Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Batman does not count since even if the popularity of the movies are responcable for the shows being released when they were it is still a comic adaptation first and for most and the reason it happens.

However don't forget the Real Ghostbusters, that lasted pretty long for a movie based cartoon.

GatorMan92 is offline Milk...Cereal...Combine.. .
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just watched In With The Old and I thought it was a very good episode. My favorite moment was when Po was playing Mahjong and when the old masters were taking so long to make their first move and he started banging his head on the table. I'll say a little more when I see Father Crime and I'm officially caught up with the show.

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some Thoughts

I've reached a conclusion about this series. For every thing the show does right, it does something equally bad or worse. An episode will usually have a few great lines, effective comedy, and some excellent fight scenes. Not to mention the voice acting which is generally great.
    But then the same episode will have a few really lame jokes, ineffectual segments that run too long, or OOC moments. Another major flaw (that is admittedly hard to work around) is that the Five and Po are often bested when they have no business getting beaten. We know they are all incredibly strong warriors, yet they get beat up pretty often. Anachronistic technology and such are annoying also.

I can't decide if the the show is worth watching for the good points when the bad points are such a turnoff. I mean I'm a huge KFP fan and I guess my biggest issue with the show is how it (mis)handles the characters. I'll keep watching but the series as a whole is sort of letting me down
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

Vaporleaf is offline POed panda fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think there's a lot to enjoy, and the bad is often just small things, unless it's just THAT bad, and that's hardly happened in this show for me. Now I'm just waiting for more episodes...

I agree there are OOC moments, but I can look them over because they usually aren't that big of a stretch... though there are a few times where it's just too much (no one thinking Peng looks familiar).

They could stand to give more glory to the Five, have at least one episode about them without Po, but to me it's no big deal 'powering down' the heroes, which I'm not even sure they are. They're hardly invincible in the films. The kung fu may not be as good, but I think it's getting better and better. That Shifu vs. Temutai fight... just so cool...

Not sure what's wrong with the anachronistic technology... It makes sense to me, seeing as this takes place in ancient China.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tealeaf View Post
    They could stand to give more glory to the Five, have at least one episode about them without Po, but to me it's no big deal 'powering down' the heroes, which I'm not even sure they are. They're hardly invincible in the films. The kung fu may not be as good, but I think it's getting better and better. That Shifu vs. Temutai fight... just so cool...

Not sure what's wrong with the anachronistic technology... It makes sense to me, seeing as this takes place in ancient China.
    Sorry I meant that I love the fight choreography. It's really dynamic and fun to watch.
    What I meant by anachronistic technology was that sometimes there are things in 'Ancient China' that don't belong in the time period (not that we know KFP's exact time period). EG: Bien Zao drinking from a soda looking cup, the gag shop toys, and a joy buzzer. Maybe I'm making mountains out of hills, but it's all of these little negatives that sully the experience for me. You're right though there is enough good to keep me coming back.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well looks like the wait may be over. Via It's Freakin' Kung Fu Panda on tumblr --
    TVGuide and its website is showing that “Has-Been Hero” is airing on Saturday, March 31st at 10:30AM.
    This is the episode that is bundled with the blu-ray combo pack and personally I think it's the weakest of the series , but at least the show's back.

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King9 View Post
    Well looks like the wait may be over. Via It's Freakin' Kung Fu Panda on tumblr --

This is the episode that is bundled with the blu-ray combo pack and personally I think it's the weakest of the series , but at least the show's back.
    There will be a week of premieres in the first week of April as well, which appears to include the season two premiere. Unfortunately, "Kung Fu Day Care" isn't an episode title that intrigues me, as kids tend to just be annoying.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    There will be a week of premieres in the first week of April as well, which appears to include the season two premiere. Unfortunately, "Kung Fu Day Care" isn't an episode title that intrigues me, as kids tend to just be annoying.
    Geez Season 2 already? They are burning through episodes, and out of order no less. I think this question was raised before, but why does Nick show weeks full of premiers?

That episode doesn't sound too promising to me either

Bryan is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Geez Season 2 already? They are burning through episodes, and out of order no less. I think this question was raised before, but why does Nick show weeks full of premiers?
    They've been doing it for years now - mainly for animated shows, though. Plus, KFP premiered with a full season already complete, so there was no need to waste time in airing them. After this Saturday + next week's new episodes, season 1 will have aired all 26 episodes.

As you may notice, KFP also airs every single day on Nick - and has done so since it premiered in November. That's why they wanted so many new episodes at once too. Repeats have been doing pretty well (despite Nick's overall lackluster ratings lately).

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    As you may notice, KFP also airs every single day on Nick - and has done so since it premiered in November. That's why they wanted so many new episodes at once too. Repeats have been doing pretty well (despite Nick's overall lackluster ratings lately).
    You would think with their slipping ratings, they would finally start doing weekly premieres again. They pump out new episodes so quickly and then get angry at Nielsen when their weeks and weeks of re-runs start to slip in the ratings. Programming needs anchors that serve to bring in viewers. They're going to have to evolve sooner-or-later.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

TAS257 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    Oh wow, this is great news. Is there anywhere I can go to have a look at this? Thanks.

TAS257

Bryan is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAS257 View Post
    Oh wow, this is great news. Is there anywhere I can go to have a look at this? Thanks.

TAS257
    TVGuide.com has the new episodes listed.

TAS257 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Thanks, it looks good.

TAS257

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone find any news about this drought of new episodes? They had that one week of season two then left us hanging.

karengrant19 is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MetroSparkster is offline ...has nothing to say.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Viper's the only one that doesn't have an active role with Po yet, right?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroSparkster View Post
    Viper's the only one that doesn't have an active role with Po yet, right?
    As in some kind of friendly relationship? All series considered Viper and Po don't seem very close. I daresay Viper has gotten the least focus of the Furious Five which is a let down because she's no less awesome than the others. Po seems closest to Tigress, Monkey, and Mantis.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Check this noise out - http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2012/0...w-zealand.html Looks like we will be getting a season three. This makes me laugh because we haven't had new episodes for months now.

Vaporleaf is offline POed panda fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Check this noise out - http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2012/0...w-zealand.html Looks like we will be getting a season three. This makes me laugh because we haven't had new episodes for months now.
    ^You beat me to it. =p

Yeah, Nick and its mysterious schedules... I don't know what they're planning. They rush out a bunch of new episodes together and then a gave us a dry spell...

But a season 3 is good news. I wonder if we'll see any connections with Kung Fu Panda 2...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tealeaf View Post
    But a season 3 is good news. I wonder if we'll see any connections with Kung Fu Panda 2...
    Yeah that's what folks have been saying. I think it would be cool to see some post KFP 2 antics. Honestly though as much as I love having five new eps. a week I'd prefer they space them out so that we wouldn't have enormous breaks like this.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast