGE MAYBE. (I'm so glad we're not going to spend any sizable amount of time in the Forest Zone after this episode)

Note
    Bigfootmon is not a real Digimon.

Added: 5 seconds

Spoiler:

Bizarrely, the part where Angie says "And fire" before the ships are destroyed does NOT appear in either the original TV airing or the version Crunchyroll uses. It just goes from Mikey opening the door to the torpedo radar to the ships being destroyed. I'm tempted to say this is just clever use of footage that shows up a few seconds later to insert a new segment, but it could just as easily be something Toei added considering Angie's expression when she says it is not the same as the one she has where the footage would be taken from. (I hope this makes sense.)

Censor: 2 seconds (JAPAN) / 8 seconds (US)

Spoiler:

Monitormon's sign is changed.

Added: 10 seconds

Monitormon's segment is extended.

Took me a while to put this together, mainly because the copy I have of the Japanese version has a lot of technical hiccups. I'm thus ignoring anything they might've edited that made my side-by-side viewing briefly go out of synch.

Even without that, this episode was practically uncut. There were no paint edits besides the Monitamon sign at the end (unless I missed something), and any edits that were there were nitpickish at best. There is one small thing that made me have to double-check using the Crunchyroll sub, which I hopefully explained well enough above.

Overall, an alright episode. The next episode is even better though, and introduces a fun gimmick that Fusion has besides combining Digimon.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No talkback thread for episode 5 yet?

Gatomon41 is offline Happy Easter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saw this episode yesterday, and I loved it

Fusion is very different so far in that our heroes are less "Traditional Heroic Band" from previous series, to a rag-tag army. The term "General" is quite fitting, as Mikey is less hero and more strategic thinker. This episode show that aspect the most - with the Fusion Fighters thinking as a unit, and using tactics to overcome their foes. Being a fan of Strategy and tactical games and Military SF, this is fun

As there's no Spoiler alert, I'm going to put the plot details in tags:

Spoiler:
    Poor Neptunemon. Guy just lost a task force to a small girl. I can't think of a more humiliating military defeat in fiction.

Though one wonders why the Water-based Digimon don't post sentries underwater. You'd think they would be the ones who would know about swimming under one's foes and boarding actions.

Though to my surprise, Angie did something plot relevant that I could remember. Thanks to video games, she manages to save the day! Without a Digimon, her presence so far makes her sort of a third wheel. Mikey is the Main hero, and Jeremy provides comic relief - Angie's role wasn't as well defined. Having her do something vital is a nice development.

Overall, good episode.

Side comments:

• Chibitortomon is so adorable And a nice nod back to Savers.
    • Interestingly, this Digiworld is actually a series of Zones (pocket dimensions?). Sounds like something out of Sonic the Hedgehog.
    • Speaking of which, the only way to travel from Zone to Zone is through a interdimensioal portal. Cue Sliders reference.
    • And I'm still loving Derek S. Prince as Jeremy. It's so much fiun hearing him deliver such entertaining lines
    • And Melissa Fahn is back, as Nene. Mysterious and cool, Nene is less hotheaded than Rika, and far more mysterious.
    He is Risen.

"Truth suffers, but never dies." -St. Teresa of Avila