Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I.R Joey is offline Yep my face got stuck this way
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Danny Phantom "Forever Phantom" talkback (spoilers.)

Like This Thread!

Time to go Ghost.

New Danny Phantom today, the second to last in this week of premeirs.

Amorpho, a faceless ghost that can change its form, goes to Amity Park to create trouble for fun and to gain attention. When Danny saves a bus of children Amorpho caused to almost fall off a cliff, Danny steals the spotlight from Amorpho. He changes to Danny. Unfortunately while in a fight they trigger Jack's new machine that short-circuits ghost's powers. Both of them were hit and Danny is trapped in ghost mode and Amorpho is trapped in the form of Danny Fenton. Now Amorpho is framing Danny for payback and Danny must find away back to human form before Amorpho can ruin Danny's social life forever.

Hope everyone likes it.
    Question the Answers.

Every time you decide not to go to my artist's blog an angel has its wings viciously mutilated. Do you really want that on your conscience?
    http://stephenpjames.blogspot.com/

TheFZAtUGSOnline is offline Galactic Guardian since 2010
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, no time today, will be listening to WCBS-FM today...
    --The FZ
    You know the rest...
    I'm out!

Rolling Cloud is offline ...too early....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3/10. completely the worst of the week.
    My Facebook
    Kick her ass outta bed and tell her to sleep on the horribly uncomfortable futon like everyone else who crashes here. XD -Sparticus

It taught me that one plus one equals one on a bun -.bg

Neo Yi is online now Time, the everlasting fool
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    For such a simple matter of Danny Fenton dealing with the pressures of fame and a ghost mucking it up in order to gain his, the episode certainly added quite a number of elements. We got Danny dealing with everyday fame, aggressive parents after his ghostly hide, Amorpho himself, the slow declining loss of his powers, and Tucker and Sam running around covering for Danny. Unlike “Infinite Realms” though, it works here as everything--while seemingly everywhere--gets their own chance to shine, creating balance and depth to a rather remarkable filler episode.

It's filled with depth on Danny’s character that ultimately plays a part by series end (in a long term issue, that’s the only continuity from here). Danny’s general behavior has grown from naïve child to maturity over the course of three seasons. While the last episode made a play on Danny’s unpredictable emotions, this time around, we get to see a deeper view of Danny’s maturity. He’s already grown into a fine, levelheaded young lad, what more can they do to him to keep him fresh? With that asked, we gain an answer in the form of a small arc that spreads throughout the rest of his series: rising fame and the frustrations behind it. An irony since this is the very intangible aspect Danny has been dreaming off all his life since the beginning, to obtain and arrive as a popular boy in his school, unaware or in denial of the consequences behind it for truly the more people know about you, the less privacy you’ll be given. It’s enough to drive somebody off the wall.

Danny however entered that trap as early as “Public Enemies” when all but his friends and sister of Amity Park pointed fingers even if he as so much sneezed because of their then views that he kidnapped the mayor, though he proved his worth and come “Reality Trip”, everyone knows and admires him. This speaks volume on Danny’s growth more so when he--as much as he enjoys being appreciated--doesn’t let it go to his head and instead reminds humble. Him silently letting his parents talk crap about his alter ego is a clear case of the boy growing up and not letting petty remarks gets to him (Attention Sam, you need to work on this). By gaining a taste of both a risky life of herodom and bothersome fame, Danny left his naïve stage and has now entered a more cynical, tiring view of the world. Nothing, not even admiration comes without a price and thus, Danny realizes the folly of fantasy that comes with a harsh reality check. All the stuff that screwed Danny in this episode ultimately tested the boy’s patience, one he passed with flying colors.

Amorpho is a breath of fresh air, a deeeeeeeeep breath from the complete racks of boring, one-dimensional Season Three characters. He’s tricky, mysterious, and secretly plays pranks, but only does so in order to gain attention. See, here’s a reason why he works on both his role and personality that the others have not reached during this season: 1. He has a purpose, a reason behind his actions, honest reasons and actions that causes him to understand some of the consequences of fame that ultimately makes him likable and real. 2. He’s everywhere he’s suppose to be. He IS the episode as he is the cause of why all this chaos has been inflicted upon Danny (well, okay, other ghosts did that, he just took a more unique approach) and despite his sneaky nature, isn’t shy about it. In a field of boring one-dimensional, me-too villains and characters, Amorpho is a unique shining character example of the days of DP Season 1 and 2 (love how he keeps calling Danny “Billy”). His physical appearance is absolutely awesome with the dark trench coat serving both his character and eye appealing, as is his rose tinted sunglasses (which works well with the black) and faceless demeanor. His voice is a spotty issue though, it wasn’t annoying, but his Igor-like voice didn’t really fit with his enigmatic deposition.

Fortunately, the animation is again achingly beautiful with great character line art and beautiful colors. The yellow sky seen for the majority of the show worked wonders as did the offspring of colors (Paulina and the cheerleaders’ orange uniform is stunning next to yellow). Danny’s black and the mash of colors from his fans as he runs around beautifully blue building backgrounds is not only eye pleasing, but a fun little scene that used little words and let the music (wonderful, by the way, loved the guitar riffs) advance the story. I didn’t particularly care for Amorpho’s animation scene, which, while quick and elastic, isn’t the best morph I’ve come across. I did enjoy a story bearing a ghostly element of transformation though.

The only true downfall is the often-confusing moments of power loss, which felt rather pointless. Amorpho can make just as much of a muck without both him and Danny losing their powers. Just do what he did at the beginning, be at the right place at the wrong time (and vice versa). It just wasn’t that convincing of a way to emphasize Danny’s role as full ghost. "Micro Management" did a better job on the direct opposite.
    9.5/10
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    Whimsically Tedious, I review Wakfu, season one.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This is the first time I've seen this, it was kind of dissapointing, in terms of how the ads made it seem Danny gave up as a hero (temporarily of course).
    It's nice to see all the people who adore Danny Phantom, though that was kind of neat.
    However, one of the biggest problems with this ep is the lame villian.

Toons These Days
    Now on That Guy With the Glasses.com
    New episodes return December 16!

Website | Deviantart | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon |

Lonestarr is offline Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had thought about using the following sentence for a while, but I felt that I should give it a chance (long story short: I had to work, missing the 4:00 showing, and caught the ep on Nick West).

Having seen the episode, I can now use the sentence:

"I missed 'Class of 3000' for this?!"

- Full disclosure: I don't care for episodes that utilize shapeshifters; their manipulations grow tiresome after a short while.

- The opening montage set the tone in a bad way.

- All the ghost wanted was attention. Someone had a rotten childhood...or maybe, the attention wasn't enough.

- Jack and Maddie...their treatment here is, I think, a sterling example of when good characters are created, but no good is done with them. They really thought that Amorpho was their son...and the red eyes and Paul-Lynde-after-a-stroke voice did nothing to dissuade them. I think that this show's detractors (to the extent that there are any left after waiting so long for new episodes to rip into) would cite this as an (non-shippiness) example of why they don't care for this show.

- I laughed once: when Mr. Lancer got a good look at himself. ("He's gorgeous.")

- The Beatles-style mobbing of Danny seemed like it was there to eat up time.

- The Fenton products were plain ridiculous, like the Fenton Toaster (yikes) and the Fento-Bismol (hello, lawsuit!).

Final verdict...better than "Girls' Night Out"...but not by much.

(P.S. And given the premise of tomorrow's episode, which I'm going to end up missing, the week doesn't look to be going out on a high note.)
    I feel that a big problem with today's society is that we don't listen to our fellow man -- especially when I'm talking.
    "Never be afraid to borrow from those wiser than yourself." - Mr. Jimmy (voice of David Arquette) on "Pelswick"
    "What do I care what some yahoo like Lonestarr posts on the internet?" - President Skroob (voice of Mel Brooks) on "Spaceballs: the Series"
    Links in a chain: DeviantArt | Fanfiction.net | Mr. Cellophane

I.R Joey is offline Yep my face got stuck this way
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I kinda liked this episode, definately better than the last one.

Good.

+Jack and Maddie were really good in this one. One of their best showings as a couple. Jack had some great lines.

+Interesting the way their dealing with Danny trying to deal with being a hero. Public Enemy did it way better but this was alright too.

+A little bit on Tucker's home life, hardly ever see that.

The bad.
    -This could have been a much better character study of Danny's feelings about his powers. Instead, towards the end, it just became kind of another wacky romp through Amnity Park.

-I wish they would have been more conscise about Danny's powers in this episode. One minute he can't phase out of his basement, the next he's phasing through his school's roof.

Notes.
    *I was really thinking they were going to do a "Spider-man no more" type story. I might have liked that.
    *At least we know Vlad isn't controlling the press.
    *I was amazed by how small Sam' role was in all this.

This episode gets a B- from me.
    Question the Answers.

Every time you decide not to go to my artist's blog an angel has its wings viciously mutilated. Do you really want that on your conscience?
    http://stephenpjames.blogspot.com/

Bryan is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nick's updated (some) of their schedule for next week (Mon-Wed, currently updated). Danny Phantom will continue to air at 4PM (though it's repeats). I guess these new eps might be doing OK with ratings.

BTW, all 5 new episodes can be seen again THIS Saturday (tomorrow, 7/14) from 11AM-1:30PM (in the order they premiered this week).

Darklordavaitor is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it was a rather funny filler. Better than "Torrent Of Terror" for sure, and Amorpho's intresting enough. I'd say ***1/2.
    My blog! Currently reviewing every How I Met Your Mother episode, as well as the odd album review or two

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    At the very least, this epiosde addressed just why Danny Phantom wouldn't want anyone to know hie was Danny Fenton: because of all the attention he'd attract as a celebrity superhero. I still say he should at least tell his paretns (espically in this episode when they're blasting at Phantom for thinking he hurt Danny Fenton. I mean who would really try and hide they're secret at that point?) but not telling anyone else sort of makes sense, espically if you're rescuing people to help out your superhero status. I also did like Amorpho just wanting to be noticed and not cause too much trouble and actually getting along with Danny near the ep. But this episode did have it's share of ugh moments: Danny being chased so much, Phantom being blasted at by Jack and Maddie, Jack and Maddie appearing everywhere looking for Phantom (after awhile it just becomes irritating instead of humorous/plot moving), Amorpho becoming Mr. Lancer (who I guess needed some screentime after having not appeared for a few eps) and the ending. I think the joke was specifically ripped off from the FOP ep where Timmy kept letting Crocker get frozen and then unfreeze him near Waxlelplax. What wasn't really funny then was defintley not really funny here. Oh well, at least this one stayed away from the typical body switch/mistaken idenity cliches more then I thoguht it would be (I can see why some people called the synopsis confusing online) so that's something. Still one of the weaker episodes this week though.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast