- Ginger is serving ham at the party, despite the fact that she considers herself Jewish.
- Just before Joann collapses, she feels pain in her right arm; in fact, one of the "classic" symptoms of a heart attack is feeling pain in your left
- the network where you can't show people smoking cigarettes, but you can have 12-year-olds using the word "suicide".
- The last customer Carl mentions is named Bouvier; coincidentally (or is it?), that's Patty and Selma's last name (and Marge's, before she changed it to Simpson when she got married) on The Simpsons
, which was originally done in part by Klasky-Csupo (and has Tress MacNeille (the voice of Hoodsey) in minor roles, including Principal Skinner's mother, in just about every episode).
- When this episode first aired in the USA, Frankie Muniz was co-hosting the TeeNICK segments that aired that night; Jason Marsden (who did two voices in this episode) replaced Frankie as the voice of Chester on The Fairly Oddparents