Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Bryan is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nicktoons (The Channel) Turns 10

Like This Thread!

Nickelodeonís digital television network Nicktoons turns 10 years old today. On Wednesday, May 1, 2002, Nickelodeon launched the network then known as Nicktoons TV.

Over the last 10 years, the network has gone by Nicktoons TV, then changed to simply Nicktoons in 2003 before the network became semi-ad-supported in September 2005 going by Nicktoons Network until the Nickelodeon rebranding of September 2009 turned it back to just Nicktoons.

Nicktoons, which originally (and still does to some extent) stood for Nickelodeonís original animated productions that began in 1991, has featured a wide variety of original, acquired and classic programming. From Charlie Brown to Doug to Kaput & ZŲsky to Animaniacs to Invader ZIM to As Told By Ginger to Dragon Ball Z Kai, Nicktoons has mainly featured animated programming, though has shown (and still does show) live-action programming at times.

Continue reading my article on Nicktoons' 10th birthday at Nick and More!...

HUBTigers87 is offline Michyl
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember one of my favorite days withe Nicktoons. It was a Saturday in August 2002. I had back surgery near the start of it, so eventually when I got home I was limited to things I could do. I had a visit from my aunt and cousin who gave me a box with 12 small bags of chips, some variety pack. Either a Saturday or Sunday (I'm believing Saturday). I watched most of the channel in the afternoon.

1:00PM Rugrats ---- 1:30PM Rugrats ---- 2:00PM Doug ---- 2:30PM Doug ---- 3:00PM Rocko's Modern Life ---- 3:30PM Rocko's Modern Life ---- 4:00PM Aaahh!!! Real Monsters ---- 4:30PM Aaahh!!! Real Monsters ---- 5:00PM The Angry Beavers ---- 5:30PM The Angry Beavers ---- What I can't remember though if I saw Rugrats and Beavers. Just those hours though, made the network really feel like Nicktoons ---- Another memory side note, was that Rocko was on EVERYDAY from 3pm-4pm. until the first schedule change in October or before, whenever it was.
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | MLB Spring Training

Survivors. | 1000th post: 3/13/14 @ 1:16am

ferrisjso is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nicktoons was created to be a place where fans could watch their favorite Nicktoons once Nick had cancelled them.I love this network as it allows me to watch all my favorite shows that are never on Nick anymore(Invader Zim,Danny Phantom,Avatar etc).In recent years though Nick has IMO kind of ruined the network by putting a lot of their acquisitions on Nicktoons.I also am angry about how Nick puts shows that are not cancelled like Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents on Nicktoons while you can watch it to your hearts content on Nick.Nicktoons can use these slots to show cancelled Nicktoons they don't show very often.Despite it's flaws though i am grateful for Nicktoons network as it still serves a noble purpose to let fans keep watching there favorite shows once they're gone and beacuse of that i wish them a happy 10th anniversary over at Nicktoons Network.

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got this channel 9 years ago when my family switched to IO Digital Cable. Wonderful channel, I even remember showing uncut versions of Ren and Stimpy "Big Baby Scam" and Spongebob "Just One Bite". And just look at it now; nothing but recent stuff and a graveyard for cancelled Nicktoons. I even remember this channel showing the first 2 Robbie The Reindeer specials in 2006 with the original UK tracks and showing Tiny Toons and Animaniacs. Favorite shows on Nicktoons were Ren and Stimpy, Spongebob, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, Kappa Mikey, The Secret Show, Yakkety Yak, CatDog, Action League Now!, and Random! Cartoons (there's maybe more, I'm not sure). So, happy birthday Nicktoons Network. I got nothing else.

DuckTwacy is offline French phone.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, I used to love this channel. Watching Rocko, Ren and Stimpy, and KaBlam reruns used to be great fun, and I loved the short films in between shows. Anybody remember Spider and Fly? Astrology with Squidward? The Presentators? I could go on and on.

Sadly, the only things I really watch on the channel anymore are Invader Zim and the rare Ren and Stimpy rerun. The shorts have been done away with, but the channel has still given me loads of great memories.
    *insert another Great Piggy Bank Robbery reference here*