Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I liked this episode too. It's kind of weird that Korra's spiritbending didn't work (iirc she was even in the Avatar State) so I guess either she isn't good at it or Unalaq is behind the spirit attacks, which I'd rather not be the case. I agree that Iroh sounded really weird. In my opinion, he sounded way too much like Zuko. Varrick's and Asami's war profiteering will be a joy to see though. Didn't really care for Korra's and Mako's relationship trouble, but I hope they get some more character development out of this.

Not much to say about this episode beyond that.

Aldrius is offline Arrogant Instigator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman91 View Post
    I know I'm always the one complaining about animation, but did anyone else find that this episode had some embarrassingly terrible animation? I actually thought that last weeks episode had some pretty consistently decent animation and a pretty nicely animated climax but this week was just....idk....bad. .
    Lin didn't even look like herself.

I really enjoyed this episode otherwise, though. The war stuff is cool, and I dunno, I'm not too bothered by Korra being a hothead. I found Mako a lot more likable in this episode and he seems a bit more... out of his element, I think it makes him more sympathetic. Bolin's stuff was also pretty funny.

Unulaq for me is a way more compelling villain than Amon ever was. Yeah there's a lot of similarities to Ozai but I think those work thematically and he doesn't just feel like he's the same villain all over again. Desna and Eska are kinda fun, but they've been pretty woefully underdeveloped thus far.

I cannot get over how miscast Dante Basco is. He sounds ALLL wrong for that character. You need someone more like Jeff Bennett or even Rino Romano in that role. Someone older and more charismatic. But I'm super excited about going to see the Korra-era Fire Nation. It's also gonna be really twisted that if the Fire Nation does go to war with the Northern Water Tribe we essentially will see a total reversal of the first season finale from ATLA. Where we're supposed to be rooting for the Fire Nation to win against the Northern Water Tribe.

Also nice to see some benders cut loose for once. Always felt like everyone was pulling their punches in season 1 because they had to give the equalists a chance or something. But Desna and Eska vs. Korra was pretty intense and we saw some really extensive waterbending.

"You still race in the games, do you... guardian?.. For what!? Putting a show on for the masses are we? The young pretender!? To mend and defend... who will defend you the next time we meet!? Have your fun boy... while you can." - Megabyte

"They took everything, Bruce. My dad, my life... you. I'm not saying it's right or even sane... but it's all I have left. So either help me or get out of the way!"

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm okay with Geneal Iroh's voice. While I agree that the voice does sound a bit too young for a character that old, it also kind of works in the sense that having Dante Basco play the character is primarily for fan service, so it kind of evens out for me.

DW AuZumzaq is offline DISABILITY WITHOUT PITY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    BoLin's true calling: being a highly paid BSer.

To those of us who've opposed the concept MaKorra from instance one: WE GOT WHAT WE WANTED. But still, some of us complain.

IMPO, Korra is becoming evil. I've before said so.
    "Yes, I'm GUILTY of LIKING, LOVING and RESPECTING BROADS, and there's NOT A JURY IN THE WORLD that would CONVICT ME."

Dub C is offline Just a animation lovin' dude
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW AuZumzaq View Post
    IMPO, Korra is becoming evil. I've before said so.
    Ehh, I think that's TOO far of a reach there. Nothing "evil" about what Korra is doing. She's looking for a way to drive the North from her home, not wipe them off the face of the earth. Her only real issues are that she's not seeing the repercussions of her actions and her potential strong-armed plans.
    What has my attention in Animation RIGHT NOW:
    Hunter X Hunter (2011), One Piece, The Legend of Korra, TMNT (2012), Teen Titans Go!, Magi 2, Kill la Kill, A Certain Scientific Railgun

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think getting the Fire Nation is terrible idea, it would mean a world war. I could pretty much guarantee that if the FN got involved and aided the south, it won't take a day before the Earth Kingdom aids the north and we have a world war. FN milatry doing anything outside of the FN is a very sensative things to the EK and quite understandably. And this Iroh II's idea, he is grandfather's grandson he doens't think things through.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub C View Post
    Ehh, I think that's TOO far of a reach there. Nothing "evil" about what Korra is doing. She's looking for a way to drive the North from her home, not wipe them off the face of the earth. Her only real issues are that she's not seeing the repercussions of her actions and her potential strong-armed plans.
    "In all of mankind's history, there has never been more damage done than by people who thought they were doing the right thing."
    -Lucy van Pelt

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

Aldrius is offline Arrogant Instigator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    I think getting the Fire Nation is terrible idea, it would mean a world war. I could pretty much guarantee that if the FN got involved and aided the south, it won't take a day before the Earth Kingdom aids the north and we have a world war. FN milatry doing anything outside of the FN is a very sensative things to the EK and quite understandably. And this Iroh II's idea, he is grandfather's grandson he doens't think things through.
    The Earth Kingdom has no reason to get involved and we don't know anything about it, and regardless, I don't see the issue there. And I don't think Korra looking for ways to liberate her homeland is evil at all. Yes, peaceful cooperation would be best, but Unulaq has proven himself to be a liar, you couldn't trust anything he said in regards to 'peaceful cooperation' and Korra knows that.

"You still race in the games, do you... guardian?.. For what!? Putting a show on for the masses are we? The young pretender!? To mend and defend... who will defend you the next time we meet!? Have your fun boy... while you can." - Megabyte

"They took everything, Bruce. My dad, my life... you. I'm not saying it's right or even sane... but it's all I have left. So either help me or get out of the way!"

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    The Earth Kingdom has no reason to get involved and we don't know anything about it, and regardless, I don't see the issue there. And I don't think Korra looking for ways to liberate her homeland is evil at all. Yes, peaceful cooperation would be best, but Unulaq has proven himself to be a liar, you couldn't trust anything he said in regards to 'peaceful cooperation' and Korra knows that.
    You forgot a little thing called the 100 year war, I think if the Fire Nation military even sneezes the Earth Kingdom is going to take a close at it.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Even with the one hundred year war, I'm not sure if the Earth Kingdom would aid the North just because the Fire Nation got involved with the South, but I could see the Fire Nation being cautious about whether or not they should fight just because of how it could cause other countries to be nervous with the Fire Nation getting involved in another war.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast