Search the Site:
Loading...
Follow Us:
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 994
  1. #321
    Silverstar's Avatar
    Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cartoonland
    Posts
    13,221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

    First, people complain about there being a new cast. Then people complain about Aang being dead, now people are complaining that it's only 12 episodes.

    I swear, it's like some people are only happy if they have something to be unhappy about.

    Some of the posters here just won't be content about this unless it's made into an exact copy of the original Avatar. Just be thankful the creators decided to do anything further with the Avatar world at all and give them the benefit of the doubt. They haven't steered you wrong yet, have they?
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

  2. #322
    W.C.Reaf's Avatar
    W.C.Reaf is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    I swear, it's like some people are only happy if they have something to be unhappy about.
    Welcome to the nature of fans. If there is something new out they will complain that it isn't the old one.

    Happens with everything, even none geeky things and people. It has always happened and will always happen; best we can do is just enjoy the stuff and try not to spread the other stuff.

  3. #323
    garfield15's Avatar
    garfield15 is offline Member of the 10,000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    First, people complain about there being a new cast. Then people complain about Aang being dead, now people are complaining that it's only 12 episodes.

    I swear, it's like some people are only happy if they have something to be unhappy about.

    Some of the posters here just won't be content about this unless it's made into an exact copy of the original Avatar. Just be thankful the creators decided to do anything further with the Avatar world at all and give them the benefit of the doubt. They haven't steered you wrong yet, have they?
    It's a sad truth honestly.

    Comes with the territory of being successful and popular.
    -Kamen Rider Decade-"I'm just a Kamen Rider passing through. Better remember me!"

    -"Bang"
    TOM's final words of Toonami. The proof of what Toonami was aimed for and was meant for. Stay Gold. You will always be first and simply the best.

  4. #324
    Ed Liu's Avatar
    Ed Liu is online now Come to our macaroni party
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Princeton Jct, NJ
    Posts
    6,055
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have confirmation from Nickelodeon that The Legend of Korra is a SERIES, not a mini-series, but details on the number of seasons, episodes, etc. is forthcoming since it was just greenlit. Assuming that the reports from the Mike & Bryan signings at SDCC are accurate, they're expecting 12 episodes, so I'd say to expect at least that many but not necessarily that there will be more.

    The complaining doesn't bother me as much as the entirely groundless speculation that's mostly based on complete misreadings that get amplified in the echo chamber that is the Internet. I feel like it's a giant game of Telephone:

    Post #17: The original AP article said "mini-series."

    Post #18: Where does it say "mini-series?"

    Post #19: Korra is a mini-series? Why can't they do a full season?

    Post #20: It doesn't say "mini-series," although it might have.

    Post #21: IT'S ONLY A MINI-SERIES!!! NICKELODEON HAS NO FAITH IN AVATAR!!!!!1!1!111eleven!1!!!

    Post #22: I didn't think they did too well with a full season of 26 anyway.

    Post #23: I heard they're going to do 12 episodes.

    Post #24: Where does it say only 12 episodes?

    Post #25: I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ONLY GOING TO BE 12 EPISODES!!! THE CREATORS HATE AVATAR!!!1!!1!1!1!!

    ...and so on.

    Hard facts: Avatar: The Legend of Korra is green-lit. It's coming in 2011. It's 70 years later, she's a teenaged Waterbender going to a big city, she's going to meet Aang and Katara's son to learn Airbending, there's an anti-bender faction in the city. That's what we know. I consider EVERYTHING else as suspect until I get hard, verifiable confirmation from a reliable source. It's fun to play guessing games as long as you don't mistake someone else's guess or question as a statement.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

    "It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

  5. #325
    firefoxprime's Avatar
    firefoxprime is online now 90s = Golden Years
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    1,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Yup.

    Although I'm still new compared to the older guys...I have more than enough
    common sense to not jump to foolish conclusions/assumptions. I even read a
    couple of previous pages before I start posting about The Legend of Korra or
    anything else for that matter.

    Well said Ed Liu.
    Well said.
    Anime currently watching:

    Hanasaku Iroha , Gad Guard, Birdy the Mighty, Eden of the East, Chromo Shelled Regios

  6. #326
    Dudley's Avatar
    Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Coast of USA
    Posts
    11,524
    Blog Entries
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Crap. And it's my fault for bringing up that it said "mini-series" in small font in that article.
    Ah well, only time will tell....


    Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)


  7. #327
    Bryan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,442
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for getting confirmation, Ed. I haven’t seen a single “official” thing that said this was ever planned to be a mini-series. Plus, why limit themselves? Avatar: The Last Airbender proved to be a very successful series, and Korra is coming from the same crew. Wouldn’t it make sense to think this will at least be pretty successful as well? And if it’s not, then it will end. Simple as that. No need to limit themselves right out the gate.

  8. #328
    firefoxprime's Avatar
    firefoxprime is online now 90s = Golden Years
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    1,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Crap. And it's my fault for bringing up that it said "mini-series" in small font in that article.
    Ah well, only time will tell....
    happens to the best of us dude

    I just really really wanna see some sweet updated(3 years gap) animation.
    the new fight scenes are going to be awesome...
    Anime currently watching:

    Hanasaku Iroha , Gad Guard, Birdy the Mighty, Eden of the East, Chromo Shelled Regios

  9. #329
    tommy21 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    249
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just wanted to let everyone that was wondering what channel its going to air on and it is Nickelodeon! Confirmed in Nick's Press Release.

  10. #330
    Agent-347's Avatar
    Agent-347 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post
    I have confirmation from Nickelodeon that The Legend of Korra is a SERIES, not a mini-series, but details on the number of seasons, episodes, etc. is forthcoming since it was just greenlit. Assuming that the reports from the Mike & Bryan signings at SDCC are accurate, they're expecting 12 episodes, so I'd say to expect at least that many but not necessarily that there will be more.
    It wouldn't make any sense that the only show that ever beat SpongeBob would have a spin-off that's even shorter then the unpopular Tak, The X's or Mr. Meaty... (Catscratch was everywhere popular, except USA.. So Nick US is selfish)

    What I remember is that in 2008 they were busy on thinking about a spin-off..
    2009 was there no news..
    Very beginning of 2010, there was a rumour/leak that a mini-series was made..

    Now, if you count February-November to make 13 episodes, or 20 episodes..
    Then I consider that Nickelodeon will give points to it in November..

    If the fact is true that it will air FALL 2010.. Then they have after it at least 9 months.. So that means they could have 32 episodes when it starts..

    And what seams popular the last time? Seasons of 32 episodes that are ordered ("Ben 10 Utimate Alien Season 2" for example)


    I think we rather should wait until November/December and that we will gain news by then..
    I think 12 episodes would be too short, and think 32 or 40 or 52 episodes would fit well..

    ==> Maybe like Ben 10 Alien Force & Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: A season 1 story arch & a season 2 story arch..


    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post
    Hard facts: Avatar: The Legend of Korra is green-lit. It's coming in 2011. It's 70 years later, she's a teenaged Waterbender going to a big city, she's going to meet Aang and Katara's son to learn Airbending, there's an anti-bender faction in the city. That's what we know. I consider EVERYTHING else as suspect until I get hard, verifiable confirmation from a reliable source. It's fun to play guessing games as long as you don't mistake someone else's guess or question as a statement.
    Nick Press is the best reliable, until there ain't coming something from there.. Nothing is sure..


    What I am asking myself is.. They would have to tell some things from before the series started in the first 5 episodes and so on..
    So 12 episodes would be without many background infomration then..



    I have also a statement.. :P
    Like I said before: 12 episode & 20 make 32 for a full season that would/could start fall 2010..

    But consider the ATLA finale.. It was a TV-Movie that is split in 4 individual episodes from normal showing..
    What if the mini-series they make/made are 3 TV-Movies?
    - Earthbending
    - Spirit World
    - Firebending

    And that a 20 episode season is Air.. (Or 26 or 32 episodes)


    ==> It's stated it will be a series.. But there is a mini-series..
    ==> As the press releases plot is for the series, we don't know what the mini-series plot is..
    ==> And that's what a statement of mine is..


    Just a statement, nothing more..

    I would be sad it only would have 12 episodes, but I still would watch it..
    But as I remember: a finale has to be a double-episode.. And then only 10 episodes left.. If consider it not wright..

    But I keep in mind: WAIT (till further notice) & SEE (the actual series)

  11. #331
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cakeland, USA
    Posts
    3,222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post
    I have confirmation from Nickelodeon that The Legend of Korra is a SERIES, not a mini-series,
    You 100% sure on that Ed? From an interview at Comic Con: http://www.ugo.com/tv/comic-con-2010...orra-interview

    Great news, Airbender fans! We had a chance to catch up with Avatar creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko at the Nickelodeon booth on the Comic-Con floor to get a host of new details on The Legend of Korra!

    We've had a lot of interest in our coverage of the series thus far, and made sure to clear up lingering questions burning up the fans minds! Be sure to post your comments and feedback below!

    Here's what we found out:

    * As mentioned , the cabbage merchant will not appear, but "his legacy will be present in some form."
    * As an evolution of the first series, The Legend of Korra will have more sophistication to it, but still keep the humor, fun hybrid animals, and action.
    * It won't cover more mature subject material necessarily, just different mature subjects. "It won't be another war, but a different sort of conflict."
    * On whether or not we'd see a love interest for Korra: "We love that stuff. We're total cornballs, we love cheesy teen romance. Rest assured, there's plenty or romance happening in the story, but it's the same balance of ingredients that we like."
    * Katara IS in fact the mother of Aang's offspring, who will be central to the show. "We didn't mean for it to be a big super-secret, that they end up together."
    * On the persecution of Airbenders being compared to the X-Men registration act: "We'll see something like that, but in sort of a different structure."
    * Will it be a very different world from where we left off? "Yes and no, the world has definitely changed, and evolved, and advanced, but we're very conscious of keeping the same feeling. Not totally different, but it's definitely generations later."
    * "There will definitely only be one Avatar at a time, and it is Korra."
    * So will Aang have any kind of presence? "Yes...in his way."
    * DiMartino and Konietzko will continue to work with Joaquim Dos Santos and Ryuki Hung, working to improve the design and animation.
    * The Legend of Korra will in fact be a mini-series, with Michael and Bryan directly writing each episode.
    * "As a mini-series, it's going to be really tight. While we really love the filler episodes, those are some of our favorites, this thing is just lean and mean. It's a really cool driving story."

    You heard it first! Sound off below!
    Anyway, of course we'll get that cheesy teen romance, but I'm pretty sure it will involve Korra and another unnamed character we don't know yet. Still great to hear about these things from Mike and Bryan.
    09/07/07 - Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable's Graduation! Watch it!
    07/19/08 - I was there for the amazing "Avatar: The Last Airbender" finale.

    What happens when typos go wrong:
    Spoiler:
    XoCrzyBeautiful4: IM GOING TO DUCKING HURT SOMETHING

  12. #332
    Manhunter's Avatar
    Manhunter is offline Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,649
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsumara View Post
    Yeah... Considering it's 70 years in the future which would place Aang at 82ish if he were to live that long (which he obviously did not),
    Technically, he'd be 182...ish.

    One thing I definitely want to see: what the Fire Nation is like, 70 years after the end of the original series. Did they continue in the trend started when Zuko took the throne, or did they fall back into the way things were under Sozin, Azulon and Ozai?
    "No man escapes the Manhunters!"

  13. #333
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cakeland, USA
    Posts
    3,222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhunter View Post
    Technically, he'd be 182...ish.

    One thing I definitely want to see: what the Fire Nation is like, 70 years after the end of the original series. Did they continue in the trend started when Zuko took the throne, or did they fall back into the way things were under Sozin, Azulon and Ozai?
    Oh technicalities :P I'm discounting the whole 'frozen in ice' thing.
    09/07/07 - Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable's Graduation! Watch it!
    07/19/08 - I was there for the amazing "Avatar: The Last Airbender" finale.

    What happens when typos go wrong:
    Spoiler:
    XoCrzyBeautiful4: IM GOING TO DUCKING HURT SOMETHING

  14. #334
    Ed Liu's Avatar
    Ed Liu is online now Come to our macaroni party
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Princeton Jct, NJ
    Posts
    6,055
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsumara View Post
    You 100% sure on that Ed? From an interview at Comic Con: http://www.ugo.com/tv/comic-con-2010...orra-interview
    All I can say is that "series" is what Nick's rep told me. It sounds like Mike & Bryan are using "mini-series" and Nick isn't. Might be just a terminology thing -- there's lots of TV series that are calling 12-13 episode orders "seasons" when they'd have been half-seasons in the past, so maybe M&B are calling 12 episodes a mini-series while Nick is calling it a series.

    So I say let's go with "it's going to be shorter than earlier Avatar seasons" and call it a day until we know more.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

    "It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

  15. #335
    RonDrakenfan17's Avatar
    RonDrakenfan17 is offline Luffy fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,329
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I knew there'd be romance.
    Every series needs romance
    One Piece fan. Bleach fan.

  16. #336
    FriendlyMushroom's Avatar
    FriendlyMushroom is offline ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia, US
    Posts
    290
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm totally excited for this new series. I have one concern, though- is Aaron Ehasz going to be involved? He did a lot of writing for the original show, and he it was his idea for Iroh to be a laid-back kind of guy and for Toph to be a tomboy rather than male. I fear that Korra may suffer if it lacks his involvement.
    I AM ASSUMING CONTROL OF THIS FORM.

  17. #337
    Goldstar Neo's Avatar
    Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cartoonsville
    Posts
    9,144
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonDrakenfan17 View Post
    I knew there'd be romance.
    Every series needs romance

    Yeah, ya gotta have the cheesy teen romance to please the shippers so they write tons of fanfic and argue with other shippers about their fave couples.

    That aside, I'm still optimistic that The Legend of Korra will be a worthwhile viewing experience.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

  18. #338
    Manhunter's Avatar
    Manhunter is offline Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,649
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstar View Post
    Yeah, ya gotta have the cheesy teen romance to please the shippers so they write tons of fanfic and argue with other shippers about their fave couples.
    Kataang, Zutara, Tokka, Maiko, Ty Lokka, Tophaang, Zujin, and so on, ad infinitum...
    "No man escapes the Manhunters!"

  19. #339
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cakeland, USA
    Posts
    3,222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post
    All I can say is that "series" is what Nick's rep told me. It sounds like Mike & Bryan are using "mini-series" and Nick isn't. Might be just a terminology thing -- there's lots of TV series that are calling 12-13 episode orders "seasons" when they'd have been half-seasons in the past, so maybe M&B are calling 12 episodes a mini-series while Nick is calling it a series.

    So I say let's go with "it's going to be shorter than earlier Avatar seasons" and call it a day until we know more.
    Yeah, that's what I figured would happen anyway. That or just go by what Mike and Bryan say, that's typically what I always do. Just figured I'd point it out.

    As far as the romance, who knows.. maybe the new romances in "Legend of Korra" will make everyone forget their Zuko/Katara (Ugh) love and move on to something new. That and the whole Katara/Aang bit being 10000% canon confirmed, Haha.
    09/07/07 - Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable's Graduation! Watch it!
    07/19/08 - I was there for the amazing "Avatar: The Last Airbender" finale.

    What happens when typos go wrong:
    Spoiler:
    XoCrzyBeautiful4: IM GOING TO DUCKING HURT SOMETHING

  20. #340
    RedNinja84's Avatar
    RedNinja84 is offline Hotness 2.0
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsumara View Post
    Yeah, that's what I figured would happen anyway. That or just go by what Mike and Bryan say, that's typically what I always do. Just figured I'd point it out.

    As far as the romance, who knows.. maybe the new romances in "Legend of Korra" will make everyone forget their Zuko/Katara (Ugh) love and move on to something new. That and the whole Katara/Aang bit being 10000% canon confirmed, Haha.
    Please I don't want to relive shippers arguing over ships that were NEVER going to happen just because they liked them.
    2009 TZ Fantasy Football League Champion
    2007 ToonZone Fantasy Baseball League Champion
    "Don't take life too seriously, You'll never get out Alive." Bugs Bunny
    Check out my new blog: Redtiger1984 New review is The Artist
    http://redtiger1984.hubpages.com/
    Follow me on twitter: Redtiger1984

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
This community is listed in
the mega forums index project
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO