Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Edward15 is offline To The Toons Of The 2000's!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Well, maybe Butch will get a bigger budget for this one. You know Danny Phantom requires better special effects. Or better yet, maybe it'll get a theatrical release.

ferrisjso is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While DP along with IZ is probably the only Nicktoon which has a large enough nostalgia base to make its return profitable the live action movie is a bad idea.Not that I wouldn't watch it. Now only the most successful Nicktoons get theatrical films and DP is on the border there and DP would be a pretty expensive movie to make live action because you need to make the ghost zone the ghosts and their powers all seem real and that costs a lot of money.Any DP movie would probably get a lower budget than the FOP ones(which were intended to be theatrical)and you can see how using CGI to create the Fairys and magical world worked out. A DP movie would be a much more daunting challenge and would have probably less money to do it. DP might be my favorite show ever and I've been dying for it to come back but a DP live action movie to wrap up the open plot points of the series is a gamble that could only work if all the stars align and in the Nick world they rarely do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrisjso View Post
    While DP along with IZ is probably the only Nicktoon which has a large enough nostalgia base to make its return profitable the live action movie is a bad idea.Not that I wouldn't watch it. Now only the most successful Nicktoons get theatrical films and DP is on the border there and DP would be a pretty expensive movie to make live action because you need to make the ghost zone the ghosts and their powers all seem real and that costs a lot of money.Any DP movie would probably get a lower budget than the FOP ones(which were intended to be theatrical)and you can see how using CGI to create the Fairys and magical world worked out. A DP movie would be a much more daunting challenge and would have probably less money to do it. DP might be my favorite show ever and I've been dying for it to come back but a DP live action movie to wrap up the open plot points of the series is a gamble that could only work if all the stars align and in the Nick world they rarely do.
    Now, Butch didn't say that the movie would continue where the series left off. Perhaps the film will be a continuity reboot and retell how Danny got his powers, with the plot being a bit more believable.

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If the film is live-action, it should definetly be a retelling of his origin. If its animated, it should be a continuation with a time-skip. Like a six months to a year after Phantom Planet.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

rrulez is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That would be amazing! Hopefully animated but I guess we'll just have to see!

StellaMagic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It could even be about Danny's life after people found out, like his daughter taking the mantle of superhero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I vote for the retelling of Danny's origin. I have an imagining where Danny's origin is more believable and counts for Vlad's origin too.

Jack works at a company run by his old college buddy Vlad (who established his empire through an organized crime organization), who secretly despises Jack for proposing to Maddie before he could. Anyway, Jack takes Danny to his job one day to show that he is working on a project of harnessing a new energy source: ecto-energy. However, something goes wrong and the machine focusing the energy is about to explode. As everyone clears out, Danny sees Vlad has gotten trapped and runs back to save him. Just as the machine explodes and the energy fills the room, Danny tackles Vlad to the ground, and while Vlad absorbs a portion of the energy, Danny gets a bigger dose. The two survive, unknowing that their lives have forever changed.

What do you think?

PunkPhantom is offline Addicted to Toons & Tunes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward15 View Post
    I vote for the retelling of Danny's origin. I have an imagining where Danny's origin is more believable and counts for Vlad's origin too.

Jack works at a company run by his old college buddy Vlad (who established his empire through an organized crime organization), who secretly despises Jack for proposing to Maddie before he could. Anyway, Jack takes Danny to his job one day to show that he is working on a project of harnessing a new energy source: ecto-energy. However, something goes wrong and the machine focusing the energy is about to explode. As everyone clears out, Danny sees Vlad has gotten trapped and runs back to save him. Just as the machine explodes and the energy fills the room, Danny tackles Vlad to the ground, and while Vlad absorbs a portion of the energy, Danny gets a bigger dose. The two survive, unknowing that their lives have forever changed.

What do you think?
    That's a cool idea, I especially like the idea of Vlad running a crime organization. However, I like how in the original series Vlad had had his powers 20 more years than Danny. It made him more threatening and made for good drama.

But, yeah, whether this is live-action or animated, just a single movie or testing the waters for a new series, I want it to be a retelling of the origin or a reboot because I really didn't like where Season 3 went and so I would not want a continuation of that. I would rather them just start over.
    "Pencil... Paper... Combine" -JG Quintel
    "Though he acts intoxicated, he's just highly animated!" -Max Goof
    March 14, 2013 Vancouver, BC

Nightwing26 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkPhantom View Post
    That's a cool idea, I especially like the idea of Vlad running a crime organization. However, I like how in the original series Vlad had had his powers 20 more years than Danny. It made him more threatening and made for good drama.

But, yeah, whether this is live-action or animated, just a single movie or testing the waters for a new series, I want it to be a retelling of the origin or a reboot because I really didn't like where Season 3 went and so I would not want a continuation of that. I would rather them just start over.
    This. I would want them to start over as well. Hopefully though, they don't try to re-tell the same story/stories, and instead come up with new stories to tell.

stephane dumas is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How about a rebooting from another point of divergence? Like rebooting where season 3 beginned in a way similar like the Zeta Gundam compilation movie who did a retelling of the end of the Zeta Gundam saga.

I also pondered a wishlist of actors who could be in the movie in a Deviantart journal entry but I really jumped the gun on this one. ^^;