- Ginger is serving ham at the party, despite the fact that she considers herself Jewish.
- Just before Joann collapses, she feels pain in her right arm; in fact, one of the "classic" symptoms of a heart attack is feeling pain in your left
- Nickelodeon - the network where you can't show people smoking cigarettes, but you can have 12-year-olds using the word "suicide".
- The last customer Carl mentions is named Bouvier; coincidentally (or is it?), that's Patty and Selma's last name (and Marge's, before she changed it to Simpson when she got married) on The Simpsons, which was originally done in part by Klasky-Csupo (and has Tress MacNeille (the voice of Hoodsey) in minor roles, including Principal Skinner's mother, in just about every episode).
- When this episode first aired in the USA, Frankie Muniz was co-hosting the TeeNICK segments that aired that night; Jason Marsden (who did two voices in this episode) replaced Frankie as the voice of Chester on The Fairly Oddparents.