Page 17 of 100 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
    radioflyer is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlgeaX View Post
    Huh? What about Jet? he held his own against Aang easily enough. And then there was that time Zuko and a squad of firebenders almost got taken down by a gang of non-bending pirates. Then there was Mai and Ty Lee, Ty Lee I remind you took down both Katara and Azula with casual ease. And don't even get me started on Master Piandao.
    Very well put.

As for the new series...of course I'll watch. But man...I wanted to find out what happened to Zuko's mother. And if Azula ever recovered and redeemed herself. Ditto the Fire Lord.

And Aang, not only grown up, but dead. That's going to be hard to take.

And a rebellious, hotheaded girl. (cue music) "I am Woman Hear Me Roar"...gahhhh!!!! Please, please, not that...

Still, I'm really into steampunk, so I'm interested in what that city will look like. And I understand that the Avatar crew might not want to try to repeat themselves. *sigh*...I'm a mix of intrigued and disappointed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinite View Post
    This already sounds a lot more interesting then the first series (which I found to be a disappointment)
    Well, there's always gotta be one.

GregX is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinite View Post
    This already sounds a lot more interesting then the first series (which I found to be a disappointment) but we wont know till it airs I suppose. The show went out of it's way to establish non-benders were completely useless against benders, so unless they pull something out of nowhere, I don't see the anti-bender thing being much of an issue.
    And how any Firebenders has Sokka defeated? I'm beginning to wonder if you watch the shows you criticize.

garfield15 is offline Member of the 10,000 post club
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Huh? What about Jet? he held his own against Aang easily enough. And then there was that time Zuko and a squad of firebenders almost got taken down by a gang of non-bending pirates. Then there was Mai and Ty Lee, Ty Lee I remind you took down both Katara and Azula with casual ease. And don't even get me started on Master Piandao.
    I also want to add that Zuko could kick ass without Firebending and proved so many times with his broadswords. And Sokka was still the brains of the team without bending. It's not like they wanted to ditch him anytime soon.
    -Kamen Rider Decade-"I'm just a Kamen Rider passing through. Better remember me!"

-"Bang"
    TOM's final words of Toonami. The proof of what Toonami was aimed for and was meant for. Stay Gold. You will always be first and simply the best.

DjJuice5 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm really looking forward to this new series. From the description it sounds like it will be darker than the original, which isn't a bad thing as long as it's well written and entertaining. I hope it isn't just going to be dark for the sake for being dark, a la The Last Airbender. Surely Nickelodeon knows or should know by now that plenty of teenagers and adults will most likely be watching this show. Question is will they embrace that audience as well as the intended one or will they make the same mistakes as they did the origanl series and Invader Zim and limits themselves to one demographic.
    "You can teach an old dog new tricks but you can't teach anyone at Disney channel how to write comedy."

AlgeaX is offline Oh, hello?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by radioflyer View Post
    And Aang, not only grown up, but dead. That's going to be hard to take.
    Don't be sad, Aang lives on in Korra as do Roku, Kyoshi, Kuruk, Yangchen and all the Avatars past.

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    Wow, I laugh at Mandouga's "This'll be the same as the last season" rant after seeing that plot description.
    However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart.
    As I figured, it will be resorting to drama and/or tragedy in order to make the show interesting. In that sense, that's what I meant. When I said that this series would be no different from the previous series, I was referring to the series as a whole, and not just the last season, which again, made it apparent that it was resorting to drama and tragedy (the latter especially referring to Sokka and Katara's mother) to make the show appear "realistic", and thus get the viewers interested. In the case of this new show (whatever it will be called), they're doing so by incorporating in-universe politics, and whenever politcs get involved, it stops being fun, which in this case means that the threat of tragedy becomes omnipresent, and at least IMO, that already causes the show to stop being fun to watch. Also, they only mentioned Aang's son. That doesn't mean he married Katara.

In any case, like I said before, NICK is really only doing this because they couldn't get the original creators to do a fourth season of A:TLB, and even if that isn't the case, all things considered, it might as well have been.
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Conekiller is offline On the Cruise!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How do regular people deal with benders? Invent hand guns.

Remembering Ben Feld,
    AKA Shogunthethird.
    A great friend, taken before his time.
    Memorial Thread

http://conekiller.deviantart.com/

adoptedBatpuppy is offline Confidence is the Key
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, Now I know it is official, sounds like the same type of show, I meant like original Avatar, with the girl being the main character, this time around. It is for sure to be animated in the same style too!

Gokou Ruri is offline Wielder of the dark arts.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Without the aid of plot convenience or bad writing, I mean (look at how easy Long Feng took care of Jet, which was better handled than Jet tripping people with hook swords; or how even Katara took out those pirates. The only time they should be a threat is when they blew up Zuko's ship.). Mai was completely useless and never killed or even hurt anyone, and despite all the hype with Piandao we never see him do anything. Ty Lee was never really used very well either. Not to mention the main non-bender of the group was just completely useless comic relief, even after dedicating an episode to him learning how to use a sword.

Unless they start introducing people like Rock Lee or Naruto's other taijutsu users, benders shouldn't have anything to worry about. Or guns, I suppose, but I doubt that'll happen.