Quantcast
    Ed Liu is online now Grumpy Gorilla
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Toon Zone Talkback - "Wild Grinders": Amateur Hour

Like This Thread!
    This is the talkback thread for "Wild Grinders": Amateur Hour.

Is it bad that my first thought when I saw this show was of Poochie from The Simpsons? Sounds like I was more correct than I thought. Then again, that gag is now 14 years old, so maybe the institutional memory of TV writers just isn't that long.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"...ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."
    -- Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

Maxie Zeus is offline Upside Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually, the show is so amateurish that I'm not even sure "TV writers" got within breathing distance of the scripts.

It's like an Ed Wood movie. Everything is so painfully off that disbelief never even gets established before it's broken.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, the trailers looked very terrible, so I'm not surprised by the outcome. Really, Nicktoons? And you were doing so well quality wise, too...
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

firecrouch is offline A Pimp of Science!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's like a return to American cartoon industry mentality of the '80s in a way.

Maybe if this bombs Nicktoons will be more careful about picking quality show rather than what's "cool" and "hip"

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ...And people beat up on people like me for liking Kick Buttowski, despite all its faults... At least that show feels like a freakin' cartoon!!

I could tell from just looking at the concept art that this is a regime trying to recapture everything wrong with 80's animation in general - specifically the fact that it feels like a toy commercial put out by a committee whose only goal is to rip people off!

I know for a fact Rocket Power is far better than this noise - and Rocket Power isn't my cup of tea at all!

..And for the record, I haven't even seen this show. But I'm still going to put it through crap for being just as bad as it looks and sounds in execution, considering this comes off as Rocket Power Lite - created to appeal to what's hip and cool, rather than be something worth remembering as a contribution to this dying Western animation industry...!
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png

A better future for everyone (who loves their animation like family) lies in not invoking this triforce in any way, shape, or form....

MetroSparkster is offline ...has nothing to say.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a chance to see this yesterday, but as interesting as it looked, I guess it just didn't click for me.

I can't really explain why. I'll try again next week, but I may not hang on to it soon.

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't even know how Rob Dyrdek and crew got this to be a TV show. I thought it was relegated to Kabillion forever...
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita