Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Silverbolt is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanx54 View Post
    This series continues to impress. Defintely don't have a problem with Mako hooking up with Asami, As I was never a fan of the KorraxMako pairing. Much prefer Korra with Bolin.

I'm definitely suspicious of that Tarlokk guy, I think actually could be Amon, his burned face argument could all be a lie, I didn't see Tarlokk and Amon in the same scene I recall.

While not as good as last weeks episode, I still enjoyed it.
    What would Tarlokk gain from this arrangement? Unless he's just one of those that likes watching the world burn I can't see someone leading both sides into a fight.

I think he's just a typical slimey politician who just likes being important.

It does surprise me a little that one of the more level headed of that council didn't throw out the idea of offering Amon a seat on it at some point

Neo Yi is online now Looking Good, Link!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It starts off a lot slower than last episode, but it's really worth it in the end as the culminated buildup really works for the second half. I love Korra's fear and her refusal to acknowledge it. She's likely never had to endure something of this caliber and probably not one where she couldn't solve with her physical prowess. Bending is a big part of who she is and her key solution to a problem, thus Amon taking it away IS a scary prospect in retrospect because, well, how else will she handle any issues as a result? They really emphasized it when both Tarrlok and Amon spun circles around her. They both used manipulation and games of chess to lure her in knowing this is Korra's weakness. And it worked. Both of them trapped Korra and outsmarted her. I was holding my breath thinking this would be a two-parter when Korra was captured very late in the episode, but not only was it not, it somehow manages to still drive my anticipation. Oh, god! The flashback! What's happening? Is that Sokka vs Aang? How will this be relevant to the overall plot? Was that Korra's first Avatar spiritual experience, even if it wasn't on purpose?

This show! All my feelings.

Also, I assume this still won't break the Avatar cycle since she's alive when he eventually takes away her bending (but depending on how long Amon needs to fulfill his goals, he can either let her live or kill her since the next Avatar would only be a baby while he still does his thing and who knows how far he'll have gone by the time said baby grows up).

Asami is a gorgeous lady, but her interaction with Mako was too quick and too convenient, yet there's a sense of organic growth that I liked at the same time. I am suspicious that there is something more; Mako's problem was solved way too easily and conveniently that I can't help but raise an eyebrow. However, the idea of an evil/morally ambiguous Asami seems so obvious and I have much bigger faith in the creators than that. It would be more unexpected if Asami turned out to just be who she is; daughter of a rich man and all around sweetheart. Either way, I'm keeping an eye on her.

The only other thing I want to add is the animation, specifically the clothing designs. I must have counted ten to twelve or so different outfits on multiple characters. In just one episode. Animating numerous clothing is a challenge as it is, but the fact that Asami alone goes through four different outfits is a testimony to the care and attention this show is given. Kudos.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    15 Game Meme: Day 2. Heavenly Staaaaar! It's Child of Eden!

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really good episode. Really loving this series so far. Nice to see Korra's fears explored a bit, and it was cool to see some of the old gaang as adults. One thing I like about Amon, is that he has a point. Especially with the raids Korra and her special squad were conducting on people just learning how to chi-block. Yeah, chi-blocking can hurt people, but so can bending, and I didn't her and her goons busting any bending schools.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Yi View Post
    Asami is a gorgeous lady, but her interaction with Mako was too quick and too convenient, yet there's a sense of organic growth that I liked at the same time. I am suspicious that there is something more; Mako's problem was solved way too easily and conveniently that I can't help but raise an eyebrow. However, the idea of an evil/morally ambiguous Asami seems so obvious and I have much bigger faith in the creators than that. It would be more unexpected if Asami turned out to just be who she is; daughter of a rich man and all around sweetheart. Either way, I'm keeping an eye on her.
    I agree, if Asami turned out to be a Equalist spy, it wouldn't be shocking if the audiance is expecting it. It would be what I call a front stab. It would be the opposite of Zuko's decession at the end of Book 2. I and most people were shocked when all the character development in Book 2 was seemingly thrown down the tolet.

What I might do, is while everyone paying attention to Asami, introduce another character, and have that character betrayl our heros. That is how you do good mysteries.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456