Quantcast
Page 33 of 100 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 994
  1. #321
    Silverstar's Avatar
    Silverstar is offline Doin' the Banana Split
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cartoonland
    Posts
    13,953
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    First, people complain about there being a new cast. Then people complain about Aang being dead, now people are complaining that it's only 12 episodes.

    I swear, it's like some people are only happy if they have something to be unhappy about.

    Some of the posters here just won't be content about this unless it's made into an exact copy of the original Avatar. Just be thankful the creators decided to do anything further with the Avatar world at all and give them the benefit of the doubt. They haven't steered you wrong yet, have they?
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

  2. #322
    W.C.Reaf's Avatar
    W.C.Reaf is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,650
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    I swear, it's like some people are only happy if they have something to be unhappy about.
    Welcome to the nature of fans. If there is something new out they will complain that it isn't the old one.

    Happens with everything, even none geeky things and people. It has always happened and will always happen; best we can do is just enjoy the stuff and try not to spread the other stuff.

  3. #323
    garfield15's Avatar
    garfield15 is offline Member of the 10,000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    First, people complain about there being a new cast. Then people complain about Aang being dead, now people are complaining that it's only 12 episodes.

    I swear, it's like some people are only happy if they have something to be unhappy about.

    Some of the posters here just won't be content about this unless it's made into an exact copy of the original Avatar. Just be thankful the creators decided to do anything further with the Avatar world at all and give them the benefit of the doubt. They haven't steered you wrong yet, have they?
    It's a sad truth honestly.

    Comes with the territory of being successful and popular.
    -Kamen Rider Decade-"I'm just a Kamen Rider passing through. Better remember me!"

    -"Bang"
    TOM's final words of Toonami. The proof of what Toonami was aimed for and was meant for. Stay Gold. You will always be first and simply the best.

  4. #324
    Ed Liu's Avatar
    Ed Liu is online now Grumpy Gorilla
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Princeton Jct, NJ
    Posts
    6,187
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I have confirmation from Nickelodeon that The Legend of Korra is a SERIES, not a mini-series, but details on the number of seasons, episodes, etc. is forthcoming since it was just greenlit. Assuming that the reports from the Mike & Bryan signings at SDCC are accurate, they're expecting 12 episodes, so I'd say to expect at least that many but not necessarily that there will be more.

    The complaining doesn't bother me as much as the entirely groundless speculation that's mostly based on complete misreadings that get amplified in the echo chamber that is the Internet. I feel like it's a giant game of Telephone:

    Post #17: The original AP article said "mini-series."

    Post #18: Where does it say "mini-series?"

    Post #19: Korra is a mini-series? Why can't they do a full season?

    Post #20: It doesn't say "mini-series," although it might have.

    Post #21: IT'S ONLY A MINI-SERIES!!! NICKELODEON HAS NO FAITH IN AVATAR!!!!!1!1!111eleven!1!!!

    Post #22: I didn't think they did too well with a full season of 26 anyway.

    Post #23: I heard they're going to do 12 episodes.

    Post #24: Where does it say only 12 episodes?

    Post #25: I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ONLY GOING TO BE 12 EPISODES!!! THE CREATORS HATE AVATAR!!!1!!1!1!1!!

    ...and so on.

    Hard facts: Avatar: The Legend of Korra is green-lit. It's coming in 2011. It's 70 years later, she's a teenaged Waterbender going to a big city, she's going to meet Aang and Katara's son to learn Airbending, there's an anti-bender faction in the city. That's what we know. I consider EVERYTHING else as suspect until I get hard, verifiable confirmation from a reliable source. It's fun to play guessing games as long as you don't mistake someone else's guess or question as a statement.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

    "...ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."
    -- Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

  5. #325
    firefoxprime's Avatar
    firefoxprime is offline 90s = Golden Years
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    1,068
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^ Yup.

    Although I'm still new compared to the older guys...I have more than enough
    common sense to not jump to foolish conclusions/assumptions. I even read a
    couple of previous pages before I start posting about The Legend of Korra or
    anything else for that matter.

    Well said Ed Liu.
    Well said.
    Anime currently watching:

    Hanasaku Iroha , Gad Guard, Birdy the Mighty, Eden of the East, Chromo Shelled Regios

  6. #326
    Dudley's Avatar
    Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Coast of USA
    Posts
    12,287
    Blog Entries
    29
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Crap. And it's my fault for bringing up that it said "mini-series" in small font in that article.
    Ah well, only time will tell....


