Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    If we're all still on the subject of who provided great voice acting in Avatar anything, I know Doug Walker gave Dante Basco as Zuko a big seal of approval for great voice acting.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think that the voice cast for both series have been pretty solid. The cast for the original series was terrific, especially for Aang and Zuko, and Korra is doing great too. I can understand the complaints about Korra's voice, but I think that it works quite well. Neither cast is awful in my opinion.

FriendlyMushroom is offline Knight of Sidonia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Other standouts from Avatar: The Last Airbender were Mako as Uncle Iroh and Grey Delisle as the villainous Azula. If I had to pick one weak link from the ATLA main cast, it might be Mae Whitman as Katara, but even then she's not bad by any means, just not quite as much of a standout as her costars.

J21697 is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nick is going to show the first episode of season 2 @ comic con on Friday. They confirmed it via twitter.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyMushroom View Post
    Other standouts from Avatar: The Last Airbender were Mako as Uncle Iroh and Grey Delisle as the villainous Azula. If I had to pick one weak link from the ATLA main cast, it might be Mae Whitman as Katara, but even then she's not bad by any means, just not quite as much of a standout as her costars.
    It is funny if you compare, Mae Whitman has a great acting resume going all the way to her child acting days. From Hope Floats to Arrested Development, she is great even as a child, in voice acting from Johnny Bravo to TMNT, she is great. Compare Mae to the girl that played Katara in a live action movie, it almost comical. And people that excuse her and the kid that played Aang, they are child actors? People like Mae just throws that child actor excuse out the window.

Wonderwall is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J21697 View Post
    Nick is going to show the first episode of season 2 @ comic con on Friday. They confirmed it via twitter.
    That's cool. I look forward to reading about that. Less so about the cellphone quality clips

Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    It is funny if you compare, Mae Whitman has a great acting resume going all the way to her child acting days. From Hope Floats to Arrested Development, she is great even as a child, in voice acting from Johnny Bravo to TMNT, she is great. Compare Mae to the girl that played Katara in a live action movie, it almost comical. And people that excuse her and the kid that played Aang, they are child actors? People like Mae just throws that child actor excuse out the window.
    Yea those kids weren't very good. Doesn't help that they had one of the worst directors ever either.

The Talon is online now Written in the Stars
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Book 2 will have a two-part episode called "Beginnings" focusing on Wan, the first Avatar, voiced by Steven Yeun from The Walking Dead.
    Exclusive: Walking Dead Star Will Be First Avatar on Legend of Korra | Underwire | Wired.com

Wonderwall is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's a cool bit of info. Just from that image I was asking myself if they were going with a different type of visuals for that time period and sure enough they are. And Glenn!

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Going by Wan's clothes, does this mean the first Avatar was of the Fire Nation?

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Talon View Post
    Book 2 will have a two-part episode called "Beginnings" focusing on Wan, the first Avatar, voiced by Steven Yeun from The Walking Dead.
    Exclusive: Walking Dead Star Will Be First Avatar on Legend of Korra | Underwire | Wired.com
    That sounds awesome. I like the idea of exploring the first Avatar and I can see it tying into the spirit themes of this season quite easily. That should be really interesting to watch.