Bryan is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

T.U.F.F. Puppy "Monkey Business / Diary of a Mad Cat" Talkback [4/21/12]

Like This Thread!

#125 - "Monkey Business / Diary of a Mad Cat"

Premieres: Saturday, April 21 at 12:30pm ET/PT on Nickelodeon
    Encores: Click here for updates

When Birdbrain attempts to kidnap the latest boy band sensation, the Hunky Monkeys, it's up to the gang at TUFF to keep them safe. The only problem is Dudley can't stand them! In an attempt to learn more about Kitty, Dudley accidentally sends her diary out in a mass email to everyone in Petropolis. Now that all the villains know Kitty's weaknesses, they easily defeat her. Dudley has to convince Kitty that she's super awesome no matter who knows what about her!

Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't understand why they are airing this after Power Rangers Samurai when they could have used the 11:30 timeslot after Korra to Premeire it. Another thing that puzzles me is that there was NO promotion for this. I just found out about this today.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

ferrisjso is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TUFF Puppy was supposed to air at 11.30 this morning after the Korra episode premiere.Instead Fred The Show came on instead.At 2.30 this afternoon the new episode was supposed to show again Fred was on again.Is Nick even trying to get ratings for their premiere?Not only do they air a premiere in the morning but they don't even show it.Remember when Nick used to air all the new eps of their top nicktoons on friday ya now to so more people could actually watch it.This is just another example of Nick putting more emphasis on Live Action than Nicktoons by filling prime time with Live Action and relgating new nicktoon premieres to the morning.Even A LOK was airing in the morning and that's there new show which had it's premiere genrate 4.5 million nielsen viewers!Tuff Puppy is supposed to be the second highest viewed childrens tv show behind Spongebob(last i checked)and gets good ratings for it's premieres.Ever since December of 2005 when Herb Scanell resigned most of Nicks moves don't make sense not just from a fans perspective but from a buisness view as well.No wonder Disney just supplanted Nick as No.1

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm surprised that Dudley seemed to be flirting with Kitty in the diary episode, saying he was jealous of the water delivery guy and later asking Kitty if she thought that he was handsome. It was a fun episode, none-the-less. Kitty's revelation that she has a criminal sister who seems to have caused her to develop an inferiority complex is interesting, and hopefully it won't just be a throwaway line that is never explored in the future.

However, having Bird Brain be so prominent in both episodes once again emphasizes my longstanding complaints with this series. They need to introduce five-or-six permanent villains or I think people are just going to lose interest. How many times can people hear the same jokes before they move on to another show?
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Dr. Dave is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Once again, Nick changes its schedule at the 11th hour and my DVR ends up with 30 minutes of garbage. This confirms my opinion that the programming department at Nick is depriving a village of its idiot.

Oh well, it will only be 2-3 months before the next new episode.

Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But... the episode did air. Right after Power Rangers:Samurai. Which I still don't understand why they put it there in the first place.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

FFmax is offline Poke Maniac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't even know they had a new episode today. Nick really needs to work on their advertising.
    Fan of jrpgs, anime, and cartoons.

ferrisjso is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah the episode aired but on the menu it said Tuff Puppy would air at 11.30 and again at 2.30 but in aired neither of those times and when i looked at my DVR instead i got Fred The Show.So it aired noonish probably but it did'nt even say Tuff Puppy was airing!.

Lord Beckett is offline Skepticals.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    Kitty's revelation that she has a criminal sister who seems to have caused her to develop an inferiority complex is interesting, and hopefully it won't just be a throwaway line that is never explored in the future.
    That's what I figured would probably happen. However, the episode itself was written by just Butch Hartman which means there is a stronger chance he will touch upon it again rather than if it was written by a lesser writer.

Quote Originally Posted by FFmax View Post
    I didn't even know they had a new episode today. Nick really needs to work on their advertising.
    This is also something else that baffled me. My TV guide that day didn't even show that there was a new TUFF Puppy airing.

Its very disheartening to see that even though Nick is winning viewers back with new programming, they are still botching their scheduling and promoting.