Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    LoneToonman is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Danny Phantom Belated Review. Why all the hate?...

Like This Thread!
    The show.

Hmm. let's see here. It can be summed up in one question. Why do so many people hate the show?

don't get me wrong, the show has its attractive qualities, but it is also incredibly irritatinga and half-a**ed in many ways. Which leads me to my question:

Why all the Danny Phantom hatred? Anyone know?

My theory is it's the following, because they're poorly done:

Voice acting, musical score and soundtrack, and artwork that is only partially aesthetically appealing.

The show, despite it's original concept, falls flat, especially in the audio department. It's easy to hate the way Danny Phantom (the show not the voice actor, Danny's voice is the least annoying of the entire cast)'s audio sounds.

To sum it up. Danny Phantom can easily seem like a big waste of time when you compare it to a clearly superior fellow modern Nick show, Avatar. It's easy to understand why one really caught on and the other (Danny) struggles endlessly to get ratings, only to be cancelled before it decided to get any good on any kind of serious level (Phantom).

Plus, the look of the characters is flat and stiff. When you're doing action adventure, stiff characters look lamely unflexible. At least Aang is flexible enough to fly around and make it look good. There really IS NO comparison. The action sequences look like Butch Hartman trying to do another comedy show with a few weak attempts at drawing fighting moves. And he fails miserably at it. That's not fighting. That's character's partially flexing their limbs.

Any other belated reviews for this show anyone? Afterall, not everyone wants to read a review of a show as soon as its released.
    Last edited by LoneToonman; 10-20-2008 at 06:38 PM.

HarlinSchmoo is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneToonman View Post
    The show.

Hmm. let's see here. It can be summed up in one question. Why do so many people hate the show?

don't get me wrong, the show has its attractive qualities, but it is also incredibly irritatinga and half-a**ed in many ways. Which leads me to my question:

Why all the Danny Phantom hatred? Anyone know?

My theory is it's the following, because they're poorly done:

Voice acting, musical score and soundtrack, and artwork that is only partially aesthetically appealing.

The show, despite it's original concept, falls flat, especially in the audio department. It's easy to hate the way Danny Phantom (the show not the voice actor, Danny's voice is the least annoying of the entire cast)'s audio sounds.

To sum it up. Danny Phantom can easily seem like a big waste of time when you compare it to a clearly superior fellow modern Nick show, Avatar. It's easy to understand why one really caught on and the other (Danny) struggles endlessly to get ratings, only to be cancelled before it decided to get any good on any kind of serious level (Phantom).

Plus, the look of the characters is flat and stiff. When you're doing action adventure, stiff characters look lamely unflexible. At least Aang is flexible enough to fly around and make it look good. There really IS NO comparison. The action sequences look like Butch Hartman trying to do another comedy show with a few weak attempts at drawing fighting moves. And he fails miserably at it. That's not fighting. That's character's partially flexing their limbs.

Any other reviews for this show.

Follow up question, why do so many people adore Avatar? It's a cheezy, A-typical, sad Western attempt at Anime.

LoneToonman is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HarlinSchmoo View Post
    Follow up question, why do so many people adore Avatar? It's a cheezy, A-typical, sad Western attempt at Anime.
    Funny, you assume too much. You assume I actually like Avatar when I compare it to even more shows. Never said that. Avatar isn't anywhere close to being my favorite either. Nothing nick does is. But it's a heck of a lot better than Danny. Let's not kid ourselves here just to sound "smart"

HarlinSchmoo is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Funny, you assume too much. You assume I actually like Avatar when I compare it to even more shows. Never said that. Avatar isn't anywhere close to being my favorite either. Nothing nick does is. But it's a heck of a lot better than Danny. Let's not kid ourselves here just to sound "smart"

I have the same thoughts on Avatar, I just don't see what is so special about it. On this site it seems to be God.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I like the adventure and action in both of them.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

Lavenderpaw is offline Essense Of Love
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't we all just get along?Both shows are good in their own right.Okay...?
    Lavender... it's not violet (blue wouldn't have it) and it aint royal. But it's still purple.

Gokou Ruri is offline Wielder of the dark arts.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Easy question. It's much easier to dislike and point out the flaws of a show once it's ended. When it's still going, there's always that "Oh, that'll change, I'm sure" and "It's probably leading up to something so it's not filler" attitude a lot of people have (myself included) but once it's over, you can accurate point out all of a show's flaws in that regard. Bad writing, forgotten plot points, and so forth become much more apparent when there's no more episodes to expand or develop certian issues of a show. Those optimistic attitudes turn into "Wow, they completely forgot about ___" and "I'm disappointing it was always ___" and so forth. So the amount of "haters" popping up after both shows ended is completely understandable, and expected.

Racattack!Force is offline 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    God review, but a bit short.
    Visit my website, Racattack Junction!, a blog that features reviews, opinions, interviews and news that surround animation. Last updated: March 27th. (Review of the Animation side of the CN Upfront)

Save "Chowder"!!!

Watch the "Festival of Chowder" from June 1st to June 4th at 8pm, and new episodes every week starting June 11th at 8pm.

Fool's Gil is offline I'm the King of Everything!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't think there was a majority of Danny haters. I liked it. It had its cheesy FOP moments, followed by ten minutes of action and comedy.

Voice acting, musical score and soundtrack, and artwork that is only partially aesthetically appealing.The show, despite it's original concept, falls flat, especially in the audio department. It's easy to hate the way Danny Phantom (the show not the voice actor, Danny's voice is the least annoying of the entire cast)'s audio sounds.
    I'm not proud to admit it, but I started enjoying the music, even that sappy rapping. What was wrong with the VAs? I've heard even worse voices in anime, they're not that bad.

Danny is not Avatar, it's clearly unfair to compare things, and superior? A matter of opinion.

PPG were more than stiff, we all know how that turned out. I can't really take a review seriously if it compares one thing to another. I can easily come back with Avatar vs DBZ, Bleach, Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho...any animated cartoon seen from Japan, and Avatar, fact or opinion, will fall.
    "I don't like you Mickey."
    "You're not supposed to."
    -Wacky Game Jokez 4 Kidz

Racattack!Force is offline 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool's Gil View Post
    Danny is not Avatar, it's clearly unfair to compare things, and superior? A matter of opinion.
    1) You HAVE to compare things. It's matter of life. I was going to use an example with dog turd, but I don't know how to word it. Besides, it is fair in this case, since they are both action series with a squirt of comedy.
    2) Point of an review. Check out someone, and write an article on it based on your personal opinion.
    Visit my website, Racattack Junction!, a blog that features reviews, opinions, interviews and news that surround animation. Last updated: March 27th. (Review of the Animation side of the CN Upfront)

Save "Chowder"!!!

Watch the "Festival of Chowder" from June 1st to June 4th at 8pm, and new episodes every week starting June 11th at 8pm.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast