Quantcast
    TheFZAtUGSOnline is offline Galactic Guardian since 2010
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New York's 98.7 WRKS (Kiss FM) - The End.

Like This Thread!
    I cannot believe this, but a new york radio staple is leaving us effective this monday. ESPN Radio NYC will take over on that day. As an R&B listener, i respecf what RKS did with the urban community giving us great programs, in fact, Micheal Baston who got his start on the station, went on being a nationaly syndicated staple in the US. and I respect that. You see, not only Rock music is being extreminated in NYC (look what happened to FM-News 101.9, for example) but then again, i think this is a sad story. Besides the point, i will miss RKS with great openess. Station will flip on 4-30-12 with Mike and Mike in the morning as ESPN takes over. - Your Thoughts? End Point
    --The FZ
    You know the rest...
    I'm out!

Peter Paltridge is offline Steve was delicious
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    At least they're giving you advance warning. They NEVER do that with the stations in my city -- things just change overnight, and DJs walk into the building to find out they're fired.

Most infamously, there was a hard rock station that changed to right-wing talk overnight. Talk about a rude awakening.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: So it's finally here! Rereleased for you! If you have a Wii U you can join in too! But some of the games are simply the worst! If they trip ya, it's gonna hurt! Check out the 12 Worst Parts of Donkey Kong 64....