• 2 stars

0 0%
  • 1 star

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I.R Joey is offline Yep my face got stuck this way
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Avatar TLA: "The Storm" talkback (spoilers).

Like This Thread!

It's time for another chapter in what has to be one of the most innovative and unique shows Nick has ever made.

Accoriding to the commercials this episode will have alot of material dealing with Aang's rather traumatic final hours before he was frozen. And if I may quote the commercial "Zuko's shadowy past begins to come to light." Could this mean that we finally learn why he's in exile, and how he got the scar on his face? It looks like this is going to be a very backstory heavy episode so buckle up.
    Oh yeah and Sokka helps some guy with his boat apparently.
    Question the Answers.

Every time you decide not to go to my artist's blog an angel has its wings viciously mutilated. Do you really want that on your conscience?
    http://stephenpjames.blogspot.com/

Freedom Fighter is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jumped the gun a little bit, didn't we I.R. Joey? Eh... just as well... I wasn't sure I was going to get around to posting this. I didn't write up a summary of the last premiere, so you guys will have to make due with this...

'Avatar: The Last Airbender' Talkback

Book 1: Water -- Chapter 12: The Storm

Premieres Friday, 6/3/05, at 8 p.m. EST; Encores: Next Friday at 9 p.m. EST

Note: Because of Nick’s fickle scheduling policies, airing dates and times are subject to change.)

This Week (courtesy of Nick.com):
    A powerful storm brings up painful memories of the past - and puts everyone in jeopardy in the present. If you’re looking for angst, if you’re looking for Sokka to take more of a leadership role, and you really want to know how Prince Zuko got that scar… THIS is the episode to watch!

Other Programming Notes:
    - New episode of “Danny Phantom” follows tonight at 8:30 p.m. EST.
    - Only one repeat of this episode is scheduled currently… next Friday night, after the premiere of “The Fairly OddParents: School’s Out - The Musical.”

Freedom Fighter's Library (Last Updated 5/7-10/12 It's "Fresh from Europe" pregame week!)
    Fanfiction.Net (Last Updated 5/7/12 - Fireside Diaries, Episode 215)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I usually do this on the Disney board as well since I'm in class on Fridays and alot of times people kind of forget. But thanks for adding to the talkback.
    Question the Answers.

Every time you decide not to go to my artist's blog an angel has its wings viciously mutilated. Do you really want that on your conscience?

Shark is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally, we get the answers to some lingering questions.

Poor Aang. It would really suck to go from happy go-lucky kid that likes to have fun, to suddenly be told that you have to save the world and give up your former lifestyle. Its no wonder he ran away.

And then Zuko...You know, he's really not a bad guy. He was worried about the safety of his people, and ended up with that nasty scar, given to him by his own father. He's just a son who wants the approval of his father. If you ask me, Aang and Zuko will eventually team up to face the Fire Lord.

The greatest scene was definately Iroh getting stuck by lightning, and redirecting it away from the ship.

Neo Yi is offline Uhhhhhh...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's nice to hear some answeres to questions dealing with how Aang ended up the way he is and how Prince Zuko ended up the way he is. Zuko shows his human side which I like and dare I say, his past form is kinda...well, hot (no, I didn't mean that literally).
    I also love how they still use humor in certain scenes at just the right time and not make it feel inappriorate. Much respect.
    ~Neo

Bubblegum Girl is offline Magic User Wannabe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I knew that Aang ran away. I wasn't sure if it was out of fear or because he was forced to leave Gyasho. Zuko really had it rough. Forced to fight his own dad who gives him that scar. But he still has a heart.

Freedom Fighter is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I.R Joey
    Well I usually do this on the Disney board as well since I'm in class on Fridays and alot of times people kind of forget. But thanks for adding to the talkback.
    It's alright. I usually do the 'Avatar' talkbacks and post them a few hours before the episode airs. Unfortunately, I've been out almost all day, and only got home at 7:30, half an hour before the show. It doesn't help that I didn't get time to write a recap from the last episode... usually I have the talkbacks already written up earlier in the week, but I've been so busy these past few days.

Anyway, enough of that! Onto my thoughts on tonight's episode...

We get two backstories in one episode! We learn how Aang discovered he was the Avatar and how he ended up frozen, and we also learned how Zuko got the nasty scar... and the nasty disposition (and unwilling quest to regain his honor) that came with it. Lot of guilt trip between these two... I always find it funny how a good number of action shows have a hero and a villain who share many similarities.

Is it just me, or do Aang and company run out of supplies just as often as they get captured? They make the 'Pokémon' gang look like geniuses. Well, almost...

I love Sokka's silliness. Seriously... dreaming about food that eats people?

I was almost frightened at the end. I was beginning to believe they'd show Aang and Katara's rescue attempt of Sokka and the fisherman fail and then Nick would leave us on cliffhanger!

7.5 out of 10 for "The Storm." The major questions for Aang and Zuko have been answered... now we wait on seeing if Sokka and Katara have theirs soon enough.

Freedom Fighter's Library (Last Updated 5/7-10/12 It's "Fresh from Europe" pregame week!)
    Fanfiction.Net (Last Updated 5/7/12 - Fireside Diaries, Episode 215)

Gokou Ruri is offline Wielder of the dark arts.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OMFG LIGHTNING BENDER!!

Anyway, nice episode that gives us the backstory for Aang and Zuko. 9/10

Kida is offline Cafe Mew Mew e youkoso
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, poor Zuko. That was quite a personality change he had there. I was more interested in Zuko's past than Aang's, but all in all it was quite a great episode. I'm definitely looking forward to the episodes ahead, whenever they air. o.o;
    Chikyuu no mirai ni, gohoushii suru nya!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was perhaps the best episode of the series we've seen so far. We had two back stories in one, we had that hillarious elderly couple, and of course the cool artwork we've come to expect from this series.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Avatar represents a bold new direction for Nick, and I really think they need to keep turning out episodes like this. We need more cartoons that will put aside the action elements for a while and really concentrate on developing the charecters past. Like some of you I'm hoping see an episode about Sokka and Katara's mother as well.

Excelent episode I give a very rare 10 outta 10 to it. I really can't think of anything wrong with it.

By the way was that lightning bending we saw out of Zuko's uncle? If so I really want to see were the show goes with that. And who was that smiling girl next to him during the flashback that seemed to be enjoying Zuko's pain?
    Question the Answers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast