Search the Site:
Follow Us:

View Poll Results: Which option would you rather prefer Dreamworks to take?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Season 1 of "Monsters Vs. Aliens: The Series"

11 61.11%
  • Season 4 of "The Penguins of Madagascar"

7 38.89%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Ed Liu is offline Come to our macaroni party
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Hey, who wants a trailer? Raise your hands.

“Monsters vs. Aliens” TV Series Trailer Released, Series Premiere Set for April 6, 2013

(OK, put your hands down. You can't click the link above to watch the trailer with your hands up like that.)

Also confirmation that the series premiere is set for April 6, 2013, with a sneak preview episode airing after the Kids' Choice Awards on March 23.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

Blipsy is offline Tara's been a bad girl
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, that animation is really bad. When I first saw the picture of Susan on the official website, I thought somebody must have uploaded a really early rendering of her by mistake. Then I saw the trailer...Wow. I obviously never expected the animation to be as good as the movie or even "Riders Of Berk", but the human characters in old "Penguins Of Madagascar" episodes look better.

The new voice for BOB sounds annoying and doesn't even sound much like Seth Rogen. I can't say this series seems very promising, even though I liked the movie.

Shawn Hopkins is online now TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They really did cheap out on the animation and modeling for this one. Everybody looks a little too smooth and shiny and the human characters looked especially stiff. Now, good scripts could make up for it, but there's no way to judge that because this trailer is so focused on that annoying "BOOOBBBB!" joke.

This is one of my favorite Dreamworks movies and I really like the characters, especially Susan, so I want this to be good. Fingers crossed.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why Susan is in her normal size, shouldn't she be a giant? Probably they will explained that later. Anyway yeah the animation does look kinda cheap, just hope the writing would save it.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_of_doom View Post
    Why Susan is in her normal size, shouldn't she be a giant? Probably they will explained that later. Anyway yeah the animation does look kinda cheap, just hope the writing would save it.
    If she's big all of the time, she could just obliterate any of the villains. It's not really a practical power, as not all of the villains can also be giants. My only concern is that she will now be useless if her powers aren't activated. Hopefully they give her some sort of weapon. I just hope that this show is a half-hour long instead of divided up into two like most shows. I don't think I've heard anything on that front yet, or if I did, I've completely forgotten it.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Shawn Hopkins is online now TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The big question of the show is whether it'll get the mix of action and comedy right. If we spend all of our time watching Bob eat various "wacky' things, then, yeah, not so good. There's also a bit of pathos to the monsters, even to Susan, and I hope that isn't lost.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    The big question of the show is whether it'll get the mix of action and comedy right. If we spend all of our time watching Bob eat various "wacky' things, then, yeah, not so good. There's also a bit of pathos to the monsters, even to Susan, and I hope that isn't lost.
    I asked Mr. Schooley about the episode length on twitter and he said that it's like The Penguins Of Madagascar, with each episode being eleven minutes long and a heavy emphasis on comedy. I suspect it will be a lot like T.U.F.F. Puppy, with the action merely serving to advance the plot, but I hope that it avoids the monotony that T.U.F.F. Puppy has. Monsters vs. Aliens seems to have four main villains instead of T.U.F.F. Puppy's three, but if they show up over and over, with two episodes per "episode", they'll get old very quick. Shows like this, even as just comedies, need a large gallery of villains so that these problems are avoided.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I haven't seen the movie before, but I just saw the trailer a little bit ago. The monsters look okay, but Susan looks pretty bad. I've heard good things about the movie and I might check that out, but the trailer really didn't do anything to make me watch the show with Bob shouting out his name in a loud and annoying voice. The fact that it's going to be focused primarily on comedy and the Bob joke is the first thing that they focused on in the trailer doesn't really make me inclined to check out the series when it premieres. I might, but it looks pretty unlikely right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In addition to what I was told above, he told me that the episodes aren't really villain based. If that's true, then it might not be like T.U.F.F. Puppy. But that poses other problems because the show is called Monsters vs. Aliens. It seems like the premise is set up to be villain based, with the monsters fighting the aliens and what-have-you. That's what I expected this show to be like. If it's just an eleven minute comedy that doesn't focus on villains... why even base the show on Monsters vs. Aliens at all? It seems like they could get what they want just by making new characters in a new universe. It doesn't exactly set my mind at ease. I suppose we'll have to see what these non-villain based plots are like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

StellaMagic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What I like to know is who is Coverton's boss? Could it be one of the Gallaxhar clones or a truly evil alien?

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess this show proves one thing. Add the showrunners of Kim Possible to a cartoon, and you'll get good results.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    I guess this show proves one thing. Add the showrunners of Kim Possible to a cartoon, and you'll get good results.
    Perhaps. I think people would prefer them to get back into an action-comedy, however. The first episode was an exception. All of the others will be eleven minutes long, and won't usually have much action.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3