Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness" Week of Premieres Talkback [4/02-4/06]

Like This Thread!

#115 - Love Stings
    Original Premiere Date: Monday, April 02 at 5:30 p.m. ET/PT
    Po tries to get his father a girlfriend, but changes his mind when Mr. Ping reveals he already has a girlfriend. Unfortunately, she isn’t exactly Po’s favorite person.

#116 - Hall of Lame
    Original Premiere Date: Tuesday, April 03 at 5:30 p.m. ET/PT
    Po has to find an awesome trophy for the Hall of Heroes or risk being humiliated in front of the entire village at the upcoming Warrior Festival.

#121 - Father Crime
    Original Premiere Date: Wednesday, April 04 at 5:30 p.m. ET/PT
    When Shifu’s father returns to the Jade Palace, Po thinks the family reunion will be so sweet. He soon learns that Shifu and his father don’t get along.

#125 - Monkey in the Middle
    Original Premiere Date: Thursday, April 05 at 5:30 p.m. ET/PT
    There’s a crime wave sweeping the Valley of Peace, but Po’s enthusiasm for busting crime takes a hit when he discovers that the culprit might be Monkey.

#201 - Kung Fu Day Care
    Original Premiere Date: Friday, April 06 at 5:30 p.m. ET/PT
    Tigress must babysit a child who has been separated from his parents.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    • Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    • Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not bad. I'm looking forward to Monkey in the Middle and Kung Fu Daycare actually sounds better than I thought it would. Might be really sweet with Tigress being an orphan and all. Nick's still jumping around in episode order though, such a shame.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King9 View Post
    ...and Kung Fu Daycare actually sounds better than I thought it would. Might be really sweet with Tigress being an orphan and all.
    I agree. Hopefully it won't disappoint. I just hope Nickelodeon knows what it's doing with these week of premieres. Apparently, a second week of premieres, with five new episodes, is scheduled for later on in the month as well. I prefer watching the episodes as soon as possible, so the fan in me doesn't mind, but it just doesn't seem like good business sense. Wouldn't they be better served stretching the episodes out and airing them alongside new episodes of Korra? Nickelodeon doesn't seem to believe re-runs hurt a block's ratings, but it seems inevitable that they do.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel the same about the episode schedule. Additionally it's not like I'm made of time. Some days it's hard to be around for the new episode and then I have to wait for a rerun. I'd much prefer one episode a week, but Nick will do what they will.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I enjoyed Love Stings a lot. There were a few good laughs, seeing Po with his dad was pretty touching, and James Hong was great as always. I felt Po was largely in accordance with his film self here. What I don't like is the running gag of Tigress not understanding humor. It undoes her character development from the movies. Maybe it's just my fan gripe. Overall a nice episode though.

I thought the premise of Hall of Lame was cool and there were a few really funny laughs. I loved the Ox guy (who had an entirely Anglican sounding name like Henry ) with the sword. Episode kind of dragged in the middle but the choreography, great as always, kept me hanging on. And I was curious about what was special about this stuffed animal. S'aright episode.

Father Crime was really good. Man everything was tight I thought. Pacing, characters, choreography, writing. I love Fung and the crocs. I don't love Tong Fo (AKA Ancient Chinese Chris Walken). Good emotional scenes for the show finally. Shifu with Po, Po with Tigress. And how about that background for Shifu! "Why was he such a bad father to Tai Lung." Oh, because he never had a suitable father figure to learn from (I imagine). "Why did Shifu opt to raise Tai Lung?" he was left on the exact same steps of the Jade palace as a kid and must have felt for him. However the ages are confusing me. Shifu's father must be ancient because Shifu is at least 60.
    This episode restored my hope for the show. Season finale tomorrow and Season Two starts Friday, woo.

Sorry about the double post. I was told by another mod it's not so bad given I leave time between posts.
    Last edited by King9; 04-04-2012 at 08:56 PM.

MetroSparkster is offline ...has nothing to say.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kung Fu Day Care is certainly heartwarming around its second half, especially seeing little Tigress.

Toons4ever is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked today's episode, it show a lighter side to Tigress, instead of her always look grouchy and hitting Po for some reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the episodes this week, particularly the season two premiere, but I'm extremely disappointed by how underused Viper has been in the show. I'm not sure if that is a by-product of having Lucy Liu voice the character, or if there are various production issues that I'm not aware of, but it's getting to be ridiculous. The upcoming week of premieres that is scheduled - if it stays scheduled - doesn't seem to involve Viper at all. Crane gets another episode, which is good, but nothing for Viper.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Monkey in the Middle was nice. I like episodes that aren't entirely based around Po. Did anyone see who it was next to the peach tree at the very end of the episode. I thought it was Monkey's brother, but couldn't make it out. I love learning more about the Furious Five so this was a nice episode for me.

Kung Fu Daycare
    was pretty sweet in the second half. The beginning was rough because I hate the 'Tigress doesn't know how to feel' angle. She can feel it's just really hard for her to show emotion (thanks Shifu). I love the 'everyone mistakes tigress for a man joke' though. And seeing cub Tigress is always adorable, they even had the same orphanage from Secrets of The Furious Five. I love the Croc Bandits. Hilariously inept.

Can't wait for that Crane episode. I noticed Viper not getting any screen time too Huntsman. I figured it was a production issue, but who knows.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not like Viper was onscreen much in the movie either .

The reason she's not in the show much is because it's Lucy Liu playing her. So it's probably harder to work around her acting schedule.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    The reason she's not in the show much is because it's Lucy Liu playing her. So it's probably harder to work around her acting schedule.
    Then what are they paying her for? They aren't trying to use her to promote the show; no commercials or press releases have made it their mission to namedrop her. It doesn't make sense. I'd rather have another imitator if it meant the character got more lines, and kids wouldn't even notice the difference.

Villano is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    Then what are they paying her for? They aren't trying to use her to promote the show; no commercials or press releases have made it their mission to namedrop her. It doesn't make sense. I'd rather have another imitator if it meant the character got more lines, and kids wouldn't even notice the difference.
    I honestly didn't even know that Liu was doing the voice when the series began. I assumed it was Kelly Hu. Now I wish they had just gotten Hu so we could actually see some Viper on the show.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That would explain why Viper isn't getting much screen time. Do we know for a fact the reason is because working around Liu is so difficult and not something else?

Vaporleaf is offline POed panda fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like we'll see Peng again, but strangely in an episode called "Tigress Tale", according to TVGuide.com. Maybe they got the titles mixed up?

And yes, Viper has been pretty neglected so far... Sometimes I seriously doubt that's Lucy Liu voicing her all the time.

Master Toon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Three things caught my attention in Kung-Fu Day Care:

- When Mantis said that Po had the mind of a child, Po never reacted to it. He just said "yup". I'm wondering if a scene with Po retaliating to Mantis was cut or if they just didn't decide to go that route. The next scene did seem to pop up suddenly.

- Tigress' flashback to Master Shifu seems to be the opposite of what the first movie told. I thought Shifu was reluctant to get close to another young student (even if they showed potential).

- Tigress seemed to be more motivated when she found out the kid was a prince. Did anyone else spot that?

Vaporleaf is offline POed panda fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious how Tigress' memory of a nice, encouraging Shifu contrasts with her flashback of him being stern and distant from the film.

Either it was a rare thing for him to be in a good mood, or he became more stern and harsh as time went on. In the episode young Tigress messed up, but in the film she did something right, so maybe Shifu became distant as she became more skilled and reminded him more of Tai Lung. That, or the LoA writers didn't want to confuse people who hadn't seen the film and/or didn't want to present Shifu in a bad light. Regardless, it's certainly a plothole for those who have seen the film.

What's more, these recent episodes about Tigress seeing Shifu as her father figure makes that comment about her having a crush on him when she was a teen even more awkward... O__o

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I guess those episodes that were supposed to be today and this week aren't anymore. At least today's episode was replaced with Spongebob and I don't see any new ep for tomorrow.

I can't think of a way around the kind Shifu flashback. My initial thought was 'What if Shifu raised Tigress and Tai Lung for a brief overlapping time.' We have no reason to believe Shifu was as callous as he was in Tigress' movie flashback before Tai Lung. When Shifu picks Tigress up from the orphanage in SotFF he seems stern, but not cold. Maybe he brought her back after he already began with Tai Lung allowing for Tigress to have those happy memories and know that he used to smile.