    Toons These Days
    Now on ChannelAwesome.com
    New episodes return December 16!

    Website | Deviantart | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon |


  7. #327
    Bryan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,440
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for getting confirmation, Ed. I haven’t seen a single “official” thing that said this was ever planned to be a mini-series. Plus, why limit themselves? Avatar: The Last Airbender proved to be a very successful series, and Korra is coming from the same crew. Wouldn’t it make sense to think this will at least be pretty successful as well? And if it’s not, then it will end. Simple as that. No need to limit themselves right out the gate.

  8. #328
    firefoxprime's Avatar
    firefoxprime is offline 90s = Golden Years
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    1,068
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Crap. And it's my fault for bringing up that it said "mini-series" in small font in that article.
    Ah well, only time will tell....
    happens to the best of us dude

    I just really really wanna see some sweet updated(3 years gap) animation.
    the new fight scenes are going to be awesome...
    Anime currently watching:

    Hanasaku Iroha , Gad Guard, Birdy the Mighty, Eden of the East, Chromo Shelled Regios

  9. #329
    tommy21 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    249
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just wanted to let everyone that was wondering what channel its going to air on and it is Nickelodeon! Confirmed in Nick's Press Release.

  10. #330
    Agent-347's Avatar
    Agent-347 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post
    I have confirmation from Nickelodeon that The Legend of Korra is a SERIES, not a mini-series, but details on the number of seasons, episodes, etc. is forthcoming since it was just greenlit. Assuming that the reports from the Mike & Bryan signings at SDCC are accurate, they're expecting 12 episodes, so I'd say to expect at least that many but not necessarily that there will be more.
    It wouldn't make any sense that the only show that ever beat SpongeBob would have a spin-off that's even shorter then the unpopular Tak, The X's or Mr. Meaty... (Catscratch was everywhere popular, except USA.. So Nick US is selfish)

    What I remember is that in 2008 they were busy on thinking about a spin-off..
    2009 was there no news..
    Very beginning of 2010, there was a rumour/leak that a mini-series was made..

    Now, if you count February-November to make 13 episodes, or 20 episodes..
    Then I consider that Nickelodeon will give points to it in November..

    If the fact is true that it will air FALL 2010.. Then they have after it at least 9 months.. So that means they could have 32 episodes when it starts..

    And what seams popular the last time? Seasons of 32 episodes that are ordered ("Ben 10 Utimate Alien Season 2" for example)


    I think we rather should wait until November/December and that we will gain news by then..
    I think 12 episodes would be too short, and think 32 or 40 or 52 episodes would fit well..

    ==> Maybe like Ben 10 Alien Force & Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: A season 1 story arch & a season 2 story arch..


    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post
    Hard facts: Avatar: The Legend of Korra is green-lit. It's coming in 2011. It's 70 years later, she's a teenaged Waterbender going to a big city, she's going to meet Aang and Katara's son to learn Airbending, there's an anti-bender faction in the city. That's what we know. I consider EVERYTHING else as suspect until I get hard, verifiable confirmation from a reliable source. It's fun to play guessing games as long as you don't mistake someone else's guess or question as a statement.
    Nick Press is the best reliable, until there ain't coming something from there.. Nothing is sure..


    What I am asking myself is.. They would have to tell some things from before the series started in the first 5 episodes and so on..
    So 12 episodes would be without many background infomration then..



    I have also a statement.. :P
    Like I said before: 12 episode & 20 make 32 for a full season that would/could start fall 2010..

    But consider the ATLA finale.. It was a TV-Movie that is split in 4 individual episodes from normal showing..
    What if the mini-series they make/made are 3 TV-Movies?
    - Earthbending
    - Spirit World
    - Firebending

    And that a 20 episode season is Air.. (Or 26 or 32 episodes)


    ==> It's stated it will be a series.. But there is a mini-series..
    ==> As the press releases plot is for the series, we don't know what the mini-series plot is..
    ==> And that's what a statement of mine is..


    Just a statement, nothing more..

    I would be sad it only would have 12 episodes, but I still would watch it..
    But as I remember: a finale has to be a double-episode.. And then only 10 episodes left.. If consider it not wright..

    But I keep in mind: WAIT (till further notice) & SEE (the actual series)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO