Quantcast
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 296970717273747576777879
    TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Still think they should've had them kiss. It was the end of the show, what's the worst that could happen?
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Neo Ultra Mike is online now Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Nickelodeon could of flat out said no and not allowed them to animate it whatsoever. Because yeah that's the thing: regardless of whether or not it's the end of the show and there isn't going to be any more episodes made, if it's still something in production that's going to be part of the network (remember season 4 was made to air On Nick as the episodes were completed before the online move. And even online the case remains the same) the execs still can veto and ban something from airing. Why do you think the Angry Beavers episode 'Bye Bye Beavers" never got made outside the VAs for Norbert and Daggett doing a table read of the script? Nickelodeon always has last say on what makes it in, which is why the creators even had to go online and confirm it: because they knew it had to be subtle enough to make some people guess so it wouldn't be autoamtically seen as the two being in a relationship. The team did the most it could that could actually make to air and honestly if you want to see more there are so many images and stories online that are now with the canon couple. Honestly for me just having them say it and that ending is enough because I know that was the limit and I appreciate them hitting it and don't need anything else.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Still think they should've had them kiss. It was the end of the show, what's the worst that could happen?
    I'm glad they didn't. It's a nice contrast to the ending of the first series with Aang and Katara.
    In fact to this day, I'm still not happy about that. They were too young to be kissing like that!

Kuromi_Star is offline Neko mimi mode
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    I'm glad they didn't. It's a nice contrast to the ending of the first series with Aang and Katara.
    In fact to this day, I'm still not happy about that. They were too young to be kissing like that!
    But Korra and Asami were what 20? 21? Though it is obvious that's what Bryke meant about network limits and blah blah

Scirel is offline WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow Finally someone else brings that up. It's crazy how Aang can have such romantic feelings before going through puberty. Isn`t he supposed to be 10?
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow

Rick Jones is online now Keep my glass half-full in '15
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They were too young to do pretty much everything they did though. These kids had very short childhoods.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Neo Ultra Mike is online now Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    originally posted by Scriel
    Wow Finally someone else brings that up. It's crazy how Aang can have such romantic feelings before going through puberty. Isn`t he supposed to be 10?
    Actually Aang at the start of the series is 12 (technically 112 counting the 100 years he spent frozen in a block of ice) and I believe by the end is either about 13 or actually 13. So honestly having romantic feelings like that makes sense since yeah he obviously is going through puberty. Having that wind up being with someone he was in a real relationship with for so many years and starting a family and what no is more of a stretch. In fact though the romance in the first two seasons of Korra is annoying and kind of badly written, thinking about it, it's also wayyyyyyyy more realistic. Because in the end it's about characters jumping too quickly into relationships and acting immature and kind of jerky to one another which honestly is what teenagers do. The first person you meet and crush on isn't going to be the person usually you spend the rest of your life with. And just because you're a teenager who says they're in love and feels that way doesn't mean it's going to last. So actually as weird as this is to say, the whole Korra/Asami/Mako relationship was way more realistic and way more sensible then the Aang/Katara relationship. The problem is that seeing stupid teenagers make so many mistakes isn't usually the most interesting or enjoyable thing to go through and again it wasn't the best handled writting wise but it still is the most sensible relationship. So is starting your journey of wanting to be a couple with someone by holding hands like that then passionatley kissing. But as Mike and Bryan said they made ATLA and Korra for them so they wanted to see Kaatang end like that, just like how they wanted to end with Korasami so... that's how that went down.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Kencana is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All I can say is... with Legend of Korra ending, there's no western animation that can top ATLA/LOK in term of diversity. This is a show that featured muscular dark skinned woman with her Asian girlfriend. Not only we get canon bisexuality, we also got interracial relationship between Native American and Asian woman. I've watched many show, but this my first time seeing bisexual Native American woman dating Asian woman. Just like other said, Korra is one of the most revolutionary children's shows of the past few years.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, I gotta say, this was a show that I would count down the days til the next episode for. There aren't a ton of toons out there anymore as continuity-driven as this whole franchise was. I know stuff like AT, SU, and GF have some continuity, but this was a show where EVERY episode led to something, not just a handful. I'm still missing the show and I'm sad that it'll be some time before we get something as continuos and action-driven as this series was.
    "The Pen is your Sword, the Page is the Monster. Stories are the Blood that comes out."

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 296970717273747576777879