Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Animaniac is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Life As A Teenage Robot Talkback (SPOILERS): "Saved by the shell" and "Tradeshow..

Like This Thread!

Saved by the shell

New episodes, I didnt know they would air a new one tonight! So cool, I love it. Lots of Brad and Tuck in the beginning. Jenny falling for Don is funny! Poor Sheldon just couldnt get a break tonight.

Tradeshow Showdown

Pretty cool story, lots of great robot designs, all very old fashion looking though. Even the Silver Shell has an old fashion feel to him.

Bubblegum Girl is offline Magic User Wannabe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't get to see Saved by the Shell fully but I'm please that Sheldon has an alter ego from Sliver Shell. Vexus is back huh? The Cluster is a good reacurring villain for Jenny. Maybe there might be an episode where a female Cluster warrior falls for the Sliver Shell and fights Jenny for him and/or an episode about Jenny befriending a Cluster drones who's not really bad at all. I like the Cluster but I want to see non-robotic recurring villians.

Xfox is offline I love purple haired girls
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had no idea they were airing a new one either, and they were both good episodes too. It's nice to see some continuity, "Silver Shell" returning, the Cluster and the diner (can't remember the name of it). Although it was a little strange that XJ9 wasn't head over heels in love with Silver Shell as in the previous episode. The ending to "Saved By the Shell" was great, and Sheldon is really starting to grow on me as a character.
    X Marks the Fox
    My website of art and fanfic

wrenchien is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that tradeshow was a very surprising episode for the cluster to be involved in.. perhaps it'll be part of season 1's ongoing tales of her versus those evil robots, in between all the hilarity..

it was very neat an ending when the professor realized, that what she built was more than a tool.. but a setinent, caring machine truly willing to fight for what was right.

it was pretty shocking , btw, how that seemingly nice robot suddenly turned out to be the cluster queen.

Tash is offline Senior Member Daymare Invaders Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    0_0 Maybe it's me, but was that scene where vexus was adressing the robots a Hitler refrence? With the banners and such...

Anyways, good to see Silver Shell again. I wonder if he'll be back after this... And Don seems to be out of the picture too... time to introduce someone new XD

lostrune is offline Detective Rachel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's funny that Jenny resolves to avoiding "smooth operators" considering she was one! And a robot to boot!

(Yeah, typical Nick scheduling. I specifically pre-checked TV guides for this, and all had a rerun listed. )

Animaniac is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Nick did this not to fool people, but to give something to their loyal fans. I watch teenage robot every friday regardless of new episodes or re-runs, so to put one on unschedualed means the true fans would not be left out of the loop if they tuned in

One a side note, I cant believe Mutant Turtles talkbalk is getting more posts then this! Turtles are so 80s

Lonestarr is offline Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I caught the whole episode today (only saw "Tradeshow Showdown" yesterday).

"Saved by the Shell" - It was all right. It had its moments (like the list of the women Don Prima has dated; some names were checked more than once), but it was only so-so. [ranting ahead] I sincerely hope the writers aren't seriously considering putting Jenny and Sheldon together. Go back and re-watch "Attack of the 5 1/2 Foot Geek". Sure, Sheldon had my sympathy in the first scene, but then they went and turned him into this clingy creep. Given my feelings about Arnold and Helga on "Hey Arnold!" (search the posts; you'll find something), I am very much against any shipping that would dare put a deluded psycho with the main character (which is why you'll never see me supporting Timmy and Veronica - "The Fairly Oddparents"). [/rant]

"Tradeshow Showdown" - This was better. The trade show was a riot, with the various robots and the visitors (loved the country folk and the knuckle buffer).
    I feel that a big problem with today's society is that we don't listen to our fellow man -- especially when I'm talking.
    "Never be afraid to borrow from those wiser than yourself." - Mr. Jimmy (voice of David Arquette) on "Pelswick"
    "What do I care what some yahoo like Lonestarr posts on the internet?" - President Skroob (voice of Mel Brooks) on "Spaceballs: the Series"
    Links in a chain: DeviantArt | Fanfiction.net | Mr. Cellophane

lostrune is offline Detective Rachel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Animaniac
    I think Nick did this not to fool people, but to give something to their loyal fans. I watch teenage robot every friday regardless of new episodes or re-runs, so to put one on unschedualed means the true fans would not be left out of the loop if they tuned in
    Or it may piss them off, since being true fans, they've seen all the eps (and probably recorded), so they don't need reruns and thus avoid reruns. Or at least scheduled reruns, which turns out to be not a rerun at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Animaniac
    One a side note, I cant believe Mutant Turtles talkbalk is getting more posts then this! Turtles are so 80s
    This one is new and different. And there's more to talk about and discuss.