Search the Site:
Follow Us:

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on this "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" episode!

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%
  • ****1/2

3 50.00%

1 16.67%
  • ***1/2

2 33.33%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandouga View Post
    And...that's game.

Predictably, Kirby O'Neill is mutated, and April now officially hates the Turtles after Mike blabbed about it (which wouldn't have mattered either way), and all because they had to go with the "flawed characters who make mistakes" angle (which also wouldn't have mattered either way).

I had hoped and prayed that they wouldn't try this (though I was concerned that's how the first season would end, but still). In my honest opinion, neither this show (original comics or not), nor the franchise needed (or need) the "darker and edgier" angle.

I'm sorry, everyone, but I am officially done with this show.
    No you won't you need to complain about it every episode like you always do. Really every single episode seems to be "The final one" for every single show. It almost seems like you watch cartoons just to complain about them. While i'm sure you like shows all I see is you complaining about every show you watch.

Not to mention that you spent all last season complaining how this show was too lighthearted and not serous and dark enough to be the turtles to the point where it was an in name only show and now you have done a complete 180. It seems like you don't even know why you complain you just do. The Turtles has been far darker then this, far far far far darker.

Quote Originally Posted by PhenomsServant4 View Post
    Let's be honest do we really want to see Donnie and April together? Nothing personal to Donnie but has anyone ever played Sonic 06?
    No but I'm a HUGE fan of Gargoyles. Any pairing no matter how strange can be done right or done wrong. It's the exicution that matters.

Bit Cloud is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man Mikey was kinda dumb this episode, he's just like Bolin the residential buttmonkey of the show, the only thing he has over Bolin is that he has more action scenes.

Vaporleaf is offline POed panda fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been tired of Mikey being too overplayed as the dumb one. It's like you want to like him, but he's just too... "Nick".

And I wish the Kraang would go away already. And take their pink lasers with them.
    Come along with me
    To a cliff under a tre
    FREDERATOR

MetroSparkster is offline ...has nothing to say.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a feeling April would hate on the turtles after this mess up, but I wish she understood it's not like they wanted that to happen.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporleaf View Post
    I've been tired of Mikey being too overplayed as the dumb one. It's like you want to like him, but he's just too... "Nick".
    I think in that part Raphael(mostly) should told Mikey and more serious tone on what he did today so he can realize the mistake he made but also the mistake he and the others made instead of not saying nothing to him and still do some bonehead moves.

And I wish the Kraang would go away already. And take their pink lasers with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroSparkster View Post
    I had a feeling April would hate on the turtles after this mess up, but I wish she understood it's not like they wanted that to happen.
    She will forget them eventually or understand that everyone can do mistakes, even her.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But still it is better than a liar reveal arc. I am glad April knows the truth, and it is not streched out.

Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroSparkster View Post
    We know that April won't be mad at the Turtles for the entire season, but admittedly, if someone mutated one of my parents, I would initially be ticked off at them also.

The person whom I feel the most sorry for is Kirby. His wife dies off screen, then he spends the entire 1st season of the show imprisoned in an alien jail cell, then he has nightmares about his incarceration nightly after his rescue and now it looks like he's going to spend all or most of this season as a mutant insect. Could this guy have worse luck?
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

LexHugo86 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    there were certain things that seemed kinda off. The thing that i was confused about is how was it that the mutagen canister fell down towards April? i thought the kraang ship went past April and her father when they were tracking the kraang ship. Werent they heading towards shredder?. Im assuming that the kraang ship was circling around where April and her father were because of the turtles messing with the ships controls? and how is it that some canisters broke when they fell while others didnt? And i also think that its too coincidental that the mutagen fell right where April was at, and how the bats appeared out of nowhere at the same time her dad was hit. But last i checked, there are no bats living in New York. I may be too harsh calling them plot holes, but thats what they looked like, unless i didnt view the episode correctly? And if the dad was hit with the mutagen without the bats coming out of nowhere, would he have turned into a blob just like that boy with the turtle costume? this episode just looked kinda sloppy

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar Neo View Post
    We know that April won't be mad at the Turtles for the entire season, but admittedly, if someone mutated one of my parents, I would initially be ticked off at them also.

The person whom I feel the most sorry for is Kirby. His wife dies off screen, then he spends the entire 1st season of the show imprisoned in an alien jail cell, then he has nightmares about his incarceration nightly after his rescue and now it looks like he's going to spend all or most of this season as a mutant insect. Could this guy have worse luck?
    Bats aren't insects they're mammals.
    But I agree Kirby seems to have horrible luck.

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandouga View Post
    And...that's game.

Predictably, Kirby O'Neill is mutated, and April now officially hates the Turtles after Mike blabbed about it (which wouldn't have mattered either way), and all because they had to go with the "flawed characters who make mistakes" angle (which also wouldn't have mattered either way).

I had hoped and prayed that they wouldn't try this (though I was concerned that's how the first season would end, but still). In my honest opinion, neither this show (original comics or not), nor the franchise needed (or need) the "darker and edgier" angle.

I'm sorry, everyone, but I am officially done with this show.
    What the hell are you talking about?

The early seasons of the 2003 series were ALLOT darker than this

Quote Originally Posted by PhenomsServant4 View Post
    Let's be honest do we really want to see Donnie and April together? Nothing personal to Donnie but has anyone ever played Sonic 06?
    I still don't get what people's problem with that one
    Between the bad programming and story that took itself way too seriously, the interracial pairing was the least of the game's problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaneMan View Post
    I still don't get what people's problem with that one
    Between the bad programming and story that took itself way too seriously, the interracial pairing was the least of the game's problem
    Hey I could've lived with a lot of the problems (except that poorly thought out Silver fight) in that game if it weren't for that. But I don't want to get off subject here. The point is it just wouldn't work out. Even if they were to get together, it could never work out in the long run. Could you manage what their kids would look like or how said kids would be made in the first place? I mean sure I don't think it was the writers want us to think that hard on it but still.

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If they found a cure why wouldn't they cure Splinter too?

Man how much does that suck for April, that she just gets her dad back and now he's a feral mutant? And it was basically the fault of her friends.

Also why didn't April run out of the way of the mutagen. She's a kunoichi and all that, use the reflexes.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBeast View Post
    Bats aren't insects they're mammals.
    I'm aware of that. It's just that Kirby's mutated form looked more like a big bug than a bat to me, but if he's supposed to be a bat, then sure.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A human and bat hybrid really but quite a bizarre one because there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason with this mutagen.

There were quite a few questionable choices in this one. It does feel oddly paced to have Kirby mutate in this episode instead of at the end of the last season.

I can't honestly believe the turtles did not immediately go searching for the mutagen because they should know by now the longer that stuff is out there the worse things are going to get.

Did they actually do a reference to that dramatic music prairie dog video clip at the end there? Clever.

One of the mutagen canister's fell into the garbage. Do I smell Muck-Man and Joe Eyeball? I wouldn't be surprised, that was another gross and popular toy begging to be remade.
    Last edited by Sketch; 10-15-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post

Also why didn't April run out of the way of the mutagen. She's a kunoichi and all that, use the reflexes.
    She would actually avoid it but with Kirby not knowing much of what his daughter have been doing when he was gone he think it will fall over on her so any father he would protect her not matter what.

As i mention before and what Sketch mentioned, Kirby getting mutated in the first episode of this season feels out place where it should have happen at the end of season 1, Kirby turning into Mutagen Man would made more sense in my opinion instead of Timothy and Timothy should have turned into Wingnut
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_of_doom View Post
    As i mention before and what Sketch mentioned, Kirby getting mutated in the first episode of this season feels out place where it should have happen at the end of season 1, Kirby turning into Mutagen Man would made more sense in my opinion instead of Timothy and Timothy should have turned into Wingnut
    Mutagen Man would have looked cooler with the skeleton look instead of the one they used, but I guess a skeleton would scare the little kids.

Wonderwall is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally got around to watching the premiere and I enjoyed it. It's always fun to see an episode in it's finished form.

I didn't mind seeing O'Neal being turned here instead of last season finale since that had been built up and it was nice to see them get that checked off as a win. Of course then they swerve us here by turning him into that weird bat thing. Well they can't have everything. April's anger is understandable and played well( unlike a certain other Nick character recently ) especially since Mikey did tell her the truth even if there was more to it than that. Fights were cool, I liked the aerial stuff they did in this one. Donny sure knows how to make stuff out of nothing, the latest being the T rocket.

Shredder working to get a new army. I wonder what he has in store there. And dramatic look squirrel was awesome, the next episode is a good ol' creepy fun

HellCat is offline Travelling hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A bit behind on season 2 so I'm slowly going to catch up.

I like that a central theme of this episode was one me and many fans online voiced, that the brothers often showed a surprising lack of remorse or maturity. Turning Kirby into a mutant in the premiere isn't flawless (great, another season with a quest for him as a subplot straight out the gate) but the fact they screwed up and both Kirby and April blame them feels right. In some ways Mikey just blurting out what happened and expecting to be forgiven felt almost like a nod to the fan complaints, since I think in season one April would have just looked a bit sad and accepted her dad was out there as a bat mutant (that tiny, barely formed arm...*shudders*). They likewise play up that Timothy isn't exactly getting the greatest respect either (he's visibly annoyed with Mikey tapping the glass). Also, playing dodgeball with the communication orb is stupid on two levels....sometimes this show feels more like Teenage Mutant Sociopath Turtles.

Like seeing Metalhead pottering around and added to the opening, plus the subtle addition of Casey.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've been really behind on this season, so I'm slowly catching up as well. Hopefully I can watch all of season two thus far before catching up on Digimon Fusion soon.

Anyway, I thought that this was a pretty good start to the new season. I kind of figured that they would find some way to write out April's Dad again due to how his understandable fears and nightmares could prevent her with helping the turtles, but I didn't expect them to turn him into a mutant. That's really rough on both characters. Not too long after he was finally saved, he becomes a mutant and April loses her father again. Talk about rotten luck. I really couldn't blame April for getting mad. What Mikey did to cause the mutagen cases to fall was really stupid and the way he just blurred it out like it was no big deal was pretty bad too. It certainly didn't soften the blow at least. Although, in retrospect, I don't know why April didn't move away, especially after all that training, and I don't think that the mutagen affects her anyway. Still, her anger was justified, even though I felt bad for Donnie and she won't be mad at them for the whole season.

I also agree that having the Kraang appear again right away does kind of weaken the impact that the finale had. They were obviously going to appear again, but waiting until maybe around midway through the season would have been nice. Still, the action was pretty decent and I am curious about where they're going with the city being covered with more mutants. Hopefully, it won't be all about finding them and the cases of mutagen. Overall, it was a pretty decent episode and a good start to the season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2