Follow Us:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Yi View Post
    My recap for this episode is up. Enjoy.
    I thought that was a pretty good write-up, Neo Yi. Lin ignoring/disregarding Mako's argument simply because he's a rookie still rubs me the wrong way too. It's not like Mako doesn't have anything to back it up and it should have been enough to make Lin see it as a possibility. They probably wanted Mako and Asami to be on their own, as well as provide a rather easy way for Varrick to manipulate the situation by paying off the criminals that Mako foolishly asked for help, but I think that they could have done it better too.

Bolin's subplot still bothers me with how he's unable to tell the difference between being an actor and the reality, especially when kissing Ginger during their scene was rather uncomfortable. The kiss with Mako and Asami was also uncomfortable, but I'll give them credit that they didn't have Mako kiss her back, which will hopefully mean that the love triangle won't be back. The short film was hilarious though. Varrick is also still entertaining and so much better than Unalaq as a villain. I admit that I haven't seen enough amnesia plots to be too worried about how they can handle Korra, but I just want her attitude that she's been having all season to disappear and if at all possible, make her likable.

Monte is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I thought that was a pretty good write-up, Neo Yi. Lin ignoring/disregarding Mako's argument simply because he's a rookie still rubs me the wrong way too. It's not like Mako doesn't have anything to back it up and it should have been enough to make Lin see it as a possibility. They probably wanted Mako and Asami to be on their own, as well as provide a rather easy way for Varrick to manipulate the situation by paying off the criminals that Mako foolishly asked for help, but I think that they could have done it better too.
    While i do think Lin has been handed the idiot ball this season, I think it worked a TAD better in this episode since Mako did kinda make himself look like a rookie right in front of her and two of his seniors. I mean he just barged into the interrogation claiming he was gonna solve the case; "did anyone have a device like this" nope. "did any of them look like this guy?" Nope. "wait they were water bending this time?"... Ya like the mustache duo said, Mako pretty much just embarrassed himself in front of beifong. A move like that is bound to loose him more than a few points with Lin... Heck the least he could have done was be a bit more respectful and get Beifong's permission to question the witness instead of just storming in there.

Last episode, Lin just plain didn't take anytime to listen to him when he had a very valid point to make; he found fire benders fleeing the seen of the crime and identified one of them as a member of the Agni Ki's; that's very much worth investigating, and Lin looks like a idiot for not listening to him... but this episode its more like she's treating him like a rookie because he's making himself LOOK like a rookie; He storms in saying he solved the case, only to makes zero progress seemingly wasting time.

As for the mustche duo... y'know i'm not sure if they are corrupt(Varric is paying them to keep the police off the trail) or if they are just idiots(having fun with the rookie, and ignoring valid points). Could go either way.

Neo Yi is offline The Great "Lord" Starscream
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's a good point, Monte, but I stand by when I say it felt a bit contrived to get Mako to solve the case with Asami alone; those two dunderhead cops representing Republic City's police force didn't help either. I think the point could have gotten across without either of them.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    "Dawn's breaking on Cybertron." I review Windblade #1. Spoiler-free!

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    While i do think Lin has been handed the idiot ball this season, I think it worked a TAD better in this episode since Mako did kinda make himself look like a rookie right in front of her and two of his seniors. I mean he just barged into the interrogation claiming he was gonna solve the case; "did anyone have a device like this" nope. "did any of them look like this guy?" Nope. "wait they were water bending this time?"... Ya like the mustache duo said, Mako pretty much just embarrassed himself in front of beifong. A move like that is bound to loose him more than a few points with Lin... Heck the least he could have done was be a bit more respectful and get Beifong's permission to question the witness instead of just storming in there.

Last episode, Lin just plain didn't take anytime to listen to him when he had a very valid point to make; he found fire benders fleeing the seen of the crime and identified one of them as a member of the Agni Ki's; that's very much worth investigating, and Lin looks like a idiot for not listening to him... but this episode its more like she's treating him like a rookie because he's making himself LOOK like a rookie; He storms in saying he solved the case, only to makes zero progress seemingly wasting time.

As for the mustche duo... y'know i'm not sure if they are corrupt(Varric is paying them to keep the police off the trail) or if they are just idiots(having fun with the rookie, and ignoring valid points). Could go either way.
    That is a good point since getting in there without permission first probably didn't make Lin more willing to listen to his theory. He still had good evidence to back it up, even with the witness not being able to identify the weapon or the Fire bender, so Lin just agreeing that it was the Northern Water Tribe still struck me as odd, especially when I can't really see Lin taking either of them seriously given what we've seen of them. I think that's one of the main reasons why I don't like her disregarding Mako's suspicion when she's choosing two cops who have yet to show any competence on-screen and seem to care more about their facial hair and giving Mako a hard time than being good police officers. I don't know if they're corrupt. It's possible that Varrick is paying them off to keep the police off his tail, which could be another reason as to why they didn't react on Mako's theory before, but they give off more of a lazy cop vibe who really don't care about their jobs. Although, that would still leave me questioning why Lin has them on the force since nothing about them makes me think that they are good effective cops and she wouldn't tolerate lazy cops o her force. I agree that it could go either way.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have been saying forever, those two cops on the force via affirmative actions, I have yet to see them bend, so I assume they are non benders that was forced down Lin's thought to oppease the non benders after the events of Book 1.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3