Quantcast
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Monsuno kind of came out of nowhere for me. So is it any good? I caught the end of an episode today. Some of the voices were very obnoxious, but others were decent. The humor was kind of up my alley, the action wasn't bad, and I thought the animation was great for a 'mon show. Also something about a giant ice-polar bear jives with me.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

FFmax is offline Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King9 View Post
    Monsuno kind of came out of nowhere for me. So is it any good? I caught the end of an episode today. Some of the voices were very obnoxious, but others were decent. The humor was kind of up my alley, the action wasn't bad, and I thought the animation was great for a 'mon show. Also something about a giant ice-polar bear jives with me.
    I don't think the voices are that bad, plus it has some the best action in a monster show I have ever seen. I think it's pretty good and a main character having a giant badass polar bear is always a plus in my book.
    Fan of jrpgs, anime, and cartoons.

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm intrigued by the quality animation and monster designs. I just realized i don't have Nicktoons at school, but next time I'm home I'll check it out for sure.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So the opening theme is performed by Far East Movement, the group who turned (content warning for the younger folk here, viewer discretion for language and all that jazz) Dev's mediocre song into a club smash in the summer of 2010 made this...

I'm ... uh ... wut

Far East Movement on the collaboration:

"We had a great time creating the unique theme song for Monsuno and we think kids are going to love it! We love what we have seen of the animated show and can't wait to get our hands on the toys."
    This is kind of a bizarre mix here. Far East Movement's fans may be a bit too old to be interested in Monsuno, and the song itself isn't very good so the stunt performance is odd to say the least.
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita

Philmister978 is offline Alvight, you vin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Takao View Post
    So the opening theme is performed by Far East Movement, the group who turned (content warning for the younger folk here, viewer discretion for language and all that jazz) Dev's mediocre song into a club smash in the summer of 2010 made this...

I'm ... uh ... wut

Far East Movement on the collaboration:

This is kind of a bizarre mix here. Far East Movement's fans may be a bit too old to be interested in Monsuno, and the song itself isn't very good so the stunt performance is odd to say the least.
    I knew about since I saw episode 2 on Nicktoon's website. I was just as surprised as you.
    Aw come on, you expect me to put something witty here?

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Reviving this thread to let everyone know that after after showing all of the previous episodes (so far) today, Monsuno officially returns tomorrow on Nicktoons. They're going to be premiering three new episodes straight this week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, all at 8:30 PM EDT. I just thought you should know.
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So no episode talkback threads to this week's episodes. I think tonights episodes what happened in the beginning was a dead give away about the twist. I am not going into details in order not to spoil things.

Funny that did what they did in tonight's episodes, this is something they could have done with Asami Sato in Legend Of Korra.

What animes does Monsuno remind you of. Obviously Pokemon and Digimon come to mind. Though unlike Pokemon it has story, and unlike Digimon, Monsuno is an everyday things in this universe. It kind of reminds me of Blue Dragon. Like like how the excist Monsuno is not a big deal, just like shadow whelders aren't a big deal in the Blue Dragon world, and the destined five are like the 7 desdents of light, and Storm is a destraction from the real big threat just Grand Kingdom was a destiction from the true threat in Blue Dragon.
    Last edited by zoombie; 06-01-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Dub C is offline Just a animation lovin' dude
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    What animes does Monsuno remind you of. Obviously Pokemon and Digimon come to mind. Though unlike Pokemon it has story, and unlike Digimon, Monsuno is an everyday things in this universe. It kind of reminds me of Blue Dragon. Like like how the excist Monsuno is not a big deal, just like shadow whelders aren't a big deal in the Blue Dragon world, and the destined five are like the 7 desdents of light, and Storm is a destraction from the real big threat just Grand Kingdom was a destiction from the true threat.
    That sounds about right. I would be kinda interested to see more of how the normal, everyday folks think about Monsuno's and STORM.

Anyways, I was unaware the show was on all week, as I only watch the one last night. It's still a nice/okay show to watch. It could benefit from a stronger script, but I think the show is far from terrible. If there's one thing that amuses me about the show, is how Karen Strassman seems to play every female on this show. Reminds me of Charlie Adler in Cow & Chicken & Jim Cummings back in the Disney Afternoon days.
    What has my attention in Animation RIGHT NOW:
    Hunter X Hunter (2011), One Piece, The Legend of Korra, TMNT (2012), Teen Titans Go!, Magi 2, Kill la Kill, A Certain Scientific Railgun

FFmax is offline Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thankfully I managed to record all the episode premieres on my DVR so I'll comment on them later when I get a chance to watch them.
    Fan of jrpgs, anime, and cartoons.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Despite being another Pokemon-ish show. It would be more bearable if the character's voices weren't so unbearably grating.

Toons These Days
    Now on That Guy With the Glasses.com
    New episodes return December 16!

Website | Deviantart | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon |

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast