Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Aldrius is offline Arrogant Instigator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

I'm not sure, to be honest. It's kind of unanswerable question. Like every ending I can think of has some flaw with it...

Though certainly developing energybending, or at least hinting at it prior to the last couple of episodes would have been useful.

"You still race in the games, do you... guardian?.. For what!? Putting a show on for the masses are we? The young pretender!? To mend and defend... who will defend you the next time we meet!? Have your fun boy... while you can." - Megabyte

"They took everything, Bruce. My dad, my life... you. I'm not saying it's right or even sane... but it's all I have left. So either help me or get out of the way!"

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A thing I like about Legeond of Korra is that they're exploring energybending, and how to take someone's bending away.
    After energybending was revealed in the last episode of TLA, I was hoping more will be revealed in the sequel series.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Gold Starz is offline "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    A thing I like about Legeond of Korra is that they're exploring energybending, and how to take someone's bending away.
    After energybending was revealed in the last episode of TLA, I was hoping more will be revealed in the sequel series.
    Amon isn't energybending.

FriendlyMushroom is offline ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's possible. What else could take away bending permanently?
    I AM ASSUMING CONTROL OF THIS FORM.

ferrisjso is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amons new power probably is energy bending.Remeber in the Avatar world not many people actually know what energy bending is it's just some legendnary thing that Aaang used to beat the Fire Lord a long time ago.So to them the ability to take someones bending away is something new and not everyone probably knows the details of how Aang beath Ozai for example do we know the details of what happened in battles in ww2 or ww1 EXACTLY if theres no record to confirm it and last i checked there was'nt a huge crowd watching the fight.Amons whole story about the spirits giving him the power to take someones bending away pernamnetly is odviously propaganda so Amon probably just found a way to discover Energybending he is the leader of the equalists so something to weaken benders would be something he would certaintly pursue.The only mystery is how he learned this power but that will probably revealed in time,Remember this is Avatar were taking about here the continuity heavy show that answers most of our questions in dramatic fasion.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyMushroom View Post
    It's possible. What else could take away bending permanently?
    I think that it's more likely that Amon is using an advanced chi blocking technique that makes people think that they've lost their bending powers when it's just deeply suppressed. It didn't look too similar to what happened to Aang when he performed energybending in the finale.

FriendlyMushroom is offline ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amon pressed the same point on the forehead, and Zolt got the same look in his eyes as Ozai did, he slumped to the ground the same as Ozai, and limply lunged at Amon the same way Ozai lunged at Aang.
    I AM ASSUMING CONTROL OF THIS FORM.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyMushroom View Post
    Amon pressed the same point on the forehead, and Zolt got the same look in his eyes as Ozai did, he slumped to the ground the same as Ozai, and limply lunged at Amon the same way Ozai lunged at Aang.
    There's still a couple of major differences though. For starters, neither of their bodies glowed like Aang and Ozai's bodies did and Aang also looked a bit wiped out after performing energy bending, although the fight probably contributed to that as well. Plus, I think Amon only pressed one of the points Aang pressed on Ozai. Given those differences and how that story about the spirits is a lie, I don't think that's the same thing as energy bending and it would make more sense if it was a more advanced chi block technique. It would explain why Zolt and those other benders were weak after Amon supposedely took their bending away and since it would be a more advanced move than what normal chi blockers use, it could have a stronger or more lasting effect on people.

Crimsonshdw is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember reading somewhere that they had the idea at the start of the series so no i dont think its Dues ex machina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonshdw
    I remember reading somewhere that they had the idea at the start of the series so no i dont think its Dues ex machina
    They did have the idea at the start of the series. But that makes no difference. It doesn't matter when they came up with it, it still came out of nowhere in the series finale.

Aquadementia is online now Mutant Snow Goons!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Far from being a cop out or something thrown together at the last minute, this is what the entire series was building up to from the first episode.

Aang was traveling around the world the entire series learning new bending skills.
    He mastered all the elements. Other people have mastered single elements and it's like they each had a piece of the puzzle. But you put all the pieces together and sure, he has lots of skills, but they still don't give the big picture. There is still something missing to really explain where these poweres come from or who the heck the Avatar is.

If he was willing to compromise and do what everyone expected him to do he could have just stopped there.
    But to really square his powers and duties with his morals he needed to find that last piece, which was spirit bending.

To me, this is what all the mysteries about bending and all his moral conflicts during the whole series were about.

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2