Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    alfa9delta is offline Hey, Where's Perry ?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Butch Hartman hints new Danny Phantom movie on the way

Like This Thread!

Hey guys,
    Butch Hartman - Fairly OddParents, T.U.F.F. Puppy and Danny Phantom's creator - has been tweeting some stuff that hints a possible Danny Phantom come-back.

When asked "Is there any chance of Danny Phantom coming back? I am a huge fan and I know I speak for a lot of people!", Hartman answered:

Plus, minutes after that, he tweeted THIS:

Links: https://twitter.com/realhartman/stat...63570414039041
    https://twitter.com/realhartman/stat...63791541932035

So, what you guys think. Is there a live-action Danny Phantom movie on the way?
    Is this even a good idea? Comment!

A platypus? *puts hat on* PERRY THE PLATYPUS!

Follow: @alfa9_delta

Visit The Fairly OddParents Wiki

Getouttamylab! is offline The ride of a lifetime
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If so, that would be epic! I wasn't that interested in Danny Phantom when it was still on, but I'm for this idea. (Hopefully it won't become something like what everyone said the third season was.)
    And then my post was finished.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A new Danny Phantom movie would be pretty cool. I'd prefer an animated movie over live-action, but it would be interesting to see how the effects and ghost powers would look in live action form. I liked the series for the most part, so seeing Danny Phantom again would be nice.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, if they can make a live-action film for Odd Parents, then I guess a Danny Phantom film shouldn't be too hard.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Nightwing26 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm excited for the possibility, but I'm not sure Nick will give this movie a big enough budget to do proper effects for the ghosts and Danny.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always liked the idea of a live action Danny Phantom movie. I mean the franchise has elements of Spider-Man and Ghostbusters, so I feel it'll make a decent flick. If it's going to be live action, I hope it'll be theatrical kind with a decent budget to pull off those ghost effects. I don't know if a TV budget could pull of that sort of thing, I mean it's possible. A lot of that looks like it could be done with a green screen and some Adobe After Effects....

If it's animated, that'll be awesome too.....kinda. I mean, Danny Phantom isn't really that great without Steve Marmel on board. Anything made now will just be season 3 level quality.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Neo Yi is offline The Great "Lord" Starscream
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    If it's animated, that'll be awesome too.....kinda. I mean, Danny Phantom isn't really that great without Steve Marmel on board. Anything made now will just be season 3 level quality.
    I have the same fear. Despite that, the fact that Hartman even teased of a possible Danny Phantom resurrection (if not potentially temporarily) is something I never thought would happen.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    "Dawn's breaking on Cybertron." I review Windblade #1. Spoiler-free!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hartman likes to hop on his twitter and tweet things that he know will draw attention to him, especially if he happens to be having a new season of one of his products premiering the next day.

Until I see a Nickelodeon press report, I wouldn't interpret it as anything other than smoke blowing.

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How about a T.U.F.F Puppy movie as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If this movie really comes to happen I think it'd be interesting if it was some kind of reboot of the show - like they did with Spiderman in the cinema - focusing on Danny becoming a ghost-boy. The series was pretty much closed, I don't think any good additional plot would work other than that...

Toons4ever is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am all for a Danny Phantom movie, but I'm hoping it won't be live action. That didn't really work for fop and I doubt dp would work out much better.

The Talon is online now Ooga Chaka
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He means tv movie right? I can't imagine he'd somehow convince Paramount to invest a multi-million dollar budget into a Danny Phantom movie.
    I liked Danny Phantom, but I always felt it would be better if it was a little more serious. And I never liked the whole "oh, they're not really ghosts, they're just monsters from other worlds called ghosts" thing.

SaneMan is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't have much hope about it being any good after Phantom Planet

stephane dumas is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfa9delta View Post
    If this movie really comes to happen I think it'd be interesting if it was some kind of reboot of the show - like they did with Spiderman in the cinema - focusing on Danny becoming a ghost-boy. The series was pretty much closed, I don't think any good additional plot would work other than that...
    Or maybe it could be a reunion movie, set a couple of years after college graduation for example.

Nightwing26 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephane dumas View Post

Or maybe it could be a reunion movie, set a couple of years after college graduation for example.
    But who is reuniting? I think they would all stay together, and if it's changed so that they had some argue meant so they aren't speaking anymore then that would be lame.

While story possibilities are not as plentiful, one thing they could do after Phantom Planet is to go the Ben 10 way and have it be about Danny balancing his normal life, superhero life, and his celebrity status, and focus on his struggle to remain a good friend or stay humble or whatever and not go into the publicity thing too much. It could work, but it might not work.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toons4ever View Post
    I am all for a Danny Phantom movie, but I'm hoping it won't be live action. That didn't really work for fop and I doubt dp would work out much better.
    With all the superhero movies we have these days, I feel a live action Danny Phantom movie would work WAY better than a live action Fairly Oddparents movie would.
    Seriously....that was a bad idea all around.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

FriendlyMushroom is offline ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whaaaaaaaaaa

This would certainly be out of the blue. If it does happen it will probably be a TV movie, as I doubt Nickelodeon/Paramount are up for a another theatrical release of a cartoon adaptation after the fiasco of The Last Airbender, which has a bigger fanbase.

Could be cool, could be crap, who knows. I think though that I would prefer a decent revival or reboot of the cartoon over a live-action movie.

Oh, and to answer the question Hartman posted: Vlad Masters, hands down. Vlad is the Green Goblin to Danny's Spiderman, the Joker to Danny's Batman, the Magneto to Danny's Professor X, the...you get the point.
    I AM ASSUMING CONTROL OF THIS FORM.

ferrisjso is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As a huge DP fan I would be thrilled if they made a movie.There were several important plot points that weren't addressed such as what happened to dani and everyone's reaction to knowing Danny,s secret.A movie would bring closure to fans unhappy with how the show ended.While a DP live action film would no defiantly be better than the FOP ones there are some concerns.The main concern is the special effects for the ghosts powers how much it will cost and how well it will work.For this reason i,m pretty sure most Dp fans would prefer 2 D although live action is more likely.also while DP is extremely popular only IZ has a larger cult base it is questionable whether DP has the market for a profitable theatrical release.Then again maybe NIck knows something about the DP DVDs sales record that we don,t.Regardless this probably isn't,t going to happen but we can dream can,t we?

rockorockorocko is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Given the success of TMNT and Korra on Nick, I feel a revival of Danny Phantom would actually do very, very well now. Wouldn't hurt to look into by Nick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockorockorocko View Post
    Given the success of TMNT and Korra on Nick, I feel a revival of Danny Phantom would actually do very, very well now. Wouldn't hurt to look into by Nick.
    Maybe that's the point of making a DP movie: See if this does well enough for them to bring the show back

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast