Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rockorockorocko is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Totally Spies" Season 6 to Nickelodeon?

Like This Thread!
    Totally Spies, totally new » Kidscreen

Nothing official about Nick U.S., but you would figure if Nick acquires Totally Spies (a very popular cartoon in the early 2000s), it would fit with where they are headed in the action cartoon genre (TMNT and LoK) and would fit nicely alongside of Winx Club.

I think it's a given Nick will eventually air it on its proper.

Cartoon Ruler is offline I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Say what? I thought Cartoon Network re-acquired Totally Spies! back in 2010...
    Goodbye The Hub, Hello Boomerang!

stephane dumas is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe Nick in overseas markets like Asia, Australia or Latin America?

Getouttamylab! is offline My, what big ears you have
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephane dumas View Post
    Maybe Nick in overseas markets like Asia, Australia or Latin America?
    That's plausible, cause I've seen a Disney sitcom on an int'l CN station, and Fairly Oddparents airs on Cartoon Network's Italy Channel.
    Do these ears make my head look small?

DonkeyKongSong is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonLover View Post
    Say what? I thought Cartoon Network re-acquired Totally Spies! back in 2010...
    They only acquired the movie, season 5, and The Amazing Spiez! Cartoon Network would have to reacquire season 6, but I'm not so sure they have any interest in that (I haven't read anything).
    With the direction Nick is going, it wouldn't shock me if they got this. I'm not a huge Totally Spies! fan, but I'd like to see it on Nick, and/or (hopefully not or) on TeenNick (which is airing Winx Club reruns now).

Yoko Kurama is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I completely hope Nick/Nicktoons get the rights to Totally Spies''s season 6. It's an amazing show and Cartoon Network not only doesn't deserve it but the wouldn't treat the show with the respect it deserves. Let Cartoon Network keep their unfunny lame attempts at humor and terribly written shows and give Totally Spies to either Nick or The Hub. In fact while they're at it give Young Justice and Green Lantern to the Hub as well

Getouttamylab! is offline My, what big ears you have
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Kurama View Post
    I completely hope Nick/Nicktoons get the rights to Totally Spies''s season 6. It's an amazing show and Cartoon Network not only doesn't deserve it but the wouldn't treat the show with the respect it deserves. Let Cartoon Network keep their unfunny lame attempts at humor and terribly written shows and give Totally Spies to either Nick or The Hub. In fact while they're at it give Young Justice and Green Lantern to the Hub as well
    We don't know how either network will treat the show, whoever gets it. Heck, Nick could treat it how you think Cartoon Network will treat it, or CN could surprise us with it airing a lot with their other shows. Either way, we aren't gonna know until they finally get things worked out.
    Do these ears make my head look small?

Yoko Kurama is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Getouttamylab! View Post
    We don't know how either network will treat the show, whoever gets it. Heck, Nick could treat it how you think Cartoon Network will treat it, or CN could surprise us with it airing a lot with their other shows. Either way, we aren't gonna know until they finally get things worked out.
    CN has a horrible track record for these past couple of years with anything in that isn't "funny" in their eyes, Look at Rex, Thundercats, Amazing Spies, Sym-bionic titan, and now Young Justice and GL, heck even Tower Prep and Unnatural History, which despite being live action were amazing shows and guess what happened all were canceled for shows CN thinks is "funny" when they're not. Nick would treat Totally Spies with the respect it deserves and promote it as well as it should be promoted, and I have higher chance believing that the Sun would freeze over before believing that CN would air it alongside their "funny" shows, at least not without cancelling it

Jazz is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CN has a horrible track record for these past couple of years with anything in that isn't "funny" in their eyes, Look at Rex, Thundercats, Amazing Spies, Sym-bionic titan, and now Young Justice and GL, heck even Tower Prep and Unnatural History, which despite being live action were amazing shows and guess what happened all were canceled for shows CN thinks is "funny" when they're not. Nick would treat Totally Spies with the respect it deserves and promote it as well as it should be promoted, and I have higher chance believing that the Sun would freeze over before believing that CN would air it alongside their "funny" shows, at least not without cancelling it
    And are you implying that Nickelodeon has the best track record in keeping their action oriented shows before they cancel them and put them off the air? All those shows you listed were canned for ether poor ratings or no toy company wanted to make merchindise for said shows. It sucks, believe me I'm disapointed in CN's desisions in that aspect too. And for Totally Spies, I do think it would not fly on CN these days not because it is a action oriented show, but because it is a girls oriented, a completly different story for CN. Would Nick treat Spies better? The poor way they treat Winx Club and their other girl oriented shows right now it can't be said for sure. Was never a big fan of the show when it was orignally on CN ten years ago, to me it didn't fit with the rest of CN's other stuff so maybe you're right that CN wouldn't treat it well, because they wouldn't know what to do with such a girly show. But I can't trust Nick to give it good promotion, that would seem reasonable and would give the audience a rest from Spongbob promo spam.

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    CN has a horrible track record for these past couple of years with anything in that isn't "funny" in their eyes
    ....wait, this isn't supposed to be funny?
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: It's a war on the media and Trawn and company are caught in the middle in Part 2 of a brand-new Electric Wonderland incident! Aren't you glad real life isn't this insane?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast