View Poll Results: Katara still hates being paired with everyone and everything in this show. ^^;

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 (MainCharacterShipping)

10 50.00%
  • 4 (BadBoyGoodGirlShipping)

7 35.00%
  • 3 (SiblingShipping)

2 10.00%
  • 2 (OldManPervShipping)

1 5.00%
  • 1 (ILoveMomoShipping)

0 0%
  • 0 (FrothyMouthGuyWhoFaintsAlotShipping)

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Freedom Fighter is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talkback - Avatar: The Last Airbender "The Cave of Two Lovers" (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

The legend begins again...

||||||||||
    ||||||||||
    ||||||||||
    ||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||
    |||||
    |||
    |

But I believe Aang can save the world...

The best American-produced action show to debut in 2005 returns for its second season, as we shift to a focus on Earthbending. Avatar: The Last Airbender resumes its magical journey, gaining a cult following that grows every week!

Last Time: Earth, Chapter 1 "The Avatar State" Talkback
    This Week: Earth, Chapter 2 "The Cave of Two Lovers"
    Premieres Friday, March 24 at 8 pm, part of Friday Night Slimetime*
    (* - Which means expect an approximate 7:53 pm start.)
    Encores Saturday, March 25 at 11:30 am**
    (** - Assumption based on last week, not listed on any schedules.)
    Summary: On their way to Omashu, the kids meet a group of nomads who show them a short cut through the ‘cave of two lovers’. But when the kids become lost in the caves, they have to trust in love in order to overcome the curse and get out of the tunnels.
    Spoilers: Just don't, or you'll get a lightning bolt your way!

Yep, another new 'Avatar,' another reason to skip March Madness for half an hour! Review, and see you for another new episode in two weeks!

Freedom Fighter's Library (Last Updated 5/7-10/12 It's "Fresh from Europe" pregame week!)
    Fanfiction.Net (Last Updated 5/7/12 - Fireside Diaries, Episode 215)

Crash is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First comercial break: "...We now have but one choice. We must face the long dark of Moria..."

Nice.
    Nobody likes having to rise to a challenge, but competing against other people and getting in thier face to say 'ha-ha I'm better than you' is a part of life sometimes!

Bryan is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone else think that the audio sounds a little fuzzy tonight? It was the same way with the Catscratch episode, these are the only two shows I have watched so far. Anyone else having this problem, or notice it?

nachonaco is offline TRN: The Real Naco
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My sound just went completely out. Grrrr.....
    Check out my new blog!

http://projecthaizi.blogspot.com/

Scirel is offline WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn, I really didn`t expect it to be as good as it was. Also for them to get to Omashu in 2 episodes when it took them 16 last time. ^_^;;
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow

Strollymonster is offline NO SPRINGS!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I missed the first half...so I don't really know what happened with Iroh and Zuko. When does this replay?

A good episode, though not as good as the last...but fun nonetheless.

Points to the writers for not totally giving into shippiness and leaving it up to the viewer wether they kissed or not.

I liked the creation of Earthbending story, and I'm very interested in the idea of animals using bending...I also liked how the origin of Omashu came to be, that was awesome...the animation style was most excellent.

Speaking of animals, the wolf-bats were crazy awesome, as were the mole-badgers. Sokka's improvised song was quite humorous, as were their traveling companions.

Oh boy, looks like the Fire Nation's been busy...wonder what happened to Bumi?
    Demon's Souls: It's never felt so good to be beaten so badly. Expect me to invade your world soon...MUHAHAHAHAHA!

shaman_mya19 is offline giant robot fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    we probally have wait a little longer for the training to start for aang because Omashu has been taken over by fire nation so wait for next episode to see what happens
    Spoiler:
    ow u hurt me

LordTerminal is offline The old-school DK is back!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well they stopped at Omashu last season so they have a general idea of the location whereas the Northern Water Tribe lives mostly in secrecy in the North Pole.

That and I think they want to spend more episodes on freeing Omashu from the Fire Nation Army now that we know they broke in and took names on a city.......again.

Anyways, this episode gets a high score simply for all of the moments with Sokka. This episode just kept making me laugh. 4.5/5
    If anyone comes up and asks "Are you a spy?" just say "Yes! Can't you read? But I'm undercover!" - Don Patch

He who is tired of Weird Al, is tired of life. - Homer Simpson

Ultra Mike is offline 1000 Posts = Woot Or Something
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn, I really didn`t expect it to be as good as it was. Also for them to get to Omashu in 2 episodes when it took them 16 last time.
    Well that's probably because there didn't need to be as much development of the characters to showcase how far they've come on they're journey. Also the Northern Water Tribe Kingdom wasn't a big flaming wreck controlled by the fire nation like Omashu. Obviously they're defintley not in the save yet.

Actually I kind of feared this episode would be more mushy and annoying then it actually was. Yeah they missed a chance to develop Sokka by not dealing with the feelings he had for Yue and have that be his guiding "love", but I personally think Nickelodeon wants to make Sokka more "goofy" then he should be so there would be more comedy relief in the show. (Sure the Nick execs enjoy the show but you still know they don't want it to be TOO different then they're other stuff). And at least he had some funny stuff with the group of Nomads (I espically like how his red mark with him banging his hand on his head repetivley from they're stupidly. I'd like to think we've all felt that way from time to time). Aang and Katara's plot was also nice. I'm glad they didn't foreward the emotion too much (heck if you think about it, the story of the two lovers having to deal with the war between them could also be made for Zuko and Katara) and played it subtley. There was also some nice development in the Zuko and Iroh plot. I like to think that Zuko was slightly less hardened by the kindness of the San and her mother, but still felt he needed to do anything he could to accomplish his objective. (Thus taking the creature). I'm still hoping the rest of the season is as good as this and the last episode, and that the crew try to stick in more mature Sokka characterization. When Nick won't stop riding them about it.
    Well That's 1000 Posts Down And...

... Guess However many left I have until I get too annoying to be kept around and got banned or something.

shaman_mya19 is offline giant robot fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i was expecting to see them kiss but i hate the darkness blocking it but maybe their will be another kiss from them later
    Spoiler:
    ow u hurt me

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast