Search the Site:
Follow Us:

View Poll Results: Which option would you rather prefer Dreamworks to take?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Season 1 of "Monsters Vs. Aliens: The Series"

11 61.11%
  • Season 4 of "The Penguins of Madagascar"

7 38.89%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    TAS257 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Monsters vs. Aliens: The Series" News & Discussion Thread

Like This Thread!

Just thought I'd start off a thread for the new series that was confirmed that it is currently in production. The offical press relase has this to say about the show:

"Monsters vs. Aliens, the all-new animated television series marking the third partnership between Nickelodeon and DreamWorks Animation. Green-lit for 26 episodes and based on the popular characters from the 2009 blockbuster hit feature film ($383 million worldwide gross); the new series will continue to follow the funny escapades of the beloved, well-meaning monsters."
    Source: http://www.toonzone.net/news/article...s-every-genre/

I know it's not that much but here's looking forward to some more information on this show. Any further speculation is appreciated.

athanlao93 is offline Someone lost and found.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's something that I can confirm:

Executive Producers Mark McCorkle, Bob Schooley and most of the Penguins of Madagascar team will be working on Monsters vs. Aliens. This makes sense, as production on Penguins is drawing to a close. Also, Bob Schooley tweeted about working on Monsters.
    Last edited by athanlao93; 03-21-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    "I'd say this problem needs a fat serving of cold, hard science!" -Kowalski

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athanlao93 View Post
    Executive Producers Mark McCorkle, Bob Schooley and most of the Penguins of Madagascar team will be working on Monsters vs. Aliens. This makes sense, as production on Penguins is drawing to a close. Also, Bob Schooley tweeted about working on Monsters.
    I don't understand the logic behind all of this. Monsters vs. Aliens is now a dated property, and it wasn't even immensely successful to begin with or it would have gotten sequels. It seems like they would be better off just ordering another season of Penguins.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

TAS257 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athanlao93 View Post
    Here's something that I can confirm:

That's great news. The Penguins of Madagascar was a great series. It had pretty good writers (some were excellent) and great animation. All in all, I am extremely glad this show is being left in such good hands. Really looking forward to this one now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    I don't understand the logic behind all of this. Monsters vs. Aliens is now a dated property, and it wasn't even immensely successful to begin with or it would have gotten sequels. It seems like they would be better off just ordering another season of Penguins.
    Very good point. I suppose it is all up to whethor viewers want to try something diferent from TPOM. Plus, it musn't have been entirely bad, seeing as they though they are still realsing shorts based on the movie. BTW isn't there a limit to how many episodes they can have, and if yes, then I would think after 3 seasons they would have reached the limit.

TAS257
    Last edited by TAS257; 03-21-2012 at 07:40 PM.

athanlao93 is offline Someone lost and found.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    I agree: they would be better off ordering another season of Penguins. But, I suppose that since Nickelodeon has already ordered production on the Monsters series back in 2009, they had no choice but to fulfill that order. And despite the ratings and awards that Penguins won, I guess that DreamWorks had no choice but to end it to free up resources for Monsters. Which again, doesn't make sense, considering the success of the Madagascar franchise vs. the Monsters series.
    "I'd say this problem needs a fat serving of cold, hard science!" -Kowalski

TAS257 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, so I decided to place up a poll to see what people thought of Dreamworks decision to finish off TPOM and go for MVA. However when I submitted the poll, both of the options came up blank. They were origionally as follows:
    - Season 1 of "Monsters Vs. Aliens: The Series"
    - Season 4 of "The Pegnuins of Madagacar"

I even previwed the poll before I press submit and it was fine. Now I can't seem to edit it at all. Anyone got any ideas on how to edit a poll? Thanks.

TAS257

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Isn't There Still one More Season Left

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't there at least one new season left. I mean in the Nickelodeon 2012 upfront The Penguins Of Madagascar was listed as returning with new episodes. Plus I know there are still 11 un-aired episode of season 2.

TAS257 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeLover5816 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but isn't there at least one new season left. I mean in the Nickelodeon 2012 upfront The Penguins Of Madagascar was listed as returning with new episodes. Plus I know there are still 11 un-aired episode of season 2.
    Yep, there is a season 3 confirmened for TPOM. So the way I think it is going to go is that they will finish this last season for the TPOM, it's not sure how long they have left but I will presume that they finish this year, and then they will move onto the 'Monsters Vs. Aliens' series. However I am not 100% on this, this is just the first logical explanation that came to me.

TAS257

Infusions is offline Showers in Spokane
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have no problem with this. As a viewer, it's nice to get new shows on TV instead of just running off of older-running ones.

Plus, I've grown to like the MvA character from the shorts more than the Penguin ones. I feel like their series has potential for much more interesting storylines.When I heard about Penguins awhile back, I was like, "What the heck will the episodes be about?", but I can imagine perfectly what type of stuff MvA will have. Seems like it'll be a nice comedy/action addition to the show.

Just slight concern about budget stuff. I wonder how characters like BOB will look and move, I heard awhile back, he was kind of a complicated character to animate.

Also, this gives a glimmer of hope to any Megamind fans who hope for a series one day. If this MvA series was pre-planned back BEFORE DW lost interest, then the glimmer is gone. But if it was a decision made after they said they said interest, then the glimmer shines on.
    DORK.

simpsonsfan is offline Froakie - Bubble Frog Pokemon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's too bad Penguins of Madagascar and Monsters vs. Aliens can't exist together. I think Nickelodeon should save some new episodes of Penguins just in case MvA fails and they need to replace it. Of course if MvA does well I'll have to accept Penguins is no more. I just hope I like a MvA tv show as much as I did the movie.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Infusions View Post
    I have no problem with this. As a viewer, it's nice to get new shows on TV instead of just running off of older-running ones.

Plus, I've grown to like the MvA character from the shorts more than the Penguin ones. I feel like their series has potential for much more interesting storylines.When I heard about Penguins awhile back, I was like, "What the heck will the episodes be about?", but I can imagine perfectly what type of stuff MvA will have. Seems like it'll be a nice comedy/action addition to the show.

Just slight concern about budget stuff. I wonder how characters like BOB will look and move, I heard awhile back, he was kind of a complicated character to animate.

Also, this gives a glimmer of hope to any Megamind fans who hope for a series one day. If this MvA series was pre-planned back BEFORE DW lost interest, then the glimmer is gone. But if it was a decision made after they said they said interest, then the glimmer shines on.
    Hmmm didn't thought BOB would be difficult to animated but they might come up with something to make it easier but at the same time that really shows they put some effort into the animation.

I can see a Megamind series but i do hope they have alot of supervillains which kinda surprise me of the movie, i mean was Megamind the only villain who wanted to take Metrocity aside of Titan? i would have imaging him having competition with other villains.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

ferrisjso is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really don't like CGI cartoons i much prefer 2d and like the idea of CGI cartoons being spun off movies even less as (with a few exceptions)it takes the originality out of watching cartoons.However if Nick is going to go this road which it has been as of late at least pick good movies to make seriesout of.Despite only watching a few episodes TPOM seems to be really enetertaining and caught on well because the Madagascar franschise caught on well and it's pretty funny.MVA meanwhile does'nt have a large enough fan base to succeed and like most CGI Nicktoons in the last few years will probably crash and burn after one low quality season.I would take TPOM over MVA any day however it really is time for POM to end as it has had more episodes than any other CGI Nicktoon EVER with one hundred something now while no other CGI Nicktoon has even hit 80.Most shows CGI or not can only dream of 100 eps including many that i feel are much better than TPOM but i feel like TPOM is way better than MVA.Maybe MVA will prove the naysayers wrong but somehow looking at most CGI Nicktoons and especially CGI Nicktoons based of movies it does'nt look good.If this is the end for TPOM it's had a great run and was a pretty good show but no cartoon lasts forever(except Spongebob apparently).

Stimpy! is offline Big Dog FTW
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't wait to see this series. I loved the movie, and I also like POM and K-FP. I have no problem if the Penguins ends because of this if MvA is a good series.

Superjail lover.

LDEJRuff is offline I'll be back...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder what the animation style is going to be like? Is it going to be traditionally-animated, Flash-animated, or CGI-animated like the film?

Happy 15th, Family Guy

ferrisjso is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm 99.9% sure it will be in CGI since the movie was.ALL Nicktoons thus far spun off a movie have been CGI.(Penguins,Jimmy Nuetron,Kung Fu Panda,Barnyard)if i'm missing anything let me know but i'm assuming it will be CGI that's what Dreamworks does mainly.

Master Toon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To people who don't understand why they're doing this: Money, characters that can create a brand and money.

I really don't care why they're doing it. It's worth it to see Ginormica again. Besides there's not nearly enough fanart of her. I counted 33, maybe 34 pictures of her.

TAS257 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Toon View Post
    To people who don't understand why they're doing this: Money, characters that can create a brand and money.

I really don't care why they're doing it. It's worth it to see Ginormica again. Besides there's not nearly enough fanart of her. I counted 33, maybe 34 pictures of her.
    I know, I don't care what the reason is eithor, I think a lot of Dreamworks latest movies should get a spin-off series. Plus, I'm pretty sure this show will also be in CGI but we might have to wait and see what occurs.

TAS257

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never saw Aliens V. Monsters, but it looks like it could be well suited to the small screen. I don't know how Penguins has been lately, but I've heard good things about it also. Whatever they choose I just hope it goes well. I know they've been skating on thin ice and I want to see Kung Fu Panda 3+ in the future!
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

Master Toon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King9 View Post
    I never saw Aliens V. Monsters, but it looks like it could be well suited to the small screen. I don't know how Penguins has been lately, but I've heard good things about it also. Whatever they choose I just hope it goes well. I know they've been skating on thin ice and I want to see Kung Fu Panda 3+ in the future!
    I'm not good at describing films to people so all I can say is that it was better than expected. The trailers (as usual) just highlighted the goofy/lighthearted stuff but it has a solid storyline and it even has a superhero feel to it once things start moving along. I say it's definitely at least worth renting, Netflixing or watching OnDemand.

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Toon View Post
    I'm not good at describing films to people so all I can say is that it was better than expected. The trailers (as usual) just highlighted the goofy/lighthearted stuff but it has a solid storyline and it even has a superhero feel to it once things start moving along. I say it's definitely at least worth renting, Netflixing or watching OnDemand.
    Oh, after seeing how they bastardized the trailers for KFP and Puss in Boots I never trust DreamWorks trailers. I'd be down for checking out M v. A though, don't see anything about it I would dislike.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast