View Poll Results: Will any of the cast bite the big one this week?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 (No, 'cause this is a kids' show... our heroes will survive!)

6 46.15%

4 30.77%

0 0%

1 7.69%

0 0%
  • 0 (Yes... in fact, they all should! And so should this show!)

2 15.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Freedom Fighter is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Avatar "The Blue Spirit" Talkback

Like This Thread!

'Avatar: The Last Airbender' Talkback

Book 1: Water -- Chapter 13: The Blue Spirit

Premieres Friday, 6/17/05, at 8 p.m. EST

(Note: Because of Nick’s fickle scheduling policies, airing dates and times are subject to change.)

Previously on ‘Avatar’:
    With a storm fast approaching at sea, Prince Zuko gets into an argument with one of his officers. The officer doesn’t see why Zuko acts the way he does… until when the team is bogged down by the storm’s arrival, when Iro decides to regale the men on board with a story. The story of how Zuko used to be, how anxious he was to one day lead the Fire Nation army to victory, and the mistake that resulted in his father, the Fire Lord, to give him that ugly scar on his face.

Meanwhile, when Katara dares Sokka to take more of a leadership role, he does by offering to fill in for a fisherman’s wife, who refuses to accompany said fisherman on a trip out to sea… just as the aforementioned storm approaches. In the process, upon discovering Aang’s identity as the Avatar, berates him for allowing the current war to even begin in the first place! Aang flees to a nearby cave to sulk, where Katara eventually finds him. Aang admits there’s some truth to the fisherman’s claims, as he tells her the story of how he learned he became the Avatar, how his life changed, and how he ended up frozen in that ice cube that she and Sokka had originally found him in!

The stories were over, but the storm wasn’t. The fisherman’s wife comes to Aang begging him to go out and save her husband (and Sokka). And on board the Fire Nation vessel, the lightning destroys the bridge, leaving the helmsman hanging on for dear life to keep from being blown away. Aang and Zuko go to work to save their friends/fellow soldier. They succeed, the storm passes, and the prince and the chosen one see eye-to-eye in the eye of the storm, so to speak. For now, their personal duel is put on hold…

This Week (courtesy of Nick.com): When Sokka and Katara get too sick to travel, Aang goes out on his own to find a cure for them. But he is captured by Zhao and held prisoner inside an impenetrable fortress!

Other Programming Notes:
    - Note that there are NO immediate repeats scheduled for this episode!
    - New episode of “Danny Phantom” follows tonight at 8:30 p.m. EST.

Freedom Fighter's Library (Last Updated 5/7-10/12 It's "Fresh from Europe" pregame week!)
    Fanfiction.Net (Last Updated 5/7/12 - Fireside Diaries, Episode 215)

Bubblegum Girl is offline Magic User Wannabe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't unsderstand the poll. Is 5 bad this time?

At the beginning of episode I though that
    Spoiler:
    Zuko was the masked warrior and I was right! It's too bad that Aang and Zuko can't be friends. Hey, they are in a war.
    It was funny to see Sokka hallucinating and thinking he was an earthbender.

Bearpod91 is offline I still have a moving avatar!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well that was a cool ep. I liked the old lady, I thought she was a fire nation spy or somethin. that spioler was very understandable too...MAN can he use a sword! I cant wait for the next ep...aang chained up...man i felt happy seeing him that way...i dont know why.

Comics2film!

My Art!

Check Em Out!

Crash is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler:
    If Zuko is really that good, how come he keeps getting pawned every other eppisode?
    Good, but at the end of the eppisode that question was really bugging me.
    Nobody likes having to rise to a challenge, but competing against other people and getting in thier face to say 'ha-ha I'm better than you' is a part of life sometimes!

Freedom Fighter is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum Girl
    I don't unsderstand the poll. Is 5 bad this time?
    It's supposed to be a play on how in some kids' cartoons the heroes never die. Or if they do die, it's written otherwise to cover it up (i.e., he/she went away, just got injured really bad, etc.). 5 is still the highest score, by the way. Oh, and I'll be upset if 'Avatar' goes down that road in the future.

Oh, wait... they came close in this episode!

When the 'ninja' (as my brother aptly put it) is holding Aang hostage... Zhao orders one of the archers to fire an arrow at the 'ninja.' Apparently, he gets hit and falls to the ground unconscious. Kinda confusing... did the arrow really hit? If so, where did it hit to knock the 'ninja' out? And where did said arrow land?

(I'm kinda being ambigious as to who the 'ninja' is, since everyone else, for the moment, is keeping hush hush about it. Maybe I should've put the (Spoilers) tag in the thread title...)

Anyway, that scene made me think of two possibilities that were about to happen:
    1) The 'ninja' was killed by the arrow.
    2) Since the 'ninja' freed Aang from Zhao's clutches, he's had a change of heart and now joins Aang's team.

Thankfully, neither happened... for now, anyways. It's back to the same old, same old.

Oh, and in a 'don't-try-until-scientifically-proven' moment... sucking on frozen frogs cures a fever. That's original! Hmmm... I wonder how it stacks up compared to the theorem that licking toads makes you feel high!

8 out of 10. A good plot-mover, and even more questions asked to fill in the gaps after the reveals from the last episode.

Freedom Fighter's Library (Last Updated 5/7-10/12 It's "Fresh from Europe" pregame week!)
    Fanfiction.Net (Last Updated 5/7/12 - Fireside Diaries, Episode 215)

Darking is offline Packing Heat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler:
    General Zhao probably figured out who the Blue Spirit was and also knew that the archer could hit his target without killing him. The arrow hit the mask with such force that even if the Prince Zuko wasn't render unconcious, he would still be dazed for a few moments.

As for why, if Zuko is that good he doesn't seem that way in other eps, he was clearly not using his fire bending throughout most of his infiltration, probably to avoid being targeted as a traitor. Because he couldn't depend on his main weapon, he had to compensate with his other skills. This probably threw his opponents off balance because to attack a bender head on when you have no bending skills is tantamount to suicide.

I could have lived without the very ending with the toads, though. It kind of ruined the scenes with Zuko and Eng being alone.

I.R Joey is offline Yep my face got stuck this way
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well the identity of the ninja turned out to be a real shock for me. I even kinda jumped a bit when Aang took off that mask.

We also had some really great action scenes in this episode. With Aang showing just how versitile airbending can be.

Zhao's reasoning for not killing Aang made sense too, but wasn't the next stage in the cycle a Fire nation avatar?

Anyway, good ep.
    Question the Answers.

Every time you decide not to go to my artist's blog an angel has its wings viciously mutilated. Do you really want that on your conscience?
    http://stephenpjames.blogspot.com/

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter
    When the 'ninja' (as my brother aptly put it) is holding Aang hostage... Zhao orders one of the archers to fire an arrow at the 'ninja.' Apparently, he gets hit and falls to the ground unconscious. Kinda confusing... did the arrow really hit? If so, where did it hit to knock the 'ninja' out? And where did said arrow land?
    I'm presuming the arrow just bumped his mask really hard, saving him from any skin damage.

IIRC, Zhao said to the archer, "KNOCK OUT the thief." He didn't say to kill him.

There's really no other explanation I can think off the top of my head...

Darking is offline Packing Heat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I.R Joey
    Zhao's reasoning for not killing Aang made sense too, but wasn't the next stage in the cycle a Fire nation avatar?
    Actually, the previous avatar was Fire Nation: Avatar Ryoku. The next nation in the Avatar Cycle would be an Earth Bender.

Kida is offline Cafe Mew Mew e youkoso
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "He thinks he's an Earth bender."
    "Take that, you rocks!"

Anyway, there sure was a lot of eyebrow twitching in this episode. I was surprised about the masked ninja too. Since it was a blue mask I thought the ninja was a Water bender/new character, or Katara and Sokka's grandma. That would have been funny.
    Chikyuu no mirai ni, gohoushii suru nya!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast