Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    90stoonfan is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Invader Zim return rumors

Like This Thread!

I remember reading some rumors that Invader Zim was going to come back on Nickelodeon either next year or 2013 due to popular demand. Personally I doubt it because it just seems like if there was a really good show on Nick that can attract adults, they cancel it. That and the whole Bloody Gir controversy. If anyone here never heard of the Bloody Gir controversy. I guess what happened was Jhonen Vasquez and his team drew a model sample of Gir bleeding from his head and were just cracking up and was asking Nick standers if they could get away with it and Nick said absolutely NOT. So they snuck in the image on the show during it's final season in non-odvious places like a dark sky or during a wormhole special effect or something like that. They even flashed the image during the opening of the Halloween special and I guess Nick found out some how and their for canceled the show.
    Here's more info on it

Anyway, I fear that if Nick does revive Zim, it would just turn out just like what happened to Ren & Stimpy and Spongebob, the show continued without it's creator and whatever content the network felt was inappropriate for kids they tone down and therefore ruin the show.

Has anyone ever heard this rumors?

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If the link is from Wikia or Wikipedia, then it's just a rumor...

I don't see how hard this is to accept for some people that Zim is gone and better off not revived, anyway (especially because it won't be in good/good enough hands).
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really? What, are we going to do this every year?

After all these years, and all the toys and merch sold, if Nick was going to make new episodes of Invader Zim, they would've done so a long time ago.

And unless Vasquez or Nick says anything about new episodes, it's a rumor.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You guys really, the only people who can give us a clear confirmation is NICK and the creator himself, don't waste your time on stuff that you can only see at Wiki or other sites that only give false information.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's been gone for a decade and it's not coming back.

Nick doesn't want to retread old ground and Jhonen doesn't want to, either.

Sorry, but we've been over this time and time again. Now please drop it.