Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    tinybrain is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    The theory of Amon being related to Bolin and Mako but I think it's a little to obvious, my best guess is that Amon is secretly a bender himself..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just read someone's theory on tumblr. They said they think it might be Lee from "Zuko Alone" interesting idea, don't think its correct but its interesting.

ZiK88 is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lee

In my opinion, and it all makes sense is that Amon is Lee, http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Lee. He lived in a farm with his parents and had some firebenders there that could be really angry with what happend with Zuko... he would be really old... but hey King Bumi was like 100 years old and he still kicked ass... xD. What do u guys think?

ZiK88 is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Travis View Post
    I just read someone's theory on tumblr. They said they think it might be Lee from "Zuko Alone" interesting idea, don't think its correct but its interesting.
    I agree with that theory, he lived in a farm, he had some firebenders around that could be very pissed after the mess Zuko made... the only con is his age... but hey King Bumi was like 100 years old and he still kicked ass XD!

ferrisjso is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That theory makes a lot of sense.It's only 70 years after A TLA and that kid was less than ten right?So that would make him in his seventys or eightys and in the Avatar universe being old is hardly a cripple for a powerful warrior.Now this theory probably won't happen like most theorys on these kinds of things but it certaintly makes more sense than the other ones i've heard except that Amon is telling the truth and really was just someone who got his face burned by a firebender.I just can't see that being the case though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like Marvelmans idea about a Koh tie in. I don't find it likely but it's possible. Koh does mention say to Aang "we'll meet again Avatar" in the first show, and there never was a second meeting. I always thought that was just something they were going to do and had to write out of the story later on. However, it's entirely possible that when he said "we'll meet again" he was refering to another physical reincarntion of the Avatar.

I really doubt that Amon is Koh, if there was a tie in perhaps Amon is someone whose face was stolen by Koh. A trip to the spirit world could explain a missing face and mysterious spirit bending powers, that no one else seems to have. We also know that Koh has a long standing feud with the Avatar.

That's a possibility, unlikely but it's an idea. Either way I hope that they do bring Koh back in some way. That would be very cool, and a classy move.

Lavenderpaw is offline Essense Of Love
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Crap, what if Amon is AANG? Maybe baldy faked his own death, cheated the Avatar Cycle and was able to regenerate back into a younger version of himself. I thought only he and the turtle lion guy could take bending away.
    Lavender... it's not violet (blue wouldn't have it) and it aint royal. But it's still purple.

Hordesman is offline slashor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderpaw
    Crap, what if Amon is AANG? Maybe baldy faked his own death, cheated the Avatar Cycle and was able to regenerate back into a younger version of himself. I thought only he and the turtle lion guy could take bending away.
    Thematically, I think it is connected to Aang. He brought this bending removal power into the world and like any weapon it can be used by either side. I can see this being represented by Amon being one of Aang's kids although if we find out Mako and Bolin had an older brother... Yeah...

And another thought... Could blood bending reverse chi-blocking or even create bending abilities? I'm also curious if Korra marries into Mako and Bolin's family, if the children could bend more than one element? Um yeah, lol

Ed Liu is offline Grumpy Gorilla
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My new theory (advanced in the episode 4 recap) is that Amon is related to the trouble that Councilman Tarrlok mentioned in that episode. I think Amon is related to the person who Aang took down, if he is not the same person, and that Aang used his spirit-bending again to take away his bending and neutralize his threat. I do think that's Sokka in the dream, which also makes me think that he's connected to the trouble somehow. If Amon is connected directly to anybody in the last series, I think it's him even more after seeing those quickie scenes.

Unless that's not actually Sokka in those bits. But I guess we'll see soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordesman View Post
    And another thought... Could blood bending reverse chi-blocking or even create bending abilities? I'm also curious if Korra marries into Mako and Bolin's family, if the children could bend more than one element? Um yeah, lol
    I think straight waterbending healing techniques could reverse chi-blocking, since I remember seeing chi points on the dummy that they used in the season 1 episode where Katara was learning how to be a healer. I don't think bloodbending could create bending abilities since bloodbending is about manipulating what's already in there. Spirit-bending is fundamentally above all the elements and is about adding or subtracting something from a person. Bloodbending is shifting cash from one bank account to another; spirit-bending is making a deposit or a withdrawal.

Also, judging by the way Aang and Katara's kids turned out, I'd say that the only way Korra's kids would be able to bend multiple elements is if one of them was the Avatar. How someone has bending ability isn't well-defined and isn't even clearly understood by the people in the world, but the rule of "the Avatar is the only one who can bend more than one element" is inviolate.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

Zorkel567 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Reposting from the "And the Winner Is..." thread:

I really think the guy Aang defeated, Yakone, is Amon. My guess is that Aang took away Yakone's bending, then Yakone got mad, has a "realization" in which he realizes non-benders are being oppressed, discovered a way to take away beding, and now has become Amon.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast