Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonLover View Post
    It's clear that Viacom wants more money from DirecTV. It's really sad for the costumers.

Perhaps Nick should slow down on Victorious and SpongeBob. Nick needs to put more variety shows into their weekday lineup. Winx Club, Big Time Rush, Penguins of Madagascar, Power Rangers Samurai and How to Rock could work. Heck, put Korra in the afternoon. That'll bring some good ratings.

They should do all of that after the Viacom/DirecTV dispute is over.

I also think they should air Degressi on nick@nite. But I don't know how well it'll do in ratings.

And dig in some Nicktoon classics for crying out loud.
    Hate to say it, but PR Samurai isn't exactly bringing in the best ratings for the network, even well-advertised. I think the only reason it sticks around on Nick at all is because of merchandising profits, a contract with Saban, or extra money from Saban that outshines the ratings. If that's the case, I think it's fine airing only once a week, especially considering they could put it in a much worse slot.

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonLover
    It's clear that Viacom wants more money from DirecTV. It's really sad for the costumers.

Perhaps Nick should slow down on Victorious and SpongeBob. Nick needs to put more variety shows into their weekday lineup. Winx Club, Big Time Rush, Penguins of Madagascar, Power Rangers Samurai and How to Rock could work. Heck, put Korra in the afternoon. That'll bring some good ratings.

They should do all of that after the Viacom/DirecTV dispute is over.

I also think they should air Degressi on nick@nite. But I don't know how well it'll do in ratings.

And dig in some Nicktoon classics for crying out loud.
    Since Degrassi is really TeenNick's only hit, I get the impression they want to keep it exclusive to that channel. As for Korra, 12 episodes is a bit too short for a weekday slot so soon. As for classic Nicktoons, sadly it seems they want to regulate them to the 90s Are All That, since even Nicktoons pulled them from their schedule after about a month of the block's launch. All That and Kenan & Kel airing on the main channel recently was a fluke, and it only got to air during Nick@Nite.

aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, July 14, 2012 Cable Networks only (Live + SD Data):
    Source: Disney Research from Nielsen Media Research Data
    DISNEY CHANNEL
    4.1/24 Avg. (7a-1p)
    Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 1.8/26; Doc McStuffins 2.0/23; Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 2.0/18; Jake and the Never Land Pirates 2.4/16; Phineas and Ferb 4.1/24; Phineas and Ferb 3.9/20; Phineas and Ferb 5.2/25; Fish Hooks 4.8/23; A.N.T. Farm 5.1/24; A.N.T. Farm 6.2/29; Wizards of Waverly Place 5.7/27; Wizards of Waverly Place 5.5/26
    NICKELODEON
    2.0/12 Avg. (7a-1p)
    Penguins of Madagascar 0.5/8; Penguins of Madagascar 1.0/11; Fairly OddParents 1.6/14; Fairly OddParents 1.7/12; SpongeBob SquarePants 2.8/16; SpongeBob SquarePants 3.3/17; SpongeBob SquarePants 3.3/16; SpongeBob SquarePants 3.0/14; Kung Fu Panda 2.1/10; Kung Fu Panda 1.9/9; Power Rangers Samurai 1.6/7; SpongeBob SquarePants 1.6/7
    CARTOON NETWORK
    1.5/9 Avg. (7a-1p)
    Johnny Test 1.2/17; Redakai: Conquer the Kairu 1.3/12; Beyblade: Metal Masters 1.3/12; Pokemon B&W: Rival Destinies 2.5/17; Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.5/9; Ninjago 1.8/9; The Green Lantern 1.3/6; Young Justice 1.1/5; Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo (1x90) 1.5/7; Johnny Test 2.3/11
    DISNEY XD
    1.0/6 Avg. (7a-1p)
    Suite Life of Zack & Cody 0.6/8; Ultimate Spider-Man 0.6/7; Phineas and Ferb 0.9/8; Kick Buttowski 1.0/7; Pair of Kings 1.2/7; Pair of Kings 1.1/6; So Random 1.1/5; Kickin It 1.4/7; Kick Buttowski (1x15) 1.1/6; Fish Hooks (1x15) 0.8/4; Phineas and Ferb 1.0/5; Ultimate Spider-Man 0.8/4; Ultimate Spider-Man 0.7/4.

Things are not going well for Nick...

Rex Kamex is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Various things...

As far as things like the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Nick show is concerned... while they did have much variety in the '90s on Nick, even in the late '90s they had non Nick shows like Tiny Toon Adventures and Garfield and Friends. (On a tape somewhere I have a Nick promo for a back-to-back weekday(?) line-up with an hour of Doug, and hour of Garfield, and an hour of Rocko.)

Those shows aren't what people remember most about Nickelodeon and all, but I don't think this should be completely forgotten. IMO, it'd be nice if the new TMNT series was used to buy some time while people thought of more innovative stuff to air. (And that Nick gives decent-showing stuff a chance.)

As for something to air on Nick @ Nite at 8pm... has Zoey 101 been on the Nickelodeon channel much since it got taken off after ending? It's kinda old, so it's nostalgic for some. From Season 2 onward, it's got Victoria Justice and Erin Sanders as side characters. (Well Erin Sanders is in Season 1 also.) As an added bonus, there's an ep guest starring a young Jennette McCurdy, and there's an ep guest starring Miranda Cosgrove. There are even a couple with Daniella Monet. There's a Drake Bell one in Season 1. (JLS got pregnant but I wasn't sure if they gave the show the cold shoulder soon after the last episode aired or if they just naturally ignored it since it was getting old.) Not that I'd choose Zoey 101 over All That and K&K.

Also... they chose Victorious to air at 8pm over iCarly. I know iCarly's already ended filming and the finale'll be in November and etc., but is this another sign of Victorious taking things over? (Not that it'll have much choice, come the end of November.)

And I hope the 2012 episodes of Figure It Out are promoting the less popular Nick shows well.

ALSO... I like the colorful summertime Nick logo they had. I prefer the splat logo and all, but what they did for the colors and images is really cool, imo. Reminds me of the World of Ox from Summer Wars.

MegaJ is offline Like a spring breeze.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another new show "You Gotta See This!" is debuting starring How To Rock stars. In the midst of all the stupid Viacom news, Nickelodeon is finally getting smart. I'm 99% positive Figure It Out boosted that show's ratings with the stars on the show and getting them more exposure will help. I really hope that strategy will work with the Supah Ninjas.
    YOUR CHANNEL IS WACK AND WILL NEVER BEAT NICK OR DISNEY
    Get the message CN?

Kool345 is offline Starting at 8/7c on ABC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wednesday, July 18th:

KIDS 2-11

Disney Channel - 1,201,000
    Cartoon Network - 893,000
    Nickelodeon - 649,000

KIDS 6-11

Disney Channel - 886,000
    Cartoon Network - 608,000
    Nickelodeon - 403,000

TWEENS 9-14

Disney Channel - 724,000
    Cartoon Network - 429,000
    Nickelodeon - 314,000
    MONDAY: Dancing with the Stars | Castle
    TUESDAY: Agents of SHIELD | The Goldbergs | Trophy Wife | Mind Games
    WEDNESDAY: The Middle | Suburgatory | Modern Family | Mixology | Nashville
    THURSDAY: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland | Grey's Anatomy | Scandal
    FRIDAY: Last Man Standing | The Neighbors | Shark Tank | 20/20
    SUNDAY: Once Upon a Time | Resurrection | Revenge

codyjones2105 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    Various things...

As far as things like the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Nick show is concerned... while they did have much variety in the '90s on Nick, even in the late '90s they had non Nick shows like Tiny Toon Adventures and Garfield and Friends. (On a tape somewhere I have a Nick promo for a back-to-back weekday(?) line-up with an hour of Doug, and hour of Garfield, and an hour of Rocko.)

Those shows aren't what people remember most about Nickelodeon and all, but I don't think this should be completely forgotten. IMO, it'd be nice if the new TMNT series was used to buy some time while people thought of more innovative stuff to air. (And that Nick gives decent-showing stuff a chance.)

As for something to air on Nick @ Nite at 8pm... has Zoey 101 been on the Nickelodeon channel much since it got taken off after ending? It's kinda old, so it's nostalgic for some. From Season 2 onward, it's got Victoria Justice and Erin Sanders as side characters. (Well Erin Sanders is in Season 1 also.) As an added bonus, there's an ep guest starring a young Jennette McCurdy, and there's an ep guest starring Miranda Cosgrove. There are even a couple with Daniella Monet. There's a Drake Bell one in Season 1. (JLS got pregnant but I wasn't sure if they gave the show the cold shoulder soon after the last episode aired or if they just naturally ignored it since it was getting old.) Not that I'd choose Zoey 101 over All That and K&K.

Also... they chose Victorious to air at 8pm over iCarly. I know iCarly's already ended filming and the finale'll be in November and etc., but is this another sign of Victorious taking things over? (Not that it'll have much choice, come the end of November.)

And I hope the 2012 episodes of Figure It Out are promoting the less popular Nick shows well.

ALSO... I like the colorful summertime Nick logo they had. I prefer the splat logo and all, but what they did for the colors and images is really cool, imo. Reminds me of the World of Ox from Summer Wars.
    Yes, I do remember when Nick aired Garfield and TTA, etc.

I guess my problem is that Hollywood in general is spending way too much time and money rehashing old ideas that have been done over and over and over again. TMNT was already revived 10 years ago, now it's going through yet another revival. How many more revivals does this franchise need?

The point I'm more-or-less making is that Nick needs to air some more original material - not stuff people have seen before.

I don't care for Nick's current logo at all. It's just too corporate-looking for me. They can change it up all they want but it still has a corporate feel to it.

Nick's gotten entirely too corporate and that's one of many things that's killing them right now. They need a more diverse schedule with some more decent original programming. Plain and simple.

TMNT is not going to be enough to get Nick out of the slump it's in. They have to be more willing to take chances like they used to. They're still not doing enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saturday's 1hr @SpongeBob premiere scored 3.650 million total viewers - one of the lowest rated "promoted specials" in recent memory.
    via Nick and More

ouch baby, very ouch..

Bryan is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Beckett View Post
    Saturday's 1hr @SpongeBob premiere scored 3.650 million total viewers - one of the lowest rated "promoted specials" in recent memory.
    via Nick and More

ouch baby, very ouch..
    To make it worse, Disney had the week's top 5 programs with K2-11, where SpongeBob would typically rule with special events like this, lead by Phineas and Ferb.

Can't blame the DIRECTV blackout either - it was over a full day before the SpongeBob marathon/premiere.

ZoddGuts is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Problem with Nick is that they've relied too much on Spongebob to bring in the ratings, while that worked for years, but now Spongebob is starting too wind down in the ratings. They can no longer rely on just Spongebob. While Disney have built up other shows over the years. Most recently with Gravity Falls which has turned out to be a big hit for them. They've also have a pretty decent line up on Disney XD, hate Ultimate Spider Man though. Disney has also brought in outside talent, like Paul Dini and Man of Action to work on new shows and also Craig McCracken/Lauren Faust working on Wander over Yonder which will premiere later on. Wonder if Nick will try to bring in talent from elsewhere as well.