Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    YBP
    YBP is offline Yamcha's Big Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spongebob vs Fairly Odd parents?

Like This Thread!
    Hey

I've told several people that I lvoe "Fairly Odd Parents" and people look at me with a look of disinterest and say "oh cool...but how cool is Spongebob?"

Does anyone else think that Spongebob is over-rated? Don't get me wrong Spongebob is a great show...but Fairly Odd Parents gets over looked too many times.

What do you think?
    "Be brave Chere, Gambit never say dis to anyone before...Gambit...loves you"

Fan of Sponge is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, I don't think Spongebob is a overrated cartoon. Spongebob was actually an underdog cartoon six years ago when it first permired. It didn't get really popular when I started to see interest of the show back in 2001 when season two was starting. I just hope season four, which starts in May will be very good compared to some the episodes which weren't good back in season three.

Still Spongebob is not overrated. I mean not only kids are wearing Spongebob stuff, but teenagers, college students, and adults have interest with the show. The show has made 85 million in the US and over 40 million worldwide especially in the UK where the show is starting to take off.

Runaway is offline Web-Head
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like SpongeBob SquarePants better than Fairly OddParents by a little bit.

Elven Moon is offline hiya, toonsters
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spongebob is so overexposed I've come to seriously dislike it. I don't normally voluntarily watch it. I prefer Fairly Oddparents.
    "You look like an ugly sister's... ugly sister's... ugly doll... thing" - Victor Volt, The Secret Show
    Cels of Sugar: Megan's Cel Gallery
    Retro Shoujo

I.R Joey is offline Yep my face got stuck this way
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Both shows have had there ups and downs. By that I mean some episodes being hillarious, and others being pretty dull.

But to tell you the truth, I thinks its to close to call for me.

For me the crowning achievment for FOP was the movie "Channel Chasers" which was in my opinion one of the best things Nick had all last year. But I've also found the Fairlyodd parents practice of repeating jokes several times an episode to be rather trying at times.

Spongebob, I think, has some pretty fun poses and expressions. But for me the thing that truly lifts the show for me in Tom Kenny's inspired voice acting. The show often stands and falls on how well he's doing (the other voice actors are pretty good to though).
    Question the Answers.

Every time you decide not to go to my artist's blog an angel has its wings viciously mutilated. Do you really want that on your conscience?
    http://stephenpjames.blogspot.com/

YBP
    YBP is offline Yamcha's Big Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Moon
    Spongebob is so overexposed I've come to seriously dislike it. I don't normally voluntarily watch it. I prefer Fairly Oddparents.
    I agree, but it's not so much that Spongebob isn't good, it's just that Fairly Odd parents *is*. It's like Spongebob overshadows Fairly Odd Parents
    "Be brave Chere, Gambit never say dis to anyone before...Gambit...loves you"

jarjar23 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Definetly SpongeBob. The new FOP episodes are not that good, imo.

Natey is offline blank
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    both i seen every eps like 100000000000000000 times so its annoying but i wud proably say FOP but band geeks for spongebob will neva get old
    -Formally imisshostinCCF

Tak Maz is offline Jawbreaker!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They both air far too often. I can't choose which I prefer, they both have their own kinds of pazzaz!

LightShadow1890 is offline ..needs to change her avatar.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure. I seriously say "neither", but that's just me.

Well, to me, Spongebob is to Nick as DBZ is to CN/Toonami...in terms of popularity and airing. I kind of do think that Spongebob is overrated, actually. But stating all the reasons why would be bordering around flamebait.

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first something in return.To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equal Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth." -Alphonse Elric

"Grammy Flash always used to say the problem with 'an eye for an eye' is that everyone ends up blind." -The Flash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast