Quantcast
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    dtemplar is offline Old School Professor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thugaboo Talkback

Like This Thread!
    Nickelodeon has picked up the first animated project by Shawn, Marlon, and Keenan Ivory Wayans. Its called Thugaboo.

The show will consist of 3 specials that will air on Nickelodeon with the first to be out in August.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060308/...BHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

maczero is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does this generation really need a "Fat Albert"? I'm willing to let the FA similarities slide, but why put "Thug" in the title of a kids show that supposed to deliver positive messages?
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at realtorva@verizon.net

Cartoon Maniac Guest

Um...

I guess they're trying to redefine the word "thug"...?

I'm stretching here...

Doesn't sound that original but Nicktoons seems to have loved it.

livingfruitvirus is offline No! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When I first saw the thread, I was predicting it would be called "Kids' Cartoon."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtemplar
    Nickelodeon has picked up the first animated project by Shawn, Marlon, and Keenan Ivory Wayans. Its called Thugaboo.

The show will consist of 3 specials that will air on Nickelodeon with the first to be out in August.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060308/...NlYwN5bmNhdA--
    Oh, goody. Thug Albert and the Wayans Kids. Bleeaahhh.

Ultra Mike is offline 1000 Posts = Woot Or Something
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally stated by Shawn Wayans
    "The content is unique and funny and has a heart, so I think kids will really like it."
    Oh because you know going back to school and Christmas specials are really unique, and that Nickelodeon really has cartoons with heart in them anymore (besides maybe a few moments on Avatar), and kids really want to see more Fat Albert and gangsta ideas. Yeah that always good. (BTW, Where's the sarcasm smile around here? ).

Seriously though this seems like a bad idea in general. But it seems that every bad kids show idea these days can get fairly good ratings and high promotion on CN or nick if they know how to promote it right. I guess these specials could have SOME quality to them, but until we actually see it in action I'm putting that under the "highly doubt it" file.
    Well That's 1000 Posts Down And...

... Guess However many left I have until I get too annoying to be kept around and got banned or something.

don Jaime is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Who keeps giving the Wayans work?! They've had one good project between about eight of them, and In Living Color is fifteen years in the past and had talented people connected to it to cover for the Wayans. And frankly, even if they could coax a David Alan Grier or a Robert Schimmel to work with them again, that still wouldn't save a Wayans cartoon. I know. I saw Waynehead. Nick doesn't need a Waynehead.
    Free the Water Tower 3!

brizee is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thugaboo.

They actually managed to slip that title past a kids network. I'll give it a chance just for that.

Besides, Don't Be a Menace bought the Wayans a lifetime pass as far as I'm concerned.

tb4000 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to assume, from the past work they've done, that it will be tongue in cheek, and poking fun at the lifestyle, not celebrating it.

havokpryde is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds familiar

Morality, and ethics aside, Nick figures they can make a mint of this show, and in the end, that's all the matters.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast