Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
    Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

I really like the group shot of the two main casts. I especially like older Zuko's design. He looks so tough and cool. I'll try to avoid spoiling too many details about the next book, but hopefully, it will be a good watch and provide more focus on the characters.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have some big casting news. I don't know if I should put it in a spoiler tag or not. But for now I will. But it has been confirmed from that person twitter.

Spoiler:
    Grey Delisle is going to voice a character(s) in Book 2. I am so excited to hear that. I hope it is the Fire Lord.

Graywulf76 is offline Shadow Gentleman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler:
    Can't wait to see this stuff. I knew the new conflict would involve the Spirit World somehow, so I'm also hoping Korra gets a lot of time with Aang.

Mako being a cop is a bit unexpected, as well as Bolin taking becoming team captain. Kinda already guessed Asami would take over the family business,though.

Bumi II and Korra's family sound like they'll be a lot of fun.
    “A gentleman is a man who can play the saxophone, but doesn't."
    W.C. Fields

ferrisjso is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From all i've heard so far is that Season 2 seems like it will be better than Season 1.Before Korra premiered my mian concern with the series was it just staying in one location(republic city) in contrast to in A TLA the whole gang moving around and exploring the whole world.This limited Korra in showing how much the whole world had changed.Regardless this actually seemed to not be a problem with the show as it turned out great regardless of the set point.In following seasons it seems like the whole show won't be in Republic city and we'll continue to see the old shows legacy in the present.I'm really can't wait to see the new season i haven't been so excited about the new season of any show since probably A TLA or DP.

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, did Sokka manage to recover Space Sword?
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Scirel is offline WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyone00 View Post
    Possibly during "The Promise"
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow

Toons4ever is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyone00 View Post
    It's most likely a different sword

Bryan is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Republic City & World Traveling?!!? How? Or Book 2: Spirits

Quote Originally Posted by r0derix View Post
    Korra Panel was today at SDCC. Information on Book 2 compiled on another forum:

Spoiler:
    "Book 2: Spirits" known information (Draft v1)

* Book 2 will start out six months after Book 1.
    * Book 2 will run for fourteen episodes total.
    * Book 2 will begin with a festival at the Southern Water Tribe.
    * Korra will be fighting shadowy spirit creatures of unknown origin. This book's main conflict will center on the Spirit World, and Korra will do battle with attacking spirits at the SWT festival.
    * The main characters will get updated costumes to reflect their new situations and character development.
    * New characters this season include: Kya, "Unolok", and Verick. We'll also be seeing a lot more of Bumi II and Korra's parents.
    * "Unolok" is Korra's uncle via her father. He is a spiritual person, posh, and leader of the Northern Water Tribe. He has two children, twins, who are Korra's cousins. According to the creators, Korra's entire family is ripped.
    * Verick is a Howard Huges type of Southern Water Tribe descent, on friendly terms with Bolin. His business is in shipping.
    * Kya is a bit of hippie who's big into healing. She has a special bond with her niece Jinora.
    * Bumi II will also reoccur, with the addition of a potbelly.
    * Pro-bending will return, but the Fire Ferrets have a new line-up. Neither Mako nor Korra are members anymore. Bolin is team captain and struggling with his role in life now that...
    * Mako has become a cop in Republic City.
    * Asami has taken over Future Industries, but the company is in dire straits due to her father's crimes. She's committed to putting the company back on top.
    * Korra has mastered the Avatar State, but abuses it for stupid stuff (like a race with the Pemzin spawn) that draws Tenzin's anger.
    * We'll be visiting locations from the previous series: both the Southern Water Tribe and the Southern Air Temple (which has apparently gone to seed) will be toured. Korra will also be visiting the Spirit World for two episodes.
    I'm curious as to how the show's going to be divided between Mako, Asami, and Bolin still living in Republic City while Korra's world traveling with Tenzin's family. More of the anti-gaang rears it's head. Mako, Asami, and Bolin don't drop their lives to see the world with the Avatar. How will their "relationships" evolve? Long distance for Mako & Korra? Mako & Asami reunite? No mention of romance is made here at all. I will bust my butt laughing if Tahno joins the Fire Ferrets. There's also no mention of Lin. What will the Republic Citizens main plot be if Korra's fighting in the spirit world?

Plus it sounds like Korra's getting an all new gaang! But the air kiddies, her cousins, and Bumi means we're lacking a fire bender and possibly a non bender. Hmmmmm.

Here's io9's Korra concept art for Book 2. Io9 describes Korra's cousins as "creepy androgynous twins".

http://io9.com/5926144/beautiful-con...egend-of-korra

Plus some extra SDCC animatic details.

Spoiler:

The panel concluded with first look footage in the form of animatics (early animated storyboards that give you a feel of what to expect from the finished product).

First up is a scene in the Pro-Bending arena (it's back!) with Bolin leading the Fire Ferrets into a match with the new team, Lion Elephants. Mako and Korra are off the team — and Bolin is getting his butt kicked playing side-by-side with the newbies.

Next, a big action scene between Mako (now a policeman for Republic City) and a pair of fleeing robbers. They try and waterbend his motorcycle off the road with a sheet of ice, but he's faster than them. He jumps the cycle into the air, spins around, firebends their truck and sends it rolling into a building. "Looks like someone had car trouble." Diss.

Then we see Korra racing Tenzin's kids on airballs around the air temple. It's neck and neck, but Korra jumps into Avatar State for the extra umph to get her across the finish line. Tenzin is not pleased. "The Avatar State is not to be used as a booster rocket!" This moment may speak to the season's larger arc, of Korra learning to master and appreciate her spiritual side.

Finally, we see Korra encounter a spiny spirit in the Southern Water Tribe. He's spiny and wicked, like one of Miyazaki's darker creations. The creature moves with lightning speed, pinning Korra to ice. She enters Avatar State to whip fire and water at the beast, but he tunnels underground and escapes. Conflict with the Spirit World is already shaping up to be the show's big conceit.

Ppbbttttt! Why read about it, when you can watch the animatic.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Comic_...cters/33795088

And here's a few more details to expand on what was already posted.

Spoiler:

Then DiMartino and Konietzko rattled off tons of Book 2 concept art and facts:
    • Team Avatar will travel to the Southern Water Tribe. They'll visit a festival with glowing lanterns that warm up the snowscape scenery. Beautiful.
    • Korra will travel through a storm to find a glowing iceberg. Spirit world? The ice cave looks very reminiscent to the iceberg Aang was trapped in.
    • We saw concept art of the Southern Air Temple. Inspired by Chinese art, it's a stone structure enhanced with yellow and orange skies, lush vegetation growing over it.
    • Book 2 will explore the Spirit World and how the "Avatar" lineage began. Korra will travel into the spirit world and Konietzko hints that there may be episodes later in the season dedicated to exploring the bigger landscape of the Spirit World.
    • Then we saw some new costumes. Korra will have new threads inspired by Mandarin, asymmetrical fashion. Mako and Bolin will get big, fluffy coats for the frozen tundra that maintain their color coordination (Mako loves that red scarf).
    • Asami is now the head of her dad's Future Industries, so she's gone corporate! Luckily, she has an alternate costume, an airship look that makes her a double for Amelia Earhart.
    • Book 2 will bump up Bumi, a fan favorite and brother of Tenzin, to a regular character. He's got a big potbelly which fits his wacky personality.
    • His sister Kya will also be a regular player. Dubbed a hippie by "Konietzko," Kya's big into healing.
    • Korra's expanded family will be introduced. The creators mentioned that Korra was inspired by MMA fighter Gina Carano, which explains her build. It also explains why her entire family is ripped.
    • Book 2 called "Spirits" and takes place six months after Book 1.

I also can't wait to hear/see who Grey Delisle is voicing. The Fire Lady ? Senior citizen Azula? Azula's granddaughter or daughter? Someone else entirely?

Better pictures of the new cast.

http://owldee.tumblr.com/tagged/korra-panel
    Last edited by BonnieB21:-); 07-17-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Additional Information

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieB21:-) View Post
    I also can't wait to hear/see who Grey Delisle is voicing. The Fire Lady ? Senior citizen Azula? Azula's granddaughter or daughter? Someone else entirely?
    I agree with you, I hope she voices the Fire Lady someday. Since I heard about Zuko's daughter, my expectation, she would have all the possitive qualities of Azula, but without the evil and the crazy.

While no word yet on the Fire Lord, if she will appear or not, Grey already said one character she will be voicing.

Spoiler:
    A antagonsitc sounding character, called the Dark Spirit.

jak d ripr is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So far I like what Im hearing, the idea of learning more about the avatar lineage sounds like an enticing one, we might even learn how the avatar lineage began. The only thing that worries me is the lack of any mention of lin, paired with the introduction of so many new characters and I get the feeling my girl might be taking a back seat this season. Oh well, maybe she will get more shine in seasons 3 and 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Studio Mir Shows Their Animation Process

Cartoon Brew had 3 videos of Studio Mir pulling back the curtains and revealing how they work on Legend Of Korra.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/studio...-of-korra.html

And this person has a bunch of animatics from The Last Airbender's finale.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rick0404

Here's a picture of the cast of LOK from Entertainment Weekly.

khuddle is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why are they taking so long on giving us a DVD/BR release date (for Season1)? I'm losing patience...

Bryan is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khuddle View Post
    Why are they taking so long on giving us a DVD/BR release date (for Season1)? I'm losing patience...
    I’ve been wondering the same thing. Maybe they’re waiting until closer to Book 2’s premiere to put one out. If that’s the case, it may not be until sometime early-to-mid next year, depending on how long Book 2 takes to complete.

Regardless on the timeframe, I really do hope that Nickelodeon/Paramount will release the DVD version in 16:9 and not letterboxed 4:3. Nick’s other live-action shows that are produced in the HD have never been released on DVD in the proper aspect ratio. So, this worries more much more than the release date at this point.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